Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 10:54 PM

467 posts, read 325,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgefundpirate View Post
has anyone ever noticed reverse discrimination against whites in Miami? I visited recently and noticed how rude the people were.I had read this complaint on the board and it is true the people have the most crappy attitudes.I also noticed that blacks and hispanics in miami seem very hostile toward white people.Has anyone else ever noticed this? Also has anyone noticed your gays are more flamboyant than in other parts of the country?
WOW, I guess it is hard being white, huh? Honestly, I've never found it so. I tend to base a person's rudeness on their attitude and upbringing rather than race. Also, I LOVE me some house on fire gay people (like my sister) so I guess I'm biased. I'm so sorry for your troubles.

So, blacks, hispanics, and gays are on your hit list, hmmmm? So sad.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:19 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
has anyone ever noticed reverse discrimination against whites in Miami? I visited recently and noticed how rude the people were.I had read this complaint on the board and it is true the people have the most crappy attitudes.I also noticed that blacks and hispanics in miami seem very hostile toward white people.Has anyone else ever noticed this? Also has anyone noticed your gays are more flamboyant than in other parts of the country?
yes, it happens. I would recount stories here but don't need negative feedback. We can thank Bush for destroying what's left of the U.S. I am all for multiculturalism- but when people hate you because you are a US citizen for five generations- IMO thats the last straw.

sunny

Old 07-28-2007, 06:24 AM

64 posts, read 251,314 times
Default You did in your post before..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclehead View Post
I guess Forest Drive needs to work on his / her reading skills ...LOL

Where on this forum did anyone say that Argentina or Brazil was in Europe ?

Read on!!!!!

Old 07-28-2007, 06:28 AM

64 posts, read 251,314 times
Default European vibe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannaCT View Post
They didnt say those countries are located in Europe. They said they were 'very European', meaning, they have a European vibe or the people seem to be more similar to Europeans than other South Americans, in their opinion.
That makes no sence????

Go back to history class.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:15 PM

239 posts, read 878,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest drive View Post
That makes no sence????

Go back to history class.
What makes no sense? Back to history class for what?

You're the only person here who has had a problem understanding what the person was talking about when he said 'very European'...

Anyway...

Old 07-28-2007, 09:29 PM

562 posts, read 660,297 times
Oh I better just not comment on this!

Last edited by Torrey; 07-28-2007 at 09:54 PM..

Old 06-01-2008, 08:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,140 times
Default OK so heres th thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowardResident View Post
It certainly is.

Well, you're not alone. Here is why... There is so much animosity, resentment and jealousy among the various Hispanics groups in Miami, it's really sad. It's reality, though. I have had my share of dirty looks over the years. Believe it or not, not from Americans, but from other Hispanics.
You just revealed part of the fundamental problem, you said "from Americans", but from other hispanics"...so then your implying any hispanic is not truly an american. The dignity and right of being an "american" is just for whites?

This is something I have have had to grapple with in my whole adulthood,
I am american first and foremost, (at least I like to think I am) but I guess to this blogger, only "Anglos" are the true Americans.

How bitter would you feel if people made you feel like a second class citizen all the time? Personally, I dont take it out on people.

When are people just being rude, like ie. (new yorkers often critisized as being rude or french people in France when interacting americans, and by the way I have seen some "Americans" (by your defination - white people)
act rudly in europe towards the locals. SO?

After living here my whole entire life, going to school, working, paying taxes, etc., etc., now Im not an true American.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:00 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
I have never had any problems when I visit there. Just luck I guess.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:04 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
I know I cannot find a job over there since they REQUIRE spanish-speakers... my job requires contact with people and I don't speak spanish that well, so there is no way to find a job there... might as well give it to Mexico or Cuba and build a wall around it.. otherwise everyone is going to be required to speak spanish..

Old 06-02-2008, 12:08 PM

6 posts, read 3,913 times
Quote:

You are right about the blacks and hispanics sticking together in miami. It reminds me of new york almost. Where the two groups alot of times stay in the same neighborhoods and interact with each other moreso. As oppose to living around whites and interacting more with them. I wonder why california and texas is diffrent than florida and new york. I guess because texas and california the hispanic population is mostly mexican. As oppose to NY, and Fla where the hispanic population is mostly cuban, dominican, and pureto rican.

In new york you can't tell the diffrence between some people who are black, pureto rican, or dominican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies