Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 05:03 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,517,191 times

Advertisements

This forum, along with countless others, has no shortage of posters who drink the Dem/Lib kool-aid and the Repub/Con kool-aid. Both sides are constantly at each others throats. No matter what evidence or proof is shoved in front of their faces, they deny facts and drink MORE kool-aid.

Why do they care when the Dems/Libs or Repubs/Cons win? I say when will the PEOPLE win. I don't have any allegiance to either Party (group). Why? Neither of them work for ANY of US. Is there really a difference between DINOs and RINOs? Not really!!!

So, I'll pass on the kool-aid, gather facts, use my own common sense and learn the truth about what is going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 05:09 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
I agree in theory, and do my best to disprove the extremist arguments on both sides every time I'm on here (it's not hard to do), but I think you take the easy way out by saying elected officials don't do anything for people. I'm not really even sure what that means.

There is a notable difference between the two parties. There's no way we would have successfully ended the war in Iraq and expanded health care coverage to come close to the civilized world or liberated gays from government oppression if we didn't vote for change.

On the other hand, either party in control for too long has proven to bust budgets. Having the ability to balance that powertrip is healthy. I just wish we had another party so the minority party would have to do more than just say no over and over until they are chosen again by default after having been ousted for failing to lead the last time around.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:09 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,160,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
This forum, along with countless others, has no shortage of posters who drink the Dem/Lib kool-aid and the Repub/Con kool-aid. Both sides are constantly at each others throats. No matter what evidence or proof is shoved in front of their faces, they deny facts and drink MORE kool-aid.

Why do they care when the Dems/Libs or Repubs/Cons win? I say when will the PEOPLE win. I don't have any allegiance to either Party (group). Why? Neither of them work for ANY of US. Is there really a difference between DINOs and RINOs? Not really!!!

So, I'll pass on the kool-aid, gather facts, use my own common sense and learn the truth about what is going on.
And when you gain this great truth you will.............................................. .............................................

do absolutely nothing.

Anyway, enjoy your own kool-aid.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:13 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,699 times
Is there a question here up for debate? Or are you just making your POV known? And am I correct in assuming from your post that you are dismissing about 80% of your fellow countrymen as "koolaide" drinkers because they too have a point of view?

Old 02-16-2011, 05:40 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,508,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
There is a notable difference between the two parties. There's no way we would have successfully ended the war in Iraq and expanded health care coverage to come close to the civilized world or liberated gays from government oppression if we didn't vote for change.
The Obama Administration is following the same plan laid out by the Bush Adminstration to end the war in Iraq.

Health care has not been extended to anyone. And it was never denied or provided to anyone by the government. Therefore the government cannot expand it to people.

Denying gays the right to serve in the military ( Iassume that's what you are referring to) is not oppression. Not even close.

Keep drinking the Kool Aid.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:42 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post

Wow you sound very wise ...being a centrist for centrism's sake.

Where is good place Dems and the GOP should compromise on an issue?

Be specific?

Old 02-16-2011, 05:44 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Wow you sound very wise ...being a centrist for centrism's sake.
Where is good place Dems and the GOP should compromise on an issue?

Be specific?
I find it amusing when the centrist take the "high and mighty" attitude.

They feel so secure in the middle.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:47 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
I find it amusing when the centrist take the "high and mighty" attitude.

They feel so secure in the middle.
Yep..it comes from not knowing what's going on.

They think the main problem is that people are not "getting along".

It's incomprehensible to them that one party could be 100% wrong and the other side be 100% right.

Every side's argument is of equal value!

Frankly, there is not one major issue that rates as a priority with Americans that the Democrats don't stand on their side.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:49 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
I agree with you. Before I came to this forum, I did not realize how attached people are to their particular affiliations. It is laughable "you liberals," "you right-wingers" (I have done it myself, gasp!), but honestly, when it comes time to vote, I weigh people and issues - I registered with one party, mostly to defeat the other party when necessary . . . but it is sad how people in general are so simplistic in their beliefs.

I don't think it is even possible to believe everything a certain party espouses . . . and the parties "should" be dynamic, evolving and changing to suit the times. It is very, very disconcerting to me to learn how backwards people seem to be in their thinking.

In the early 70's it seemed like the general population was more informed or more aware . . . but maybe not because I don't think people could have possibly gone so far backwards in their thinking.

Thank God the war in Viet Nam was ended. Given today's politics, it is a miracle that that happened! I don't think it could happen today.

People don't protest anything. There is no passion just rhetoric.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:50 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,508,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Frankly, there is not one major issue that rates as a priority with Americans that the Democrats don't stand on their side.
LMFAO. What mother****ing Kool Aid are you drinking?

Is that why Democrats did so well in the last election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies