Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 09:53 AM

2,960 posts, read 3,528,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
That's your opinion. I think that the US is a pretty good country; but I also think that there are a lot of pretty good countries.
I don't hide behind blind nationalism.

Oh good, "America love it or leave it" meme. You don't like me being from the US, too bad. I'm humored that you want someone who doesn't agree with you to leave. Ridiculous.

If any horrible day in US history falls on a work day, I'll go to work; if it falls on a weekend or day I'm on holiday, I'll spend the day however I feel like spending it. I don't spend my life wrapped around certain incidences.

The OP stated specifically that 11 Sep 2001 was the worst day in US history. I disagree with that sentiment. He does not speak for everyone.
Neither do I and in all honesty there is no way to know what the worst day in U.S. history is because neither of us have been alive except for a small fraction of this nation's existence. You pointed out that the 1945 bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki could be considered one of the worst tragedies in our nation's history. Even though those bombings were tragic, they were necessary to defeat Imperial Japan. This example shows why you have an anti-American attitude. Just because I called you out on this doesn't mean that I have blind patriotism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 10:06 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Neither do I and in all honesty there is no way to know what the worst day in U.S. history is because neither of us have been alive except for a small fraction of this nation's existence. You pointed out that the 1945 bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki could be considered one of the worst tragedies in our nation's history. Even though those bombings were tragic, they were necessary to defeat Imperial Japan. This example shows why you have an anti-American attitude. Just because I called you out on this doesn't mean that I have blind patriotism.
So clearly, you defend the barbaric actions of our country and then accuse anyone who disagrees with having an anti-American attitude. There are better solutions than nuking half a million people. There are better solutions than invading countries that never were a threat. There are better solutions than installing dictators or assassinating duly elected leaders.

Contrary to what I think you might support, might does NOT make right, it makes stupid and dead.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:12 AM

2,960 posts, read 3,528,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
So clearly, you defend the barbaric actions of our country and then accuse anyone who disagrees with having an anti-American attitude. There are better solutions than nuking half a million people. There are better solutions than invading countries that never were a threat. There are better solutions than installing dictators or assassinating duly elected leaders.

Contrary to what I think you might support, might does NOT make right, it makes stupid and dead.
Radical leftists like you will show the true colors of the Democratic Party. Barrack Obama and the Democratic senate majority will be thrown out of office next year.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:23 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,452 times
Quote:
Radical leftists like you will show the true colors of the Democratic Party. Barrack Obama and the Democratic senate majority will be thrown out of office next year.
I'm not radical. I'm not a Democrat. I could not care less about which party does what. It's also clear you didn't read anything I wrote. Your response is rote, automatic, boilerplate, and tired. If all you're going to do is point and blame, go look in the mirror.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:03 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP5uIPyYDlQ

What will you do to commemorate the worst day in American history?

Pray.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:14 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
I'm anti-US because I disagree with you?
It was not necessary to drop atom bombs on innocent people living in those cities.
Ever been to the Hiroshima museum? Ever see the devastation it caused?
We killed a lot more innocent people on that day than were killed in the WTC.
Photos of people with their skin peeling and on fire is not appropriate. Neither was napalming the Vietnamese.
I don't believe bombing and/or killing innocent people at any time is appropriate.

Since you want me to leave the country, you're much more anti-US than I could imagine.
I may not agree with you, but I don't think you're Hitler or that you should leave the country.

Nice try; you called me out on your own opinion.
And you know what they say about opinions. Yours stinks just as much as mine.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:16 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Name-calling seems to be your MO.
Really, you think mhouse is a radical leftist?
You might want to take off your nationalistic blinders.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:53 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Some people can never see beyond the slogans. I think the day we bombed non combatants in Europe was the day we lost our soul. Bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki confirmed our membership in the Monsters of War club. Sending troops to kill Vietnamese civilians was to be expected. After all they wanted to be free of the French and that was intolerable.

I am critical of what my country has done in the name of politics and military necessity. I think the USA is still a good place to live that could be made better. One of the things we could do is stop using our force to protect foreign, and some domestic like the Saudi’s, colonial empires. It is time to bring our money and troops home and start making the US a better place for all of us to live.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:22 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm8Nt77C-u4

Old 03-07-2011, 09:50 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWt3-kPBQ4A
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies