Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 08:07 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart24 View Post
Firstly I very much doubt you are in tune to US affairs, you have proven time and time again how spaced out and disconnected from reality you really are, honestly do not try to portray yourself as some expert on anything.

Next concentrate on the growing Tea Party and Conservative movement in your own country. There have been rallies hosted, significant amount of funds raised. Hell Sarah Palin even made 6 figures from a speech in Hamilton (Hepburn: Sarah Palin and Tea Party anger in Canada - thestar.com) Who was funding this? Americans? Sounds like you have something to worry about in your own backyard.
Well let me tell you something. I don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Sure we have some crazies here too. But I have to tell you that a lot of people who would pay good money to go and see Palin or GWB are doing so for an entertainment and not because they have anything in common with them.

I have nothing at all against true conservativism but what you have now in the USA is far far from any definition of conservative. I'm sure there are lots of well meaning good folks in the tea party movement but they are just being used as tools by the same old forces of reaction and regression that have almost always led the GOP in your country.

I have nothing to worry about in my own backyard at all. We have a truly conservative government right now and though I don't like some of their policies the country will survive. You sound like you are fully indoctronated with that comment. "something to worry about". Well fear just doesn't cut it here. We don't tend to see threats sneaking up on us at all times. We don't worry about commies or Nazis. Unions don't put the fear of God into us. We tend to think that whatever government we presently have is just doing it's best to make the country a better place, right or wrong. We are not scared of minorities or illegal aliens, we don't have ghettos and urban decay. America would be blessed to wake up some day and find conditions like Canada has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 08:15 PM

624 posts, read 1,072,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
No, it's your car company that you would like to see fail, for some reason. Fortunately it appears that it will not fail.
Sorry Bob... I'm putting my money on performance, not politics.

Btw, would you really pay 40K for this car? My electric bill has gone up this year, I can't even begin to imagine what my bills would have been for having to charge this car 3-4 hours each day.

And for what? For 39 mpg? Isn't Toyota Prius running with about the same MPG with no electicity cost increase for me, and for about 27K cheaper?

Old 10-21-2010, 08:21 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Well let me tell you something. I don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Sure we have some crazies here too. But I have to tell you that a lot of people who would pay good money to go and see Palin or GWB are doing so for an entertainment and not because they have anything in common with them.

I have nothing at all against true conservativism but what you have now in the USA is far far from any definition of conservative. I'm sure there are lots of well meaning good folks in the tea party movement but they are just being used as tools by the same old forces of reaction and regression that have almost always led the GOP in your country.

I have nothing to worry about in my own backyard at all. We have a truly conservative government right now and though I don't like some of their policies the country will survive. You sound like you are fully indoctronated with that comment. "something to worry about". Well fear just doesn't cut it here. We don't tend to see threats sneaking up on us at all times. We don't worry about commies or Nazis. Unions don't put the fear of God into us. We tend to think that whatever government we presently have is just doing it's best to make the country a better place, right or wrong. We are not scared of minorities or illegal aliens, we don't have ghettos and urban decay. America would be blessed to wake up some day and find conditions like Canada has.
Some Canadians don't like Americans.. it is obvious .. Canada has lousy food , high gas prices, frigid weather, plus they love Obama.You can have him when he is done in 2012. Enough said.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:31 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,958,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart24 View Post
Next concentrate on the growing Tea Party and Conservative movement in your own country. There have been rallies hosted, significant amount of funds raised. Hell Sarah Palin even made 6 figures from a speech in Hamilton (Hepburn: Sarah Palin and Tea Party anger in Canada - thestar.com) Who was funding this? Americans? Sounds like you have something to worry about in your own backyard.
It was a charity fundraiser. About 900 attended at $200/plate -plus more for photos. It was an entertainment event not part of a political movement. Palin's speech was low on politics.

Transcript:
http://sarahpalininformation.wordpre...ilton-ontario/

Old 10-21-2010, 08:41 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Some Canadians don't like Americans.. it is obvious .. Canada has lousy food , high gas prices, frigid weather, plus they love Obama.You can have him when he is done in 2012. Enough said.
Well, Maybe some Canadians have lousy food but I eat awesome food. It's just a personal choice you see. We do have high gasoline prices and it kind of ticks me off seeing how The USA buys more oil from Canada than from anyone else and then sells it for less than I can buy it here. We do have fridgid weather in the winter but so does half the USA. The coldest place I was last winter was in ND and it was -40 brrrr. I had to drive to Winnipeg to get warmed up LOL. I think some of the greatest people in the world are Americans and I like them very much. You also have some real jerks just like every other place on the planet and you are right. I don't like the jerks very much. I don't like ours either.

Now, about loving Obama??? I think by and large Canadians are kind of disappointed in him. He talked a good game during the election. A real firebrand reformer but he has proven to be very centerist and not much of a reformer at all. He might as well gone whole hog like FDR did because he gets blamed like he did anyway. He's really been up against it though with the party of NO opposing every word he utters but it should have embolded him to crush those know nothings once and for all.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:48 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Thanks for pointing that out. I swear there are people who automatically blame President Obama for EVERYTHING having to do with this economic downturn. For some people it's like they have amnesia about anything that happened during the Bush 43 Administration. The TARP money which was used to bailout GM and Chrysler and the initial decision to loan both companies money was in place well before President Obama was inaugurated.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:49 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Sorry Bob... I'm putting my money on performance, not politics.

Btw, would you really pay 40K for this car? My electric bill has gone up this year, I can't even begin to imagine what my bills would have been for having to charge this car 3-4 hours each day.

And for what? For 39 mpg? Isn't Toyota Prius running with about the same MPG with no electicity cost increase for me, and for about 27K cheaper?
heck the fusion hybrid costs no more than a non hybrid fusion, gets 41mpg city, and is bigger than both the prius and the volt. i may be wrong, but doesnt the fusion retail for around $26k?

Old 10-21-2010, 09:01 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
No, it's your car company that you would like to see fail, for some reason. Fortunately it appears that it will not fail.
No one wants to see it fail.. We just dont want to continue paying for failure while people like you continue to make excuses...

Old 10-21-2010, 09:02 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Thanks for pointing that out. I swear there are people who automatically blame President Obama for EVERYTHING having to do with this economic downturn. For some people it's like they have amnesia about anything that happened during the Bush 43 Administration. The TARP money which was used to bailout GM and Chrysler and the initial decision to loan both companies money was in place well before President Obama was inaugurated.
Bush LOANED them money, Obama BOUGHT them out.. Do you two see the difference?

Old 10-21-2010, 09:13 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No one wants to see it fail.. We just dont want to continue paying for failure while people like you continue to make excuses...
Right, kind of like the GOP doesn't want to see the UE rate go up. Please, get real. The opposition to everything, is purely political.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies