Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker
yes 145 56.86%
no 107 41.96%
other 2 0.78%
not sure 1 0.39%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 01:47 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloThere2000 View Post
Walker does not realize that 61% of the country disagrees with him and Wisconsin is firmly divided on the issue. He originally lied to the public saying the issue was the budget but then told the Koch prank caller is was about breaking up the unions.

Apparently the nutcase thinks he is somekind of Reagen but without a brain and no idea what he is doing.

The guy actually got pranked called... by a guy prentending to be a Koch brother... There is no way he will be in office much longer. If he had respect for the office and this country he would step down but I don't expect much from him.

The guy actually created the budget shortfall by giving tax breaks to corporations. He caused it....
From that same poll 71 percent don't want their taxes
increased.

I also listened to the prank call - and frankly
Walker acted pretty well. He seems only to react politely
to the fake Koch (probably rolling his eyes as the fake
Koch on the other end speaks and swears). You can hear the hesitation in his voice.

We all know how Nixon acted on the HMO tapes. Wonder
what Obama says on the phone. Really a lot to do about
nothing - this tape will not be a deal changer by a long
shot.

Buffalo Beast Impersonates David Koch, Dupes Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker in Prank Call

How the Unions Killed a Dream - TIME
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 01:52 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I did not know this and would have never guessed,that is what I like about the forum is learning. I do not know if this has been posted :

FDR's warning: Public employee unions a no-no
Thanks for the info,who would have thunk today's liberals would be to the left of FDR ? I reckon along with Walker they now will have to compare FDR to Hitler mmmm hmmmm.
Uhhhh...really? You didn't know that yet followed up with selective quotes for your argument? And you learned this all in 8 minutes?

Old 02-24-2011, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
People who agree with what our country was founded on support Scott Walker.

People who embrace our work ethic, integrity, fiscal responsibility, and honesty support Scott Walker.

How can our country, and individual states continue to operate on a huge deficit.

Is it me or is this whole argument sounding more and more like its 1860?

Old 02-24-2011, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
I would not work before joining a union, especially not an environment where I did not have the option to join or not......people should be able to negoitiate for themselves....forming a union is fine, but as one helping pay some ones salary in the public sector, I need a better way to decrease benefits when the economy is down...rather than going through collective bargaining
qué?

Old 02-24-2011, 04:19 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
Yes I do support the Governor but do qualify it by stating that I have only read/heard of selective issues in the budget so there may be additional material which requires evaluation.

But we are quite rightly in a crisis for both private and public sectors.
I strongly believe the concept of an annual budget is not to exceed expenses from intake unless secured by credit or capital. (As we would do in our own private lives or in private business.) The cuts come in terms of pay, benefits, services meaning depts or programs, and of course employees. There are union practices which are outrageous which need to be addressed. In the private sector there are also abuses but that is not the issue here although I believe it should also be addressed by legislation.

Public sector employees do not have the stress of monthly profit/loss requirements otherwise they will be out of business. Public sector employees have secured pensions which private sector do not. Public sector employees do have fairly riskfree employment as their employer, the government, is not bought out or closed or etc... I make the last statement presuming there is no budget abuse in the first instance which, (would lead to layoffs), is actually contrary in the history of public service. It is an axiom of public service that the leadership do not have the typical emblems of success, i.e. profit/revenue and so ones importance or success is determined by their budget and size of their department which leads to ever increasing public expenditures.

We have truly reached a crisis similar to the Great Depression or World War II and only immediate, numerous and far reaching actions will address the issue. People need to realize we all have to sacrifice otherwise life will only become grimmer for the middle class and more desperate for the poor.

I recall the massive display of patriotism following 9/11/2001 with everyone flying flags from their cars and then later the yellow wrist bands in support of the troops overseas. Where is the patriotism now that the country is in desperate straits? We really do deserve the declension of the United States if we do not take action now.

Last edited by Felix C; 02-24-2011 at 04:47 AM..

Old 02-24-2011, 04:24 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,374,204 times
Yes ! Go go go walker :d

Old 02-24-2011, 04:31 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
Uhhhh...really? You didn't know that yet followed up with selective quotes for your argument? And you learned this all in 8 minutes?
It took me 10 seconds to type in FDR on public unions in the search bar and my puter had the info in 2 seconds. Is n't the internet wonderful deeee d deee

Old 02-24-2011, 04:49 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
I support him 100%.

Public employees unions have had it their way for far too long.

Public employees are in fact the tax payers employees.

The unions are the problem.

When they can't or don't get their way, they pay off a democrat to legislate benefits.

Pass new laws that make it so that public union members cannot have union dues automatically deducted from their paychecks.

Public employee unions spend hundreds of millions of dollars each election cycle. How does that help educate children?

It's about power.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:28 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
I fully support him and hope he continues to stay strong against the destructive unions!!

Old 02-24-2011, 05:45 AM

858 posts, read 707,878 times
People keep saying this is about the budget and that tha taxpayers want this. well once the unions conceded the the financial requests, it's not longer about the budget. Also, saying the taxpayers want this is never going to be true in my mind. I bet if you poll them every year for the next 10 years of whether public employees should take a pay freeze each year or they get a raise which results in higher taxes, a majority are always going to say take a pay freeze. take it out of someone else's pocket, not mine. But fact is, people need to be paid accordingly and need to make a living. These people have mortgages, families, colleges to pay for etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies