Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 12:56 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times

Advertisements

I'm seeing rising oil prices, commodities and then today I read an article in USA Today that median income is falling at the same time. It's no wonder the middle class is on the decline: it has nothing to do with not taxing the rich enough.

How will higher oil and food prices help the poor and middle class? I don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 01:59 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,732 times
It doesn't... It inflates stocks and commodities and weakens the dollar... That benefits rich people who take the $$$ and buy guns and ammo and stockpile real stuff and leave the communist states...

As these people leave it just makes those that remain even worse off and expands the power of "The State"...

I guess that's the plan though, destroy American freedom...

The problem is we all won't go along with this and there will be a revolt eventually...

Old 09-13-2012, 03:32 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
It doesn't do anything but falsify numbers to help for a short time for an election.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:36 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Most of the lower and middle class is in debt. Quantitative easing makes that debt easier to pay. As to anything else it depends 100% on the economic theory you subscribe to.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:46 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
QE3 will not create jobs or do anything for the middle class other than create huge debt for the tax payer.

The printing of money is to cover the huge losses of the banks because of the second wave of forclosures. Obama the job killer is doing NOTHING TO HELP the American people.

Today the stock market went up..

Dow Jones has a huge BUBBLE.

Fed keeps printing because the housing crisis is getting worse with millions who have lost their jobs.. No job , mortgage doesn't get paid.. mortgage doesn't get paid, banks get stiffed for thousands on each house.
Houses sell for much lower , banks have huge losses, banks in trouble, government prints money, borrowed printed money goes to banks to prop up the banks, banks don't go broke yet. Government going broke .

This is what is happening and it will continue and it will bankrupt the country unless we get a president to put people to work!

Old 09-13-2012, 04:01 PM

635 posts, read 539,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I'm seeing rising oil prices, commodities and then today I read an article in USA Today that median income is falling at the same time. It's no wonder the middle class is on the decline: it has nothing to do with not taxing the rich enough.

How will higher oil and food prices help the poor and middle class? I don't get it.
I'd like to think more and more people are realizing that neither the democrats or the republicans care much about the middle class... Hopefully it will result in real hope and change sometime in the not so distant future.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:13 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Most of the lower and middle class is in debt. Quantitative easing makes that debt easier to pay. As to anything else it depends 100% on the economic theory you subscribe to.
No it doesn't. You could lift the same burden with fiscal policy and put buying power in their hands. You think the poor are qualifying for low rates?

Old 09-13-2012, 04:17 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
No it doesn't. You could lift the same burden with fiscal policy and put buying power in their hands. You think the poor are qualifying for low rates?
1st bold yeah, but we all know that is not going to happen.

2nd bold actually many of the "poor" in America are students and many of the middle class have fixed rate mortgages. So I think they do benefit from inflation like any borrower.

Old 09-13-2012, 04:56 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,899,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
How does it make it easier to pay their debt when they're nominal wages aren't inflating along with the Fed's monetary base?

Old 09-13-2012, 04:59 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
it is the same BS that the fed has done before, without a positive result. we have had QE1, QE2, and now QE3.

i think zero hedge summed it up best today:

The Fed continues to follow the same wrong policies as it has since the beginning of this depression. We now have one of the longest depressions in history that has been caused by the Fed and the fiscal policies of the Bush and Obama Administrations. They are devaluing the dollar, destroying capital, thwarting growth, and cheating savers out of their hard earned money. It is a cruel blow to the 23.1 million un/under-employed in the U.S. who need economic growth to create jobs. We need a new direction.

you better believe it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies