Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 06:18 PM

155 posts, read 146,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
http://www.internationalfreepresssociety.org/2011/01/danish-government-is-prosecuting-individuals-for-hate-speech/ (broken link)

Enjoy your stay in the Danish hoosegow. You will have lots of time to ponder those freedoms you gave up.
Firstly that guy in the article is a known bigot and Islamaphobist.

Secondly, I have lived in Germany and they have similar laws. Never once felt un-free. Please take your blind Patriotism elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 06:19 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,505,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasDinganSich View Post
We are run by corporations and theocratic lunatics. We complain about government interference but some don't hesitate to push agendas with subtle religious morality attached. We are also brainwashed to obey anyone wearing a military uniform. It is impossible to question any military action in this country, even if it is just mindless murder like in Iraq.

I for one am getting out of here as soon as I graduate with a degree.
No apologies for not getting up and showing you the door.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
ONLY with tuition? That is pretty big help.

Your views will change once you enter the real world.
In the EU I can attend Grad school for only a few hundred dollars a semester or in some cases free.

I am in the real world. I bet you have never left your secure little bubble you like to call America.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:24 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,596,383 times
Quote:
In the EU I can attend Grad school for only a few hundred dollars a semester or in some cases free.

I am in the real world. I bet you have never left your secure little bubble you like to call America.
Wrong. Don't assume to know people. My father worked in the corporate world - that would probably be 'big, bad corporate world' to you.

I have traveled to:
Hawaii - 3 times
Australia
New Zealand
England
Scotland
Cruised the French Riviera
Spain
Mexico
and a host of carribean islands

We live in the greatest Country and nothing can compare. Again, you will realize this one day.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Wrong. Don't assume to know people. My father worked in the corporate world - that would probably be 'big, bad corporate world' to you.

I have traveled to:
Hawaii - 3 times
Australia
New Zealand
England
Scotland
Cruised the French Riviera
Spain
Mexico
and a host of carribean islands

We live in the greatest Country and nothing can compare. Again, you will realize this one day.
Maybe you'll realize we don't.

It takes a large amount of ignorance to declare your country the best.

As I told the other poster, take your blind Patriotism elsewhere.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:33 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,926,413 times
Quote:
Germany or Austria. EU's immigration is fairly strict but I meet many qualifying standards of the countries. If that doesn't work out, than probably New Zealand or Australia.
go to australia, it's amazing, I used to live there. Lots of jobs, good economy.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:33 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,596,383 times
Quote:
Maybe you'll realize we don't.

It takes a large amount of ignorance to declare your country the best.

As I told the other poster, take your blind Patriotism elsewhere.
I am living where my patriotism stands. You are the one wanting out of here. I am also educated and hardly ignorant. But you may be feeling your lack of intelligence - sorry for you.

Hopefully you will find what you are looking for, but I seriously doubt it.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
I am living where my patriotism stands. You are the one wanting out of here. I am also educated and hardly ignorant. But you may be feeling your lack of intelligence - sorry for you.

Hopefully you will find what you are looking for, but I seriously doubt it.
I already found what I am looking for. I lived in it for one year and looking forward to going back. They truly live in a freer society than we do.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:38 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,942,995 times
There are plenty of places with higher standards of living and greater social mobility than America. Nationalistic pride is for fools and ignorant blowhards. Don't listen to people who resort to chest-thumping.

That said, it's fairly uncontroversial to state that we're living in what is, for the moment, the most powerful country in the world. What's more, we live in a country that's extremely young and possesses a great amount of potential, in my opinion. We can identify what's wrong and try to make it better or we can shrug our shoulders and be passive or leave as if the issues threatening the future of the nation don't exist in varying degrees in other places.

I guess if you have no attachments then it's no problem, but most people don't have the luxury, and for the most part, many of us still feel some attachment to where we come from, irrational though it may be. Flight doesn't solve everything though, don't get it twisted.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:38 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,820,562 times
Quote:
I already found what I am looking for. I lived in it for one year and looking forward to going back. They truly live in a freer society than we do.
Free education doesn't make a society freer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies