Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 05:38 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Well for one, I am against the death penalty and two she was and is a lunatic idiot. Some people are just demented regardless of their political or fiscal/social leanings.....
That's true. I, too, am anti-death-penalty.

The prosecution has to establish motive for the killings.....and that's what they did. Yes, I think the woman may even be a psychopath. Surprisingly there are lots of psychopaths out here in the free world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 05:40 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
Her group was somewhat well known. I remember reading about these people before the murder was ever committed.

It's unfortunate that the group had some credibility before all these things happened.
Yep she was an activist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErqCmLiWQj8

Interview with a Norwegian TV reporter

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiw...ller-minutemen

Old 02-14-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
I made a mistake while posting.

I took out your quote from my post.
Why did you edit out the apology?

I was going to say "accepted" and thank you.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:41 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
Wrong. Again. It doesn't matter whether you "give a damn" or not. Facts are facts. And these are the facts:

My point is that her criminal actions were motivated by HER DESIRE TO FUND HER ORGANIZATION, which was clearly an extremist right wing organization. That involves POLITICS whether you like it or not. Who are you to say whether or not she was a "true conservative"? Huh? Are you the judge who the "real conservatives" are throughout the country?

The woman started an extremist organization, which she called Minutemen something, and they guarded the border to prevent people from crossing illegally. THAT'S POLITICAL. And she and her Minutemen members were taking the law into their own hands when they did that. She needed funding for her organization and that was the motive for the robbery. The murders were committed in an effort to raise funds for her Minutemen organization. Those are the facts which apparently came out at trial. The jury obviously believed those facts and found her guilty.

Again, whether you give a damn what her motives were really doesn't matter. Seems that you're just trying to guilt trip people for posting news and assigning motives to people based on your biases.

As I said, if you think publicizing news like this is "truly sick" then you must live in a fantasyland and have absolutely no clue what is really "sick" in this world!
You failed to point out how im exactly wrong? Using this story, the AZ story, etc solely for political gain is wrong. Especially when the actions of the person does in no way represent or get the support of any political party nor do the actions coincide with the beliefs and foundation of what being on the "right" or conservative is all about.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:44 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,416,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

You're not?

Old 02-14-2011, 05:48 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Did you hear the one about the liberals that torched those Hummers about five years ago? They're out of control huh?

Forde convicted in killing of Arivaca man, daughter

"Forde is the leader of the Minutemen American Defense, a small border watch group. Prosecutors argued that she planned the attack to help fund its anti-immigrant operations."
Why are you politicizing a tragedy?

Old 02-14-2011, 05:50 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,338,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
She had her own small independent group. Her group was not part of the well known Minutemen group.

The title of the thread is misleading.

It needs to be changed.
And the OP is leaving out vital info such as this:

"Simcox said the fact that his group kicked Forde out in 2007 amid allegations of lying and pretending to be a senior leader proves that the anti-illegal immigration movement is effectively policing itself."

"Her group was small and unorganized, with about 14 members and no formal meetings or activities, said Chuck Stonex, a former group member from Alamagordo, N.M., who severed his ties to the organization following Forde's arrest."

Border killings roil Minuteman movement - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Old 02-14-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Dont play dumb. You know exactly what im talking about. While in this case, seeing how she was robbing to pay for her organization is worthy of making note, but to focus solely on that as some are is wrong and not relevant. Using this to try and slander people who are on the "right" is sick and pathetic.

Its all about personal responsibility. This woman could have been the head of a "left wing" group, and she wouldve done the same exact thing. Why? Because that is who she is. It wasnt being a right winger, as you call it, that made her do what she did. It was her own lack of common sense, conscience, etc.

And really, you act like the Arizona shooting didnt just happen and we all saw how the media and the Left, FALSELY tried to paint that clown as some right winger and that it all had to do with "rhetoric". I think it became quickly clear that that crime in AZ was committed because he was an insane nutjob who doesnt deserve another breath.
Bucs, I'm NOT playing dumb.

Her MOTIVE is not at all irrelevant. In order to convict her, the prosecution had to establish motive. They didn't say that her motive was just that she was a "bad" person. They established that her motive was to steal money to FUND HER border guarding organization.

Yep, if she had been a left-winger and she had established some extremist left wing organization which took the law into their own hands, most likely she would have tried to steal money to FUND that organization.

The problem is that she created an extremist right wing organization and she felt that what she was doing (even though guarding the border as a private citizen is against the law) JUSTIFIED whatever actions she had to take to keep it going. That's political. No way around it.

Please explain to me how someone "Slanders" people on the right. I think you're using the wrong word there, bud.

I don't see the connection between the AZ shooting and this woman who planned her crime and made it clear that she felt justified in stealing in order to fund her organization, which according to some people, was a very patriotic thing to do, that is guarding the border. You may not like what she did, but you can't say she's insane.

I find it interesting that you have such contempt for the "insane nutjob" and that you advocate killing insane people. And you're the guy bemoaning the "sick" media.....and "truely sick" posting of threads like this?

Old 02-14-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Why are you politicizing a tragedy?
Because IT WAS A POLITICAL ACTION.

If you would bother to read the news article linked in the OP you'd maybe understand what this thread is all about.

Can't get much more political than committing a crime to fund an organization of private citizens who guard the border.....(it's illegal for private citizens to take the law into their own hands you know)

Old 02-14-2011, 06:05 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,338,399 times
The name of the group was: Minutemen American Defense

Please change the title of the thread.

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies