Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 01:49 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
All you've done is suggest some fairy tale of an eternal universe. How we passed by an eternal amount of time to get to now is the question you need to ask yourself.

It's about as feasible as a magical unicorn in the sky farting rainbows and making the universe go poof.

Which is about as feasible as God doing it.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:50 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
It's about as feasible as a magical unicorn in the sky farting rainbows and making the universe go poof.

Which is about as feasible as God doing it.
wow...that's clever. about what i've come to expect from atheists that believe dopey things like that.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:51 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
All you've done is suggest some fairy tale of an eternal universe.
Nonsense.

I have directly answered every question you've asked. You posed what you fantasized were challenges to the idea of a eternal universe, and every single one was met.

So you turned tail as you usually do and ran away from the actual discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist
How we passed by an eternal amount of time to get to now is the question you need to ask yourself.
And I have answered that question no fewer than a half dozen times in other threads.

It is always now, no matter how long it took to get here.

And in real life, Achilles actually does catch the turtle.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
wow...that's clever. about what i've come to expect from atheists that believe dopey things like that.
Please go through my post history and show me anywhere that I claimed I was athiest.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:53 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,016,571 times
Quote:
Weak sauce.

Argue. Come on, stand your ground.

Anyone versed in science will give you hell. For a good reason.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Nonsense.

I have directly answered every question you've asked. You posed what you fantasized were challenges to the idea of a eternal universe, and every single one was met.
You've come up with some nonsense story about a god-like eternal universe. That's not an answer.
Quote:

So you turned tail as you usually do and ran away from the actual discussion.

Nope. I'm still here waiting for you to give a serious answer instead of some dopey fairy tale. Give me one that actually makes sense. Don't run from me--give me something we can actually talk about.
Quote:
And I have answered that question no fewer than a half dozen times in other threads.

It is always now, no matter how long it took to get here.
You've answer the question with your fairy tale and claimed I'm running from you because you refuse to discuss it logically.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
You've come up with some nonsense story about a god-like eternal universe. That's not an answer.

Nope. I'm still here waiting for you to give a serious answer instead of some dopey fairy tale. Give me one that actually makes sense. Don't run from me--give me something we can actually talk about.

You've answer the question with your fairy tale and claimed I'm running from you because you refuse to discuss it logically.
Theory of eternal time is logical, however.

As time is an immeasurable concept. We honestly don't know even if there is or isn't a beginning or end to time, as we've no concept of how long time has been around.

Therefore, it's logical to assume that time is eternal.

Although the irony of you supporting creationism while saying the eternal time theory is a fairy tale is not lost upon me.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Theory of eternal time is logical, however.

As time is an immeasurable concept. We honestly don't know even if there is or isn't a beginning or end to time, as we've no concept of how long time has been around.

Therefore, it's logical to assume that time is eternal.

Although the irony of you supporting creationism while saying the eternal time theory is a fairy tale is not lost upon me.
How does an eternal amount of time pass?

Old 02-23-2011, 02:01 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
It certainly is an answer. Better yet, it is an answer that you have no challenge for. You have completely given up trying.

And even better yet... it is the only logical conclusion of your own favorite argument: The Cosmological Argument.

Quote:
But you appear to have conceded my argument completely. You certainly have stopped trying to actually argue against it.

Quote:
I have answered every question you have asked.

You have not even tried to challenge the answers.

You can keep running, or you can make an argument.

Pick one.

Old 02-23-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
It certainly is an answer. Better yet, it is an answer that you have no challenge for. You have completely given up trying.

And even better yet... it is the only logical conclusion of your own favorite argument: The Cosmological Argument.

But you appear to have conceded my argument completely. You certainly have stopped trying to actually argue against it.

I have answered every question you have asked.

You have not even tried to challenge the answers.

You can keep running, or you can make an argument.

Pick one.
Just let me know when you want to discuss it logically. Until then I'm done with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies