Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 06:16 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Well I don't know about liberally controlled schools and universities but that does explain california.

What a video. I'm thinking "one toke over the line......."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 06:23 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Its not just Americans. We all have stressors in our daily lives. And we try to control our frustration levels up to a certain point. But sometimes people get so over stressed that they just pop. People tend to pop in different fashions depending when the final stressor happens. Its like most people have pet peeves. Sometimes you hit every single one of them all in the same day and the last one just sends you over. Most times people can hold it in until they find a private location. But if you are unlucky enough to be in a public location when thst final one hits then everyone watch out.

To give you an example: I was in line at the SuperMarket one evening a few years back. I got up to the cashier and she stated: "Hi, did you find everything you were looking for?". That was my final stressor. I told her "No" and rambled off the list of items they were out of stock of in a loud voice and bitched that I have to make another stop at another market to pickup my missing items. She just looked at me, whisperred "sorry" and her eyes where tearing up. I got it out of system, told her to finish ringing up and let me out of there. To me, why ask the question if you really don't want an answer (and yes I know its their boss/corporate that requires them to say it).

After that I keep on telling myself, and others, worry only about things you can control and not the things you cant.

I cant count the amount of times I see white knuckle drivers screaming at the windshield while driving.

We've gotten to the point that many of us are on legal drugs to calm down (or just stop thinking so you can fall asleep). You know Xanax is selling real well when the cost to fill a 120 tab script is $4 (I'm in a job that is all mental and requires quick answers. At my level there is no I have to research it and I'll get back to you)

Old 02-25-2011, 06:24 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
People have always been crazy, we just have more opportunity to see it now due to cell phone cameras and the internet.

The dream of instant access to all information, be carefull what you wish for.
This ^^

Old 02-25-2011, 06:44 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Limburger et al are just exploiting the most addictive drug of all: self generated adrenaline.

I was once seriously hooked on this stuff but, as I was in ‘Nam at the time, it saved my life more than a few times. One result is I can self medicate for fatigue without becoming fearful or brainless.

By keeping people fearful of most everything and anything while blaming the fear on groups on your hit list you can keep people from thinking or stopping their watching. The basis of propaganda is to keep people fearful and provide the great “Other” for them to blame.

I can understand how some people just lose it. They combine fatigue with adrenaline and cannot control their behavior. This does not excuse any damage they might do. The individual is still responsible for whatever happens when they go nuts.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:42 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
Yup, Adrenaline is one type of "self-medication", and the neurotransmitter Serotonin (triggered by adrenaline) is another.

Adrenaline Junkies and Serotonin Seekers: Balance Your Brain Chemistry to Maximize Energy, Stamina, Mental Sharpness, and Emotional Well-Being

Political views 'hard-wired' into your brain: study suggests that people with right wing views have a larger area of the brain associated with fear.

Addicted to Rage?
"Serotonin, a neurotransmitter implicated in cases of depression, addiction and eating disorders, also seems to play a role in violence. Thanks to brain imaging advances, scientists are now finding evidence that compulsive non-drug behavior such as gambling, eating disorders, sex, and "intermittent explosive disorder" - all related to impulse control- may create long-term changes in the brain's reward circuitry."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies