Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your Thoughts on Huckabee?
Better Choice than McCain 38 52.78%
Worse than McCain 5 6.94%
Crazy Religious Nutjob with no place in Government 29 40.28%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 04:46 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,035,466 times

Advertisements

Mike Huckabee was a potential Republican nominee back in the early election season, since then he has made quite a name for himself in the news and television shows.

My question is, how does the general population of C-D-F feel about him? Please vote and post, if you don't really know anything about him, please don't post or vote.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I believe he was the best man for the job of taking on Obama. He was quickly shoved aside after losing important Southern states in favor of other candidates.

He was a Moderate, not radical, but unlike McCain, he has a very friendly personality, and was quite the comedian. Despite being a deeply religious man, his political take on Social issues such as Abortion, Gay Marriage, etc. was to leave it up to the states to decide - which shows that he is a truer Republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 04:48 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,587,191 times
The fact that he is an ordained minister is just way too easy to paint him as a bible-thumping yokel, a caricature if you will, of your typical conservative Southern Republican.

But as a Democrat I admit he has a pretty appealing personality.

Slightly better than McCain.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:10 PM

^I agree. Had he been the nominee, I suspect he would have been under vicious attack regarding his religion. I somewhat disagree with his political standing on Gay marriage, Immigration, etc. but at least he has put it in states hands on what should be done. Overall, I don't think he would deserve all the crap that comes with running for president...

Old 10-23-2008, 05:18 PM

5,477 posts, read 12,248,239 times
I personally think there were better candidates than McCain and how he got the nomination is beyond me. Most repubs were like "Ok...I guess I'll back the guy" very reluctantly though. I was pulling for Gulliani. Even Mitt Romney would have been better. My grandma said the fact that he is a Morman would turn people off, but I don't think so.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:21 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,003,003 times
Is "Gone, thank goodness" one of the choices? Actually, Huckabee was on the Daily Show, and I liked him. He is an intelligent, funny guy, capable of coming up with witty repartee. I don't want to see his buddies on the Supreme Court, though---I take that a little more seriously.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:35 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
I like Old Huck. I would have voted for him.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Is "Gone, thank goodness" one of the choices? Actually, Huckabee was on the Daily Show, and I liked him. He is an intelligent, funny guy, capable of coming up with witty repartee. I don't want to see his buddies on the Supreme Court, though---I take that a little more seriously.
I didn't see him on the Daily Show, but he was on the Colbert Report more than once. I believe he played air hockey with Stephen... Huckabee is a great speaker, very cool and collected...

Old 10-23-2008, 05:51 PM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
He was my choice because of the flat tax issue. I am not sure how McCain became the nominee. One minute, there were a bunch of candidates, and then...POOF..it was McCain. I missed what happened. My other favorite was Giuliani, but by the Ohio primary he was off the ballot.
I'm voting for McCain, but he was not my first or second choice. He's a good man, but too old and not a true conservative.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:15 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,969,104 times
Mike Huckabee being a middle aged heterosexual White christian male Republican from the South would have been crucified by the liberal media. If however he was a Cambodian tranny Democrat from San Francisco who happened to be an atheist, the liberal media would have been be drooling all over him.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:33 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Mike would probably be better than McCain. I could even have possibly have brought myself to vote for him. Probably would have made a wiser VP pick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies