Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Mike Huckaby's statement that Obama grew up in Kenya?
Yes, I agree with Huckaby 10 11.24%
No, I do not 79 88.76%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 04:02 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,092,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I heard part of this interview yesterday. He made it clear that he wasnt questioning Obama's birthplace. Then afterwards, it was obvious to those who arent trying to make something out of nothing, that he mistakenly said Kenya. The host was previously asking about the birth certificate and Kenya and all that nonsense. It wasnt what he meant to say. And I dont even care much for Gomer Pile.

Obama lived in Indonesia, which is what im sure he meant to say.
That can't be possible. There was no Mau-mau rebellion in Indonesia. And Indonesia was never under British Rule... it was Dutch.

Alas... another elegant theory foundering on the rocks of little facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 04:06 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,142,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
That can't be possible. There was no Mau-mau rebellion in Indonesia. And Indonesia was never under British Rule... it was Dutch.

Alas... another elegant theory foundering on the rocks of little facts.
Obama was in Indonesia for about 5 years. Everyone knows that. The point is, he meant to say Indonesia and not Kenya and you guys know it.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:07 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,990,154 times
Quote:
Well, at least you arent lying like the NY Slimes did on this story. They suggested with their headline that he is a birther, as did Rolling Stone. Both typical liberal rags who distort and lie.

I heard part of this interview yesterday. He made it clear that he wasnt questioning Obama's birthplace. Then afterwards, it was obvious to those who arent trying to make something out of nothing, that he mistakenly said Kenya. The host was previously asking about the birth certificate and Kenya and all that nonsense. It wasnt what he meant to say. And I dont even care much for Gomer Pile.

Obama lived in Indonesia, which is what im sure he meant to say. The point was, he did spend time growing up in Indonesia, a Muslim society, outside the US. Why are you goons trying to make something out of nothing when the man already condemned those who question Obama's birthplace? My God, Obama has had more screw ups talking than Huck and others have had, yet I guarantee most of you ignored those comments or defended them as "accidental" or "mis-understood".
That racist, bigoted crap will not fly either....Obama lived in Indonesia from age 6 to 10......I'm sorry you don't get indoctrinated at that age....LOL

It's just playing to old white bigots that hate or fear brown people.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:09 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,092,812 times
Quote:
Obama was in Indonesia for about 5 years. Everyone knows that. The point is, he meant to say Indonesia and not Kenya and you guys know it.
I point out to you again that he waxed on about the Mau-mau rebellion, about Obama's father and grandfather, and about how how it influenced his opinion of the Brits... even supposedly causing him to send back a bust of Churchill.

There is no possible way that Huckabee meant to say Indonesia.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:12 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,738,545 times
He probably meant Indonesia.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:24 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,400,656 times
To be fair to the Huckster, he could have gotten his "talking points" messed up. It's not like people that work for Fox news actually have their own opinions.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:25 PM

Huckabee spokesman:

“Governor Huckabee simply misspoke when he alluded to President Obama growing up in ‘Kenya.’ The Governor meant to say the President grew up in Indonesia.”
“When the Governor mentioned he wanted to know more about the President, he wasn’t talking about the President’s place of birth – the Governor believes the President was born in Hawaii. The Governor would however like to know more about where President Obama’s liberal policies come from and what else the President plans to do to this country – as do most Americans.”

Old 03-01-2011, 04:25 PM

22,198 posts, read 19,487,286 times
Quote:
How does that fly with his comments on the British then?? The comments by Huckabee on Obama's view on the British would only fit if he meant Kenya and not Indonesia because of Kenya's previous ties to Britain (gained Independence in the 1960's).

Old 03-01-2011, 04:26 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,454,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
First Read - Huckabee claims Obama grew up in Kenya

Is he really that uninformed, or is he just trying to appeal to the uninformed social conservatives who are likely to support him?
That's funny and not completely unexpected...lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if he actually believes what he is saying.

Old 03-01-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
How does that fly with his comments on the British then?? The comments by Huckabee on Obama's view on the British would only fit if he meant Kenya and not Indonesia because of Kenya's previous ties to Britain (gained Independence in the 1960's).
Then he obviously fails at geography and history. I dont believe for a second that he really thought he grew up in Kenya. As much as he's said against the "birthers", I think he simply had a big OOPS during the interview.

Obama once said screwed up and said something about visiting 57 states. Unfortunately for him, there arent 57 United States but in Islam......

So on both accounts, both of these guys mis-spoke and didnt mean what they said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies