Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 10:53 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,484,516 times

Advertisements

Wow, this really goes counter to "The Narrative".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 10:54 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Sounds like a trick question.

If the segregationists wanted to be kept apart because all blacks were like the ones in the article then it would sound more like it was about class rather than race.
Not tricky at all, if you understood the premise of segregationist movements like this. It had nothing to do with income group, but everything to do with race.

As a matter of fact, the whole premise of this thread is apologetic to that idea people like me was a thing of the past.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
For those who claim whites are racist for "white flight" - wanting to get away from poor people culture in the city by running away to the suburbs, what do you think of blacks doing the same?

Foreclosure Crisis: Class is Becoming a Growing Issue in Black Communities
"There is classism within the black community. The foreclosure crisis may be accelerating it." Cashin adds, "Middle-class blacks, like middle-class whites, are also put off by behavior of impoverished blacks who 'have developed their own culture, one that is very different from mainstream America.'"
Full MSNBC article here.
Your talking about human nature here....this isn't an issue about black and white. For someone to be surprised that classism exists within the black race means that the surprised is clearly DUMB! What next? Shock that black people in America cry, laugh, and get moody sometimes?

I mean, c'mon...seriously?

Old 02-28-2011, 12:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Wow, this really goes counter to "The Narrative".
Well, black people didn't write "the narrative" to begin with. And no one with common sense ever believed it anyway.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:28 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
White flight started when blacks moved into neighborhoods where they had an equivalent income of families in the white neighborhood they moved into. There was only one reason the white families moved, and this was because they did not want to live near blacks.

Blacks are the same as all other races whey they have money. When poorer people move into the neighborhood, Americans in general become concerned that their schools will decline and crime will increase.

That's a lot different than moving away because of the color of one's skin. You cannot reasonably say they are doing the same.
wow way too much common sense in this post. I demand it be deleted so we can bicker about nonsense

Old 02-28-2011, 02:29 PM

4,023 posts, read 7,374,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
For those who claim whites are racist for "white flight" - wanting to get away from poor people culture in the city by running away to the suburbs, what do you think of blacks doing the same?

Foreclosure Crisis: Class is Becoming a Growing Issue in Black Communities
"There is classism within the black community. The foreclosure crisis may be accelerating it." Cashin adds, "Middle-class blacks, like middle-class whites, are also put off by behavior of impoverished blacks who 'have developed their own culture, one that is very different from mainstream America.'"
Full MSNBC article here.
And they're right, it's a color issue, it's human

Old 02-28-2011, 03:18 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
One question: What do Blacks have to do with Ghetto Trash.
Me thinks I smell a racist near by, ewwwww
Casper

Old 03-01-2011, 03:04 PM

514 posts, read 765,306 times
There were even class distinctions among the slaves. Blacks are no different than whites. My parents grew up in a racially mixed neighborhood. After my parents married they eventually moved out to their own place. But the blacks couldn't because they were being red-lined. When one family tried to move out to a white area their house was burned down. This was in a Midwestern college town. What has changed is that blacks can move to where they want for the most part. No news here.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:09 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
If blacks are ensuring restrictions on whites or other races, they would be as much an idiot as the whites were demanding and forcing segregation. But that doesn't appear to be the case, or is it?
More confusion and obfuscation from you.

Is anything a matter of common sense to you?

Bad behavior knows no race - and I don't want to be its neighbor. That's all.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:13 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,106,606 times
I feel the need to say I don't care about this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies