Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 10:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

Yes, less people losing their jobs.

That just adds to those already idle.

It surely doesn't lower the unemployment rate.
The only thing that does that, is when your unemployment check runs out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 10:13 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Energy and food prices skyrocketing and a stagnant economy with increasing unemployment, isn't this what we used to call Carternomics?

Well, in any case, we're all screwed...

Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February

Hey, the economy's getting better!! Didn't you get the memo??!!

Old 03-03-2011, 10:14 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
Don't worry as soon as some unemployement runs out they wil report less claims.For another 730 billion he will promsie to keeep unemplyemnt below 11%.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:30 PM

You realize, when everyone is unemployed and all unemployment benefits have been paid, we are going to have a ZERO unemployment rate, the way our deceitful government calculates it, to deceive the uneducated public.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:38 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Booming my ---! I know someone in the E.C. who has just lost a job, they gave her position to someone under her, gees i wonder why.

Know a friend here in Calif that had a management position, guess what SHE IS GONE.

Know another person in the E.C. who was a supervisor, Oh my She is gone, what the hek is happening here, 3 in a week, 2 in the E.C. one out here.

So much for a great recovery.

I am very upset the one that was in management, they gave her job to someone without her qualitications as hers, just to pay the guy, less money.

The one in the supervisor position, after 20 years on the job she is gone, her job given to someone less qualified then her, the pay cut. This is so not right in my opinion. One is crying does not know if she will find a job, and how she will pay her mortgage.

Don't think that this can't happen to you, 20 years of dedication on a job she loved, and she is gone, is this right just to save a buck!

At this point not one person who has a job, is safe.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Booming my ---! I know someone in the E.C. who has just lost a job, they gave her position to someone under her, gees i wonder why.

Know a friend here in Calif that had a management position, guess what SHE IS GONE.

Know another person in the E.C. who was a supervisor, Oh my She is gone, what the hek is happening here, 3 in a week, 2 in the E.C. one out here.

So much for a great recovery.

I am very upset the one that was in management, they gave her job to someone without her qualitications as hers, just to pay the guy, less money.

The one in the supervisor position, after 20 years on the job she is gone, her job given to someone less qualified then her, the pay cut. This is so not right in my opinion. One is crying does not know if she will find a job, and how she will pay her mortgage.

Don't think that this can't happen to you, 20 years of dedication on a job she loved, and she is gone, is this right just to save a buck!

At this point not one person who has a job, is safe.

Yes, A job and a paycheck, is not a human right.
This is what happens when you let someone else dictate your worth and your destiny.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:57 PM

38,646 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yes, A job and a paycheck, is not a human right.
This is what happens when you let someone else dictate your worth and your destiny.

I don't see the issue so much as being people are losing their current employment. That happens in the best of times. It is that the economy is so stagnated that new positions are almost impossible to find and so many of us are having to settle for jobs which pay less and offer scant benefits.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:40 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Energy and food prices skyrocketing and a stagnant economy with increasing unemployment, isn't this what we used to call Carternomics?

Well, in any case, we're all screwed...

Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February
Conservatives have been saying this was going to happen for a year or more, liberals called us paranoid..

I call them ignorant.. like an ostrage, sticking their head in the sand..

Old 03-04-2011, 06:41 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Might add to the outsourcing problem.
At times I wish my wife would decide to outsource that job..

Old 03-04-2011, 06:42 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,712,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
To hear some of the robots tell us the economy is booming.

Obama is O'fer -900,000 in jobs.

A total failure and 800 billion gone to waste.
Actually, about 3 million people have had jobs because of the stimulus, myself being one of them for a brief period that helped me get restabilized in a non-stimulus job. I encounter dozens of them on a daily basis and see many others working on projects on the streets.

Be wary of a callous heart. People have been really suffering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies