Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 06:06 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Ummmmm....H-E-L-L-O ????
But please...don't allow the facts to stop you're hate-fest.
Why Howdy back at atcha!

And I never left fact stop an uninformed counter-rant:
Yet under a federal agriculture program approved by Congress, his 18-acre suburban lot receives about $1,300 in annual "direct payments," because years ago the land was used to grow rice.

Matthews is not alone. Nationwide, the federal government has paid at least $1.3 billion in subsidies for rice and other crops since 2000 to individuals who do no farming at all, according to an analysis of government records by The Washington Post.
Farm Program Pays $1.3 Billion to People Who Don't Farm - washingtonpost.com
Farm subsidies are intended to alleviate farmer poverty, but the majority of subsidies go to commercial farms with average incomes of $200,000 and net worths of nearly $2 million.

Farm subsidies are intended to raise farmer incomes by remedying low crop prices. Instead, they promote overproduction and therefore lower prices further.

Farm subsidies are intended to help struggling family farmers. Instead, they harm them by excluding them from most subsidies, financing the consolidation of family farms, and raising land values to levels that prevent young people from entering farming.

Farm subsidies are intended to be consumer-friendly and taxpayer-friendly. Instead, they cost Americans billions each year in higher taxes and higher food costs.
How Farm Subsidies Harm Taxpayers, Consumers, and Farmers, Too | The Heritage Foundation

That last one is from the uber liberal Heritage Foundation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 01:09 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Farm subsidies are intended to be consumer-friendly and taxpayer-friendly. Instead, they cost Americans billions each year in higher taxes and higher food costs.
How Farm Subsidies Harm Taxpayers, Consumers, and Farmers, Too | The Heritage Foundation

That last one is from the uber liberal Heritage Foundation.
My red bold for emphasis
Agreed, plus the ones in government get a say as to which business gets what.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:11 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
I like her for the entertainment factor. She's not as hilarious as Sarah Palin, but she's still kooky enough to be interesting.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:31 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Rep. Michele Bachmann Raps First Lady Over Breastfeeding Crusade

Funny we don't hear her whining over farm subsidies.

Gee, I wonder why?

I guess the 'Nanny State' is fine when the check comes to you.

Once again, a right winger who talks the talk and sits on her ass without even thinking about walking the walk.

One farm can decline subsidies provided to competing farms and stay in business?

I see we have another liberal who flunked ECON 101.

Maybe MO should keep her nose out of our personal affairs.

Or does that only apply when it's abortion and gay marriage?

Old 02-17-2011, 06:19 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
One farm can decline subsidies provided to competing farms and stay in business?

I see we have another liberal who flunked ECON 101.

Maybe MO should keep her nose out of our personal affairs.

Bachmann, another "smaller government" conservative REPUBLICAN who accepts Welfare checks for doing nothing while trying to cut funding for VETERANS.

Guess she flunked Smaller Government 101.

Bachmann should keep her nose out of a non-elected , non-politican advocating for breast -feeding(OH WHAT A HUGE ISSUE!:rol leyes
and try to put her money where her mouth is and do something about government handouts to rich farmers like herself.....

Guess she flunked Smaller Government 101.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:54 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times
Bachmann is a screeching banshee for the fascist Right.

They're glad to have her around to say the things they are too smart to say in public.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:36 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,812,053 times
The thing I don't get the most is that there are a lot of intelligent Republican women out there that have held office and had long careers. But all we ever hear from are the crazies.

I don't think any party has all the answers so I am that American that actually enjoys real political debate. I actually want to hear all views. But the yahoos keep getting the microphones and cameras. And no matter what insanely illogical thing they say (promoting breastfeeding and fighting childhood obesity is an attempt to control your life? REALLY?) there will always be coverage. Ugh.

Last edited by Tinawina; 02-17-2011 at 08:54 AM..

Old 02-17-2011, 08:45 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post

The thing I don't get the most is that there are a lot of intelligent Republican women out there that have held office and had long careers. But all we ever hear from are the crazies.
There are a lot of intelligent Republican women who currently hold office and are enjoying a long career. It would be nice if any one of them would speak out after they hear something this ridiculously stupid and proclaim it as ridiculously stupid. If these nutjobs like Bachmann and Palin got shot down by the women in their own party often enough, perhaps eventually their supporters would see them for the morons they are and start looking for actual smart women to represent them instead of idiotic big-mouth attention hos.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:57 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
There are a lot of intelligent Republican women who currently hold office and are enjoying a long career. It would be nice if any one of them would speak out after they hear something this ridiculously stupid and proclaim it as ridiculously stupid. If these nutjobs like Bachmann and Palin got shot down by the women in their own party often enough, perhaps eventually their supporters would see them for the morons they are and start looking for actual smart women to represent them instead of idiotic big-mouth attention hos.

It will never happen. To speak out against either Moose or Squirrel would get them in hot water with the rapid believers and next thing you know they would be labeled as RINOs and become targets of the farsiders attempting to take over the GOP.
Casper

Old 02-17-2011, 09:00 AM

898 posts, read 827,922 times
The hatefest from the left continues unabated. Sick, sick, sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies