Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2011, 07:12 PM

527 posts, read 1,020,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Isn't there enough room for the followers of Islam in the Arab countries? Why is the total destruction of Israel necessary when Muslims well out number Christians in the Middle East? Is the destruction of the heart of Christianity in Israel the only way that Muslims can be secure in their religion?

Please stay on topic without anti-semetic/Zionist comments. Let's keep this discussion civil please.
the muslim religion wants total destruction for whoever does not follow their allah- that is what their religion is about - muslim religion is NOT a religion of peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 07:14 PM

915 posts, read 1,190,877 times
The Persians were one of few nations to maintain a separately distinct culture when the Arabs invaded. Indeed they even dominated the Arabs, and Islam, once their power began to decline.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:15 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Ah, because for thousands of years they have been Persians? Persia fell to Islam and there has been a huge influx of Arabs into the region now know as Iran since the 7th century. I guess if we can discount this then we can also acknowledge that Palestinians likely originated from Crete thousands of years ago and have no claim on the land now known as Israel?

The fall of Persia to Islam, interesting wording, but I digress. Persia was conquered by Arabs, not colonized. The wording is common if you look up several historical articles. Are you suggesting that Arabs did not stay in Persia at all? Could you please support that with some evidence?

Ah, NO! Iranians speak Farsi, the official language, not Arabic!!!!
Thank you. And the culture?

Old 02-12-2011, 07:17 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinyc View Post
the muslim religion wants total destruction for whoever does not follow their allah- that is what their religion is about - muslim religion is NOT a religion of peace
This thread is about more than debating the peaceful/non-peaceful nature of Islam, much more.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:11 PM

421 posts, read 448,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Your "points" have no relevance to those who do not embrace Islam. My choices are my own, and have not a whit to do with the ramblings of some crazed "prophet" or deluded posters.
The importance for those who do not follow Islam is that it would be erroneous to blame Islam for causing violence, or to think that Islam should be the focus of strategy.

The only rational action for strategists is thus to focus on different states in the MENA, and how to achieve geo-political goals.

If we are in agreement that Islam is not the problem, but that we need to focus on politics, then I think some degree of process has been made.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:38 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
The Arab States don't want Israel to disappear. (Iranians are not Arabs.) The Israeli govt. refused to discuss the Arab/Saudi peace plans of 2002 and 2007 and still have not issued an offical response. This plan as a basis of negotiation recognizes Israel. Israel simply can't understand, US aide will not go on forever while Arabs are dispossed of their homes, water, housing etc.
Do I smell a bit of anti-semite talk here?

Old 02-12-2011, 09:40 PM

421 posts, read 448,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do I smell a bit of anti-semite talk here?
That's a bit cheap isn't it? Do you feel dirty?

Old 02-12-2011, 09:58 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
The Egyptian Ambassador to the US said on CNN today that all existing treaties with Israel will remain in place. Egypt is the largest Arab country in the world. So there goes that premise.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:07 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times
because they're brainwashed into a religion... cmon now.. middle christian america should be able to understand this.. Imagine if we had a Muslim nation in our backyard, promoting things counter to our "christian beliefs" we'd have crazies calling for their destruction you bet your rear end!

Old 02-12-2011, 10:19 PM

60 posts, read 92,057 times
For most of the reasons mentioned above. I'll add one here myself: because they're nuts. I feel bad for their women however who have no choice in the matter and who get treated like crap. It makes me absolutely sick how they treat their women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies