Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 08:24 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,582,589 times

Advertisements

umm..how is $5 per gallon gas a bad thing?

I'm praying that it will go to $6 per gallon within 5 years.

The higher the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 08:24 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,987,937 times
PV 4 EV then who cares about gas prices

Old 02-23-2011, 08:25 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Drill baby drill, where, and for how long? Let me hear that. Also, about the environmental costs as it will be handed down to future generations.

As for refineries, I think it will be a great idea to open more... right in redneck neighborhoods. They will have a job after all. Now only if we can also find ways to limit the pollutants.
Well, if we can't drill for long then the environmental costs will be low, you can't have it both ways.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:26 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
This is part of the Obama plan to push green energy (which is costly as hell) by raising the cost of energy through the roof.

The guy is a ding dong, had no clue that it also will destroy much of business and jobs in the process.
Are you one of those who was blaming Bush for having doubled and (then) quadrupled the price of gasoline during his tenures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Well, if we can't drill for long then the environmental costs will be low, you can't have it both ways.
How did you arrive at that conclusion? For example, how long did it take the Niger delta to be destroyed? But more importantly, answer the original question, for how long?

Old 02-23-2011, 08:28 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post

The higher the better.
What about these high energy costs destroying low income families? Or does your ideology trump your concern for your fellow man?

Old 02-23-2011, 08:29 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,285,615 times
We are near $5 now in some places in California.
One station a couple of blocks near me is at $5.

My water company just sent me a letter saying they want to increase prices 35%.
My wife's insurance since Obama came to office with Obama-care went from $365 a month to $700.
Our old Governor Gray Davis gave away the farm on electricity and already has us paying 400% over national averages for energy.
Gas is going up.
Obama wants to double (over 50% tax) the death tax on the already taxed estate you might want to pass on to your children, wife, husband or others.

All part of the Obama plan my friend.
The ONE, how is that hope and change thingy working for us? For me and anyone making a Penney I think it sucks.

Only the far left, welfare types and UNION government employees love him for all the transfers of wealth to them.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:29 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Default drill baby drill

Obama told us energy prices would be need to be painfully high and still he was voted in.

The pieces fall into place with the middle east on fire, the ban on gulf drilling despite other countries drilling there. the push to ethanol, subject to the vagaries of the weather and competing with food prices and the cost of the delivery of food, can only be a plan rather than happenstance.
The consequences of such folly were clear. the question is why?

5$ gasoline fits right into the plan Obama's handlers have him preach.

2012 can't get here quick enough.

Drill, drill, drill

Old 02-23-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post

The higher the better.
I'm praying your mother throws you out of the house, that your government subsidies dry up and that you have to deal with realities of life.

It is really beyond you not wanting Obama reelected with high gas prices IMO.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:34 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Prices at the pump could near $5 a gallon by summer - KXXV-TV News Channel 25 - Central Texas News and Weather for Waco, Temple, Killeen |

With gas expected to reach $5 a gallon by summer, is NOW the time to start drilling here, and the hell with what the environmentalist say or think?

In the words of Sarah Palin, DRILL BABY DRILL!!!
Do you even understand how oil prices work?

Oil is a commodity, which prices are set on markets, not domestically.

US production is significant (about 10% of the world) but not nearly enough to drive price down on its own with increased produciton. List of countries by oil production - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You could make a temporary dent in prices, but that's a pretty shortsighted plan.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
Do you even understand how oil prices work?

Oil is a commodity, which prices are set on markets, not domestically.

US production is significant (about 10% of the world) but not nearly enough to drive price down on its own with increased produciton. List of countries by oil production - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You could make a temporary dent in prices, but that's a pretty shortsighted plan.
If we are not dependent on outside oil or their political games, domestic oil would most certainly keep the prices down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies