Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2011, 04:06 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful Jellal View Post
he used too much drugs.Severe brain damages.Shameful
I think you might be on to something. His looks and actions are suspect.

I haven't seen him in a long time until this morning on the "Today Show" and his faced literally looked caved in.

He looks emaciated and like a feeble, hunched over old man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 04:11 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waderight View Post
Who cares?
I do...ABC preempted "Detroit 187" for an hour of Sheen.
Oh well, freed up an hour on the DVR.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:15 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waderight View Post
Who cares?
I do, he is finally entertaining in sort of a revolting way. No writer could make this kind of stuff up!!!!!

Old 03-02-2011, 04:44 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,768,111 times
Default helping the mentally ill is a big political can of worms.......can you see that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I don't get how celebrity, addiction, or television have anything to do with politics. I especially don't understand why celebrities are believed to have moral leadership or high academic expertise on any given subject. What's up with that? If people want to see examples of moral leadership, shouldn't it be given it's own platform without powder paint and glitter?
The atraction is the insanity of the durgger.........the confidence they seem to have..........it lures the native

Old 03-02-2011, 06:21 PM

716 posts, read 1,119,878 times
I think a lot of people go through Charlie Sheen-like episodes. For most people, it seems fun at first, and then they lose their jobs, or their relationships, or they run out of money. For your average person, there are checks and balances keeping you from living like that, like having to pay bills or show up to work in some sort of sober state.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:24 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,643,129 times
He's a... Winner!

Old 03-02-2011, 07:19 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
I think you might be on to something. His looks and actions are suspect.

I haven't seen him in a long time until this morning on the "Today Show" and his faced literally looked caved in.

He looks emaciated and like a feeble, hunched over old man.
those speedy kind of drugs will do that to a person.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post
Not sure why anyone is particularly surprised at Sheen's behavior. In this country we treat entertainers like royalty and excuse them from the commonly-held behaviors that the rest of society is expected to live by. When you pay someone 2 million dollars an episode of a television show you are telling him that he is the "absolute best" there is and that kind of adulation can't help but make Charlie feel omnipotent and free to do whatever he dam* well pleases. Look at how many times Robert Downey Jr. was out of control and went to rehab; look at how many passes has Lindsay Lohan gotten; Mickey Rourke and Amy Winehouse and so many others... As long as "we" hold entertainers to a different standard than the rest of us have to adhere to, this will be the oh-so-predictable outcome for more than a few of them.
It's not merely "entertainers".......it's the very rich entertainers...

Old 03-02-2011, 07:26 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Rock Hudson and James Dean, where are you when we need you?
These men and Chuckie Sheen should not even be uttered in the same breath. Or same sentence.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
When you consider we have gone from Jimmy Stewart and John Wayne, to the current crop of Hollywood gutter-trash, it is even more saddening AND disgusting.
Jimmy Stewart and John Wayne!! How OLD are you? Those guys died long, long ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies