Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 11:47 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,743 times

Advertisements

Did anyone see him the other morning being interviewed by Matt Lauer (if I spelled that right)?

Not only screwed-up in mind - But he looked like another person...His has the druggie look about him - And it's not going away.

He looked horrible (compared to what he looked like before). And do not tell me it was make-up...I've seen other people that were on drugs too long, and yes, their facial physical appearances change.

His best bet now is to take over some old Bela Lugosi parts.

Legalizing drugs is not going to help anyone. It is going to cause long term harm to people. And you do not need to be a scientist to know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 11:49 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times
So we should keep drugs illegal in order to protect Charlie Sheen from himself? Hell that's actually a moot point in itself because they're illegal now and it didn't help him apparently.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:33 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Did anyone see him the other morning being interviewed by Matt Lauer (if I spelled that right)?

Not only screwed-up in mind - But he looked like another person...His has the druggie look about him - And it's not going away.

He looked horrible (compared to what he looked like before). And do not tell me it was make-up...I've seen other people that were on drugs too long, and yes, their facial physical appearances change.

Legalizing drugs is not going to help anyone. It is going to cause long term harm to people. And you do not need to be a scientist to know that.
If you had a clue as to what you are talking about you might make a cogent point. Is marijuana addictive? Has anyone ever overdosed on marijuana? Is Charlie Sheen smoking marijuana, or doing chemically addictive drugs?

Perhaps you might do some research before you ask questions. And you don't need to be a rocket scientist to get a clue.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:47 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Quote:

Sounds like Rush Limbaugh

Old 09-26-2011, 02:15 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Let's stop selling alcohol because some people are drunks.
Don't punish me for your behavior.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:01 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:

Well, the fact that drugs are illegal really hasn't done anything to slow Sheen down.

Nope, neither is David Hasselhoff a good argument for making alcohol illegal.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:42 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,864,651 times
Some people drive reckless... do cars need to be illegal too? There will always be someone who makes a bad choice. If Charlie Sheen is an idiot it means nothing about the argument to legalize. You are interpreting as making them legal so everyone can use them... That isn't the goal. legal or illegal they are still a bad choice... Look at the side effects of the legal ones... and yet people will still opt to use them.

If you legalize then you can address the social issues of abuse. you can lessen the numbers in prison. you can spend money on prevention instead of a worthless war on drugs. elimination of the profit motive will rid us of the drug cartels which are a serious problem in the world.

Legal or illegal does not mean people will stop using but it can remove some of the other social woes. laws unfortunately don't fix stupid.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:48 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,059,627 times
Really, previous drug use did this to him? You know this how? Which ones, and what was the mechanism?

Should we get rid of scientific research because you magically know?

Sheen has always been fairly unstable, couldn't people with instabilities be drawn to drug use?

I'm not an advocate of drugs use, but I'm also not an advocate of making crap up.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:54 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:

There is no Freedom & Liberty, if big government keep you safe from yourself.
It is no business of the government. Social engineering, is Marxist.

If it was legal, are you afraid you would have to use it?

Old 09-26-2011, 05:59 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,613,990 times
Charlie Sheen is a good argument for not watching television.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies