Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 06:08 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
other than Fox I have not heard much about this, Obama should be outraged over this!
I sure am
these reporters risk their lives over there and she deserves our country to stand behind her!!
How horrible I pray she will be okay
is any one even looking for who did this???
This story has been on every conceivable news source. A few pages back it was noted that Obama called her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 03:46 AM

4,085 posts, read 4,338,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
A few pages back it was noted that Obama called her.
Why did he call her? Because the crimes committed were his fault? I don't get what the point of publicizing that he called is.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:59 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Because this detracts from the issue. These barbaric men sexually assaulted a woman. If we give them an excuse (saying they were Muslim extremists, or whatever else) it means we don't have to take any responsibility for the fact that savage crimes of sexual violence occur all over the world, including the US. People always want to make excuses for sexual offenders. I am sick of it.
To clear it up, I thoroughly condemn any man that would harm a woman. I believe in protecting women and treating them with dignity and respect. I love my wife and daughters and would castrate any man that touched either of them.

Having said that, these were islamic extremists, in all likelihood. Despite the attempts by many people to give them some sort of a free pass and not partially blame the religion, islam is not a good thing--and you will find this sort of stuff whereever you find islam. Christianity teaches us to respect women--islam does not. You won't find a "rule of thumb" in Christianity that allows a man to beat his wife with a stick smaller than his thumb.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:02 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
as a woman I find that remark highly offensive
how dare you suggest it would be okay for any woman to be raped!
What a horrible and very small person to think like that!!
you need to be tossed out on your ear!
where are the mods on this one?????
Sometimes a forum has to police itself. The guy is a scumbag, let him know, let others know, chase him out of citydata forum.
Mods are too busy banning people for mentioning "marijuana" and other important duties in other areas in this site.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:25 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Has anyone seen any reports on how Ms. Logan's recovery is going? I know they released her from the hospital Tuesday, I haven't seen anything since.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:31 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Has anyone seen any reports on how Ms. Logan's recovery is going? I know they released her from the hospital Tuesday, I haven't seen anything since.
I would hope that the MSM would give her privacy and time to herself in which to recover and that seems to be what they are doing. The PTSD she may undergo going forward if finding herself amid crowds of men could haunt her for years. Very sad. I genuinely feel for her.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:30 PM

1 posts, read 955 times
You can't just say someone was sexually assalted! It's as simple as that! Being groped and being raped are two completely different things!! If you're going to run the story to get headlines, you had better explain exactly what happened! I don't mean details, but I do mean, raped, beaten, fondled, groped, anything that tells what really happened "sexual assault" is bull****! It could mean anything!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-22-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoknows! View Post
You can't just say someone was sexually assalted! It's as simple as that! Being groped and being raped are two completely different things!! If you're going to run the story to get headlines, you had better explain exactly what happened! I don't mean details, but I do mean, raped, beaten, fondled, groped, anything that tells what really happened "sexual assault" is bull****! It could mean anything!!!!!!!!!
It's none of your business! If you were raped would you want all the graphic details of exactly what was done to you splashed all over the news for your loved ones, family, friends, and colleagues to read about?

Old 03-22-2011, 07:32 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoknows! View Post

Ms. Logan can "just" say whatever the hell she wants about her personal ordeal. Who do you think you are to demand details?

But, given that some of those details have come out, I can tell you that at a minimum, Ms. Logan was stripped of her clothes, punched, slapped, beaten with poles and pinched "aggressively" on "sensitive" parts of her body, for over 30 minutes. What more may have happened that has not been disclosed, is, again, none of your business unless she chooses to make it so.

Happy now, Ms. Busybody?

Old 04-28-2011, 03:04 PM

Lara Logan did an interview with The New York Times today, and will be on 60 Minutes on Sunday. This is tough to read. I wish her everything of the best, she is one hell of a woman. (I am somewhat hesitant to post this as people have showed so little respect towards her situation, I only hope the responses are dignified).

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/29/bu...n.html?_r=1&hp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies