Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 11:35 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
No, because truth is an absolute defense.
Truth is truly a very fluid concept in P&OC and never more so than when the argument turns to Obama's leadership, or the lack of it as some might opine. A reasonable individual does not imagine that an absolutely stupid moron could take the reins of this great country and gallop it off the edge of a cliff unaided. It is even less reasonable to suppose that a posse of such imbeciles could en masse be allowed to force this country's mass suicide on the pyre of insolvency without anyone's notice except a few noble vanguards of The Constitution. Get a grip. I don't agree with Obama's every policy decision. It is clear to me, however, that he is neither stupid, nor is he an imbecile. Those whose only contribution to P&OC is biased sources that question Obama's every human quality do themselves a disservice. Surely if being stupid is a crime, in your opinion, you would avoid the appearance of being stupid yourself(ves)? I would.

Hilgi is correct, savor the moment hilgi, I don't imagine saying that again for a long while: threads like this are stupid. The world isn't absolutes. But since I am on the subject of stupid, here are some examples:

1. It is stupid to imagine that this mess is all Obama's and a small band of merry Democrat imbeciles fault.

2. It is stupid to imagine that the fix is austerity alone. What else have you got?

3. It is stupid to imagine that the issue is Right v. Left or Conservative v. Liberal or Democrat v. Republican; it is rich v. everyone else and, heads up, the rich are winning this fight!

The truly wealthy are 1% of this country's population but they have more wealth than the rest of us combined. You should say that a few times in your mind and a few more times out loud because it really should take time for the true enormity of this to take hold. After it does you should be awed, frightened and even a little angry. Obama likely is a 'puppet' as was said. Bush definitely was. This means that it is up to us to forge Hope and Change. Stop looking to Washington!!

I have read that there is really no way to contain circus elephants except to teach them from an early age, when there actually is a way to contain them, that resistance is futile. The lesson takes hold and decades later an 11 ton beast of an elephant can be led around by the nose in relative safety. There is a lesson in there for humanity. The general run of Proletariat humanity. I like to think I have more candlepower than an elephant. Do you? How about some threads directed at the real issues and problems instead of the usual unfounded potshots at the "enemies" that we have been given by our parents who were given them by theirs and so on.

It doesn't have to be an awful, bloody, revolution. A numerical advantage as vast as what 'we' have has to count for something. Only if we stop fighting with each other and take the fight to the real enemy. If you have forgotten that would be the elite that sit above the fray, untaxed and unburdened while the rest of us ponder the elimination of welfare states and the return of paved streets to cinder tracks and the closure of library systems... essentially plan to shut down civilization the way engineers scram a failing reactor. If that is really acceptable to you as a response to America's problems you have no moral justification in calling Obama stupid.

H
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 11:42 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
So hateful and disrespectful.

What goes around, comes around.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:28 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Truth is truly a very fluid concept in P&OC and never more so than when the argument turns to Obama's leadership, or the lack of it as some might opine. A reasonable individual does not imagine that an absolutely stupid moron could take the reins of this great country and gallop it off the edge of a cliff unaided. It is even less reasonable to suppose that a posse of such imbeciles could en masse be allowed to force this country's mass suicide on the pyre of insolvency without anyone's notice except a few noble vanguards of The Constitution. Get a grip. I don't agree with Obama's every policy decision. It is clear to me, however, that he is neither stupid, nor is he an imbecile. Those whose only contribution to P&OC is biased sources that question Obama's every human quality do themselves a disservice. Surely if being stupid is a crime, in your opinion, you would avoid the appearance of being stupid yourself(ves)? I would.

Hilgi is correct, savor the moment hilgi, I don't imagine saying that again for a long while: threads like this are stupid. The world isn't absolutes. But since I am on the subject of stupid, here are some examples:

1. It is stupid to imagine that this mess is all Obama's and a small band of merry Democrat imbeciles fault.

2. It is stupid to imagine that the fix is austerity alone. What else have you got?

3. It is stupid to imagine that the issue is Right v. Left or Conservative v. Liberal or Democrat v. Republican; it is rich v. everyone else and, heads up, the rich are winning this fight!

The truly wealthy are 1% of this country's population but they have more wealth than the rest of us combined. You should say that a few times in your mind and a few more times out loud because it really should take time for the true enormity of this to take hold. After it does you should be awed, frightened and even a little angry. Obama likely is a 'puppet' as was said. Bush definitely was. This means that it is up to us to forge Hope and Change. Stop looking to Washington!!

I have read that there is really no way to contain circus elephants except to teach them from an early age, when there actually is a way to contain them, that resistance is futile. The lesson takes hold and decades later an 11 ton beast of an elephant can be led around by the nose in relative safety. There is a lesson in there for humanity. The general run of Proletariat humanity. I like to think I have more candlepower than an elephant. Do you? How about some threads directed at the real issues and problems instead of the usual unfounded potshots at the "enemies" that we have been given by our parents who were given them by theirs and so on.

It doesn't have to be an awful, bloody, revolution. A numerical advantage as vast as what 'we' have has to count for something. Only if we stop fighting with each other and take the fight to the real enemy. If you have forgotten that would be the elite that sit above the fray, untaxed and unburdened while the rest of us ponder the elimination of welfare states and the return of paved streets to cinder tracks and the closure of library systems... essentially plan to shut down civilization the way engineers scram a failing reactor. If that is really acceptable to you as a response to America's problems you have no moral justification in calling Obama stupid.

H
It is sad, but your words convince me you will never amount to much. The reason, you ask?

You have defeated yourself.

Worry not what someone else has amassed, but, rather, amass your own. Wealth is in virtually infinite supply.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:27 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
It is sad, but your words convince me you will never amount to much. The reason, you ask?

You have defeated yourself.

Worry not what someone else has amassed, but, rather, amass your own. Wealth is in virtually infinite supply.
Nice try, but, FAIL. This isn't about me getting mine and you getting yours. This is about the future of our country and even our planet. Planetary wealth is not infinite. Air, water, minerals, precious stones... its all very finite. Nothing gets added to this planet except meteor dust. Nothing gets taken away. We live with our wastes even, and if they are made toxic by industrialist projects we live with that as well. We cannot each be billionaires so lets stop being silly. The first person to amass a billion dollars had a lot of say as to who else would be let into the club. Spare me the condescension and you are excused from consideration for the reform movement.

H

Old 03-18-2011, 05:32 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Nice try, but, FAIL. This isn't about me getting mine and you getting yours. This is about the future of our country and even our planet. Planetary wealth is not infinite. Air, water, minerals, precious stones... its all very finite. Nothing gets added to this planet except meteor dust. Nothing gets taken away. We live with our wastes even, and if they are made toxic by industrialist projects we live with that as well. We cannot each be billionaires so lets stop being silly. The first person to amass a billion dollars had a lot of say as to who else would be let into the club. Spare me the condescension and you are excused from consideration for the reform movement.

H
Simple answer, a balanced budget amendment to stop spending and force payment of national debt.
Secondly, everyone should pay some payroll tax.

Both those would limit access to the treasury.

Old 03-18-2011, 09:34 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Stupid is as Stupid does after the stupid voters stupidly elected this stupid POS into the highest office in the Universe.
Who can argue with such a brilliant statement?

Old 03-19-2011, 12:17 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
I didn't read your post, just the headline. But I wanted to comment that I noticed you had to put in the parenthesis Obama's name because had you not done that, we all know most people would have figured you were talking about Bush. LOL!

Old 03-19-2011, 07:01 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
From the beginning of the Obama administration, there were all manner of evidence that a group of hapless, moronic ideologues had been handed the reins of power.
Are you sure that wasn't a typo, and that sixth word should have been spelled B-U-S-H?

Old 03-19-2011, 07:13 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
President Stupid

Small bits from the article.

From the beginning of the Obama administration, there were all manner of evidence that a group of hapless, moronic ideologues had been handed the reins of power.

Surrounded by imbeciles and ideologues, President Stupid’s national security director declared that the MUSLIM Brotherhood was a “secular” organization. His science advisor thinks all the ice at the North Pole is melting. His EPA Director thinks that carbon dioxide, a gas vital to all life on earth, is a “pollutant” and is asserting the authority to regulate it.

Obamacare is the pinnacle of President Stupid’s “achievements” thus far. It has been declared unconstitutional by two lower courts and is likely to be declared null and void by the Supreme Court before he leaves office. The House Budget Committee just released a report that estimates the loss of 800,000 jobs if it becomes law.

For an informative full review of his stupidity click the link above.
My 3 year old grandaughter said that stupid is a bad word and nobody can say that word. After a few minutes with her head down she whispered it in my ear so I would know which word she was talking about.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:20 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Stupid is bad, and it's been real bad for our county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies