Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 01:37 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,848,202 times

Advertisements

Celebritology 2.0 - Lindsay Lohan's white dress sells out online

Lindsay Lohan White Dress: Innocent Or Inappropriate?

There were many people that thought the tight, white little number was just too much for court. Maybe she was trying to distract the judge as well. On Twitter Lohan commented that it was insane that her outfit would make front page news.

Not as insane as ths thread. You can take every precaution and still get jacked in the street. Old people get raped. Some people are just sick monsters.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:38 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,720,099 times
Quote:
Rape is an act of violence. PERIOD.
No woman bears any responsibility for rape. Ever.
Oh goody. Another one who comes on, reads the title of this thread, and goes on a rampage.

Read the thread - especially my posts where I state exactly what you accuse me of not believing. Then you can come back to the topic of this thread, which is taking responsibility to minimize the risk of being a victim of violent crime - NOT the responsiblity of women for rape.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:40 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,310,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You just seem to be throwing out talking points. I was the first one to bring up on here that acquaintance rape is far more prevalent, but that's not what this thread is about. It's about minimizing the risk of being a victim of crime from strangers out in public (which, according to your own stat, accounts for over a quarter of all rapes - no small amount).

Again - I don't count my money when I'm walking through a dangerous area. It's my right to do so. It's wrong of anybody to take advantage of me because of it. But, I take precautions so I can function in my city while minimizing my potential as a target.

I don't really get why that's controversial.

(for the record - I don't agree with wellyouknow's stance about human urges and such. Disagreeing with one person does not mean agreeing with another. There's never justification for rape. Ever.)
I linked to RAINN.
Clothing is not a determining factor in sexual assault.
Violence and control and hatred of women is.

Funny how men think women are at fault for being sexually violated - it would be interesting for them to sit in a Rape Crisis group.
They'd probably blame all of the women in the room.

This is just another way to blame the victim and minimize women.
There is no other factor.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Oh goody. Another one who comes on, reads the title of this thread, and goes on a rampage.

Read the thread - especially my posts where I state exactly what you accuse me of not believing. Then you can come back to the topic of this thread, which is taking responsibility to minimize the risk of being a victim of violent crime - NOT the responsiblity of women for rape.
And I posted what the preeminent group on sexual assault says about minimizing risk. Clothing wasn't on the list.

So sorry that you want to blame the victim.
That's exactly what you and other posters are doing.

Try some of the talking points in the links I provided. Otherwise, it's the woman as ***** reasoning as usual.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I linked to RAINN.
Clothing is not a determining factor in sexual assault.
Violence and control and hatred of women is.

Funny how men think women are at fault for being sexually violated - it would be interesting for them to sit in a Rape Crisis group.
They'd probably blame all of the women in the room.

This is just another way to blame the victim and minimize women.
There is no other factor.
My God! After I explicitly state that women are not responsible for rape, you accuse me of believing it! This is a serious charge and you are being seriously irresponsible with your accusations.

Shame on you!

Old 02-19-2011, 01:46 AM

Default Some of the sickest posts I've read on CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
Really? Naked? Why? Have you not heard of hormones? Both men and women are animals. Ape manifestations.

What do you think a man is? Or a woman for that matter?

A blessed fairy?
So you’re saying that rape is natural? Really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
People are not monks or nuns with chastity belts mostly. They react to their (some would say God given) urges. It's normal. It's OK.

Don't 'provoke' if you DO NOT want to be 'provked'
Again, blaming the victim.

If a person can’t control himself and his urges, they shouldn’t be allowed in public.
This may be one of the sickest comments I have read on CD.
It’s okay to rape because you have urges. Really. Go to a prostitute.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:50 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,848,202 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q2XF...BF4D4EA2E0CE15

Old 02-19-2011, 01:50 AM

From your own link, it sure sounds like not wearing a tiny skirt and high heels with intoxication would be an important part of fulfilling their good suggestions (I thought you'd link to some statistics). Can't very well walk with purpose when you're stumbling in high heels. I don't understand why it's okay to take some precautions but not others:

Be aware of your surroundings. Knowing where you are and who is around you may help you to find a way to get out of a bad situation.
Try to avoid isolated areas. It is more difficult to get help if no one is around.
Walk with purpose. Even if you don’t know where you are going, act like you do.
Try not to load yourself down with packages or bags as this can make you appear more vulnerable.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:51 AM

Default Talking out of both sides of your mouth.. Not, but...

Quote:
My God! After I explicitly state that women are not responsible for rape, you accuse me of believing it! This is a serious charge and you are being seriously irresponsible with your accusations.

Shame on you!
You said that women aren't responsible for being raped, but you also say that they bring it on themselves with their clothing.
You say one thing then you say another.

Women are never responsible for being raped. Never, under any circumstances.
It doesn't matter what they wear.

Nice attempt to backtrack.
There is no caveat to them not being responsible.
No not even by saying that they should wear different clothing. That's a blame issue.

Where did RAINN talk about what you call "skimpy" clothing?
It doesn't; it's a non-issue.
Violence is violence, with no caveats.

Shame on you, sir.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:56 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,557,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
You can use that argument for just about anything. How is it different from:
  • People can do everything in their power to get a job, yet some people will still be unemployed. Let's stop wasting time writing resumes then.
  • Kids can do everything in their power to avoid being bullied, yet some still do. Let's stop teaching them social skills.
  • People can still do everything in their power to avoid getting hit by cars, yet some people will still get hit by drunk drivers. Let's stop using the sidewalk and start walking randomly.
What part of "decreasing" risk do you not understand? I never said that all risk will be elminated.
Malkiel I just had to get up and leave my desk and go say a prayer for patience and restraint for what I might say to you.

My younger sister was walking down our downtown sidewalk, she was only 5 feet tall 90 lbs soaking wet, wearing a pair of sunglasses, t-shirt, jeans, socks and sneakers when a man jumped out of the passenger side of his truck. He then punched her in the face stunning her, picked her up and threw her into his truck. He drove off grabbing her by her hair holding her head on his lap. He took her to a wooded area, exposed a knife and ordered her to take off her sneakers and socks, jeans and panties. Can you imagine the utter horror my sister was going thru, can you!!! He repeatedly raped her vaginally and anally. He then grabbed her by her hair again and brought her to another wooded location and again repeatedly raped her vaginally and anally. This went on for 8 hours!!!!! I was frantic!!! I was watching her daughter while she went out shopping for herself and her daughter for a couple of deserved hours. I called the police but there was nothing they could do for 24 hours. My whole family was out looking for her!!!! He ended up bringing her to a place where they rent out garage spaces for cars next to a playground along a canal. He made her leave the truck, by this time it was dark out. He pushed her up against the building and started chocking her, and while he was choking her he was telling her he was going to dump her body in the canal!!!!! How horrifying for my little sister. All of a sudden a car pulled up out of nowhere and he released his grip and my sister ran like hell, not toward the vehicle but into the playground hoping over a chain link fence, running down the street and began banging on peoples doors screaming for help!!! Nobody opened there doors for her, can anyone believe this!!!! A can was coming up the street and with her half naked body she ran into the middle of the street and stopped the car and told them just what happened. They brought her to the police department, they called me, and then she was brought to the hospital by ambulance. I met her there along with my family. She was admitted for trauma and wounds from the rape!!!! Her stay lasted 7 days. She required Psychiatric care immediately and couldn't be left alone. She was terrified he would find her and kill her. The police never did capture him!!!!

She ended up suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Depression and eventually ended her life at a very young age of 25!! This is a true story and it's ripping my heart out telling it. But it must be told because of people like you that think women deserve to be raped. My niece now does not have a mother, she grew up from the of 2 without her and has only a few memories. She was adopted by my brother and his wife but to this day is not over the loss of her mom.

No one deserves to be rapped!!!!! No matter what they wear, it's all about control and violence.

What about the 80 year old woman that gets raped, what's so sexually appealing about her, or that little 5 year old girl that gets raped and murdered. What the f*** is wrong with you. Do you have these tendencies to even have this kind of forum, if you do you need medical help!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies