Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 11:37 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yep. But of course, everyone is forgetting about that.

This thread isn't about Gadhafi anyway. It's just a chance to slap Farrakhan around. None of these folks give a damn about what Gadhafi is doing to Libyans...and no one cares if he's Farrakhan's friend. Plus, it's a chance to do some more race-baiting.
Well, even the scales then.

If my memory serves me, Billy Carter, professional drunk and brother of President James Earl Carter, was rather chummy with Col Kaddafi and visited Libya several times.

The eccentric leader of Libya seems to attract the same kind of people- rather bizarre figures in the limelight who are divorced from reality. Skin color is largley irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 11:45 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,484,516 times
Quote:
Yep. But of course, everyone is forgetting about that.

This thread isn't about Gadhafi anyway. It's just a chance to slap Farrakhan around. None of these folks give a damn about what Gadhafi is doing to Libyans...and no one cares if he's Farrakhan's friend. Plus, it's a chance to do some more race-baiting.
God forbid anyone should slap anti-semite race hustler Farrakhan around.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:51 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Maduro did not address the U.N. Security Council's unanimous decision Saturday to impose an arms embargo on Libya as part of an effort to halt the violence against protesters.
Council members also agreed to refer the crackdown to a permanent war crimes tribunal for an investigation of possible crimes against humanity.Chavez has neither condemned nor defended efforts to quell the popular rebellion against Gadhafi's rule, but he tacitly threw his support behind the Libyan leader on Saturday.

"I can't say that I support or am in favor of or applaud all the decisions taken by any friend of mine in any part of the world," Chavez said during a televised address.Read more: Venezuela foreign minister urges dialogue in Libya - NewsTimes (http://www.newstimes.com/news/article/Venezuela-foreign-minister-urges-dialogue-in-Libya-1033312.php#ixzz1FHReboVI - broken link)
wow chavez still calls him a friend of his. even Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad condemned the violent crackdown on protesters in the region and called on Libyan leader Muammar al-Gaddafi to step down. which is kinda funny coming from him of all people.

Last edited by GTOlover; 02-28-2011 at 12:10 PM..

Old 02-28-2011, 11:58 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Well, even the scales then.

If my memory serves me, Billy Carter, professional drunk and brother of President James Earl Carter, was rather chummy with Col Kaddafi and visited Libya several times.

The eccentric leader of Libya seems to attract the same kind of people- rather bizarre figures in the limelight who are divorced from reality. Skin color is largley irrelevant.
You mean like the POTUS who negotiated with the KNOWN sponsor of the mass murder of Americans?

Old 02-28-2011, 12:09 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
God forbid anyone should slap anti-semite race hustler Farrakhan around.
Around here, being an Anti-Semite dooms you to eternal hell, but you can be anti-every other ethnic group and it's perfectly acceptable.

Funny how no one ever slaps Nixon or Billy Graham for being anti-semitic. But then, i guess it's ok for whites to be anti-semites.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:16 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Poor Louis. Say or do anything to remain relevant or at the very least in the public eye. How pathetic.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:17 PM

38 posts, read 23,289 times
Quote:

So now criticizing Farrakhan is race-baiting??

Go back to your fixation on Jews.....

Old 02-28-2011, 12:21 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonheights View Post
So now criticizing Farrakhan is race-baiting??

Go back to your fixation on Jews.....
I'm not the one who brought up Jews. I responded to someone who mentioned Anti-Semitism. And yea, bringing up Louie is pretty much an opportunity to get some good ol' fashion race baiting going.

At the end of the day, i don't give a damn one way or the other. I'm not a member of the Nation of Islam.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:59 PM

146 posts, read 399,443 times
Quote:
Around here, being an Anti-Semite dooms you to eternal hell, but you can be anti-every other ethnic group and it's perfectly acceptable.

Funny how no one ever slaps Nixon or Billy Graham for being anti-semitic. But then, i guess it's ok for whites to be anti-semites.
Billy Graham worships a 2,000 year old Jew and supports Zionism, that's a funny way of showing ones anti-Semitism.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:06 PM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
I'm not the one who brought up Jews. I responded to someone who mentioned Anti-Semitism. And yea, bringing up Louie is pretty much an opportunity to get some good ol' fashion race baiting going.

At the end of the day, i don't give a damn one way or the other. I'm not a member of the Nation of Islam.
desertdetroiter!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is Farrakhan who brings up RACE day in and day out. His entire organization is founded on kooky, quasi-Nazistic, hare-brained racial theories centering on mad wizards and space ships. Racism is his career, his philosophy, his entire reason for being.

Accusing those who point out his wacky hatred of the same hatred is a lame attempt to deflect his racism on to others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies