Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 05:44 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Exactly.
It takes a lot of moxie to say Fox News viewers are ill-informed (especially from Meida Matters) when the proof is all over the internet to show the ignorance of many Obama voters. And make no mistake, that is why Obama is in office right this minute. The ignorant masses.
Can you proof that by a study and not random videos? Because all you've got are youtube videos. There are dozens of videos of people that did not vote for Obama and they seem to be just as dumb as some Obama voters. You trust the videos that support your views but you ignore the ones that don't support your views. That is a sign of ignorance.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You do realize this "study" has been debunked to death, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8KHO...layer_embedded
Yep.. and this video actually proved Fox viewers were MORE informed then everyone else.. Thanks OP for giving people the chance to repost FACTS, and not your left wing propaganda...

You still think the left winger lie is true that was posted, then dispute this video.. Go ahead.. try... It'll be humorous..

Old 03-08-2011, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Where is the link to the poll so we can review the methodology?
The original report, which is so filled with errors and flaws that it actually proves that Fox viewers are more informed than non Fox viewers
http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pi..._Dec10_rpt.pdf

Old 03-08-2011, 05:59 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,528,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The original report, which is so filled with errors and flaws that it actually proves that Fox viewers are more informed than non Fox viewers
http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pi..._Dec10_rpt.pdf
Any "report" from globalist propaganda outfit, Meida Matters is suspect and pretty much discounted by any serious political junkie.

I can't believe the OP tried to pass it off as a legitimate source. Just more proof that that the left continues to twist and distort.

To say a legitimiate news source is flawed when the true propaganda machine is providing the "data"( wink wink) says it all.
I don't think even they believe it themselves.

But we can't let the irony behind this escape because as exemplified on this very forum, a lot of FOX News viewers are actually lefties who just can't stop watching. Oh they say they watch to see what the other side is up to but I think we know better. In fact so many CD members are obsessed with all things FOX that what they are saying is, they are part of the supposed uninformed! Go figure!

Old 03-08-2011, 06:02 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Any "report" from globalist propaganda outfit, Meida Matters is suspect and pretty much discounted by any serious political junkie.

I can't believe the OP tried to pass it off as a legitimate source. Just more proof that that the left continues to twist and distort.

To say a legitimiate news source is flawed when the true propaganda machine is providing the "data"( wink wink) says it all.
I don't think evey they believe it themselves.
A legitimate news source is one that does not have a bias. There are rare but I would not call any other legitimate. If the owner himself admits to having a bias, you know they are not fair and balanced.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:08 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,850,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Not a surprising conclusion here, but relevant in understanding the continued lunacy from the Right. I think FOX needs to be converted to the comedy channel because it can't be taken seriously.

Univ. of Maryland study finds Fox News viewers to be misinformed on key issues - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com
When talking about FOX viewers, you must always follow your comments with ", duh".

Old 03-08-2011, 06:09 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,117,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Seems unscientific to me. For example, in one instance it claims the American people think the economy is not improving, then quotes GDP as a proof. Well, we had positive GDP growth for the second half of 2009 and still lost 2 million jobs, and unemployment soared.

And look at TARP. It may have been passed under Bush, but Obama voted for it, and actively continued the program when he took office. Or the other tidbit, that healthcare decreases the deficit - this only occurs because the sheer volume of tax hikes that took effect before the actual healthcare provisions took place.
I was thinking the very same thing. On top of that, a net positive doesnt' necessarily equate into a reality that people actually feel. Just because there's a net growth doesn't mean that people are actually feeling that growth.

I have some real issues with the way this data was reported by this author. Way too many holes.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I was thinking the very same thing. On top of that, a net positive doesnt' necessarily equate into a reality that people actually feel. Just because there's a net growth doesn't mean that people are actually feeling that growth.

I have some real issues with the way this data was reported by this author. Way too many holes.
Especially considering that the growth is government growth, not private sector growth. And since that growth comes by removing money from the economy, the public sector could very well properly answer that there is no growth while the government indicate that there is..

Old 03-08-2011, 06:18 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,593,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Not a surprising conclusion here, but relevant in understanding the continued lunacy from the Right. I think FOX needs to be converted to the comedy channel because it can't be taken seriously.

Univ. of Maryland study finds Fox News viewers to be misinformed on key issues - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com
There's nothing like symmetry, and what's more symmetrical than a circle? Fox is unrepentantly biased. So its hardcore viewers can't possibly be well informed. They continue to watch Fox, which is biased, so that they're continually uninformed. And they watch Fox...

Old 03-08-2011, 06:19 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,528,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Except for the fact that if you are smart enough to read the "study", and find the flaws, (and there are soo many of them), you'd actually see its not the Fox viewers mis-informed..
Can you say "duh"
Keeping em honest. It's a full time job around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies