Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2011, 09:04 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
That's what one of my home boys said happened to him.
One? This happened to one of your friends so you think it’ll be the case for everyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You asked if those who oppose abortion would accept tubal ligations. Of course - why not? Big difference between the two.

My “what?” was in reference to (1) you saying that all feminists should get their tubes tied and (2) suggesting that they will “hate their own child so much that they want to have it killed”.

What is that all about? You think that all feminists hate children? And why on earth would they wish death upon their child?

If "most feminists are lesbians" why would they want to kill a child they would have had gone to so much trouble to have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 09:29 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
Yup! Let's say a married person has a high volume of friends of the opposite sex. His wife gets worried and questions him. His female friends then lie about infidelity or say he's hitting on them. Then the relationship is in jeopardy. There's also a chance the women (single, divorce, even married) will try to hit on the married man, just to break them up.

The sexes can meet through online dating or a blind date.
Married men aren't supposed to carry on like they were single, so why would they be hanging with all these women unless his wife is present with them? That is where all the trouble starts, the rest is just doom.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Married men aren't supposed to carry on like they were single, so why would they be hanging with all these women unless his wife is present with them? That is where all the trouble starts, the rest is just doom.
So once you get married you must attend all outings only with your wife/husband?

No nights out with the guys, no fishing trips with your buddies, no Superbowl parties?

Same for the girls? No more dinner and dancing with your girlfriends, no more shopping with your girlfriends?

No individual time or space at all anymore.

Boy. I can’t wait to get married. They say nothing changes after marriage, dontcha know.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:37 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
One? This happened to one of your friends so you think it’ll be the case for everyone?

My “what?” was in reference to (1) you saying that all feminists should get their tubes tied and (2) suggesting that they will “hate their own child so much that they want to have it killed”.

What is that all about? You think that all feminists hate children? And why on earth would they wish death upon their child?

If "most feminists are lesbians" why would they want to kill a child they would have had gone to so much trouble to have?
I recently saw a Dr. Phil episode where a woman was in a relationship and was best friends with her male co-worker. They had feelings for each other and were in a emotional affair, soon to be intimate affair. There were a lot of tensions on that episode.

I'm sure not all feminists hate children. There's anti-feminists who hate children and that's perfectly okay. But the childed will take offense to that.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
I recently saw a Dr. Phil episode where a woman was in a relationship and was best friends with her male co-worker. They had feelings for each other and were in a emotional affair, soon to be intimate affair. There were a lot of tensions on that episode.
So?

Was this co-worker better for her? Would he make her happier? Did he show her the attention her husband would not?

Relationships end all the time. Sometimes under horrible circumstances, but people can’t deny their feelings. They shouldn’t have to live a lie if they are in love with someone else, don’t you think?

The only thing I don’t agree with is her being unfaithful to her husband.

I don’t believe in this “emotional affair” rubbish. You kiss/blow/screw someone else, you’re cheating. That’s it. I have lots of male friends who I get on with and yes, some I am even attracted to, but I don’t consider myself a cheat because I happen to have a connection with a member of the opposite sex who isn’t my boyfriend. I am sure he is attracted to other women too. It’s human.

I grew up around boys and have been best friends with them since I was 7 years old. I still get on better with them than I do with women. I couldn’t imagine being with someone who would ask me to give those friendships up.

Again, why is it only this one example?

Old 03-10-2011, 09:50 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
So?

Was this co-worker better for her? Would he make her happier? Did he show her the attention her husband would not?

Relationships end all the time. Sometimes under horrible circumstances, but people can’t deny their feelings. They shouldn’t have to live a lie if they are in love with someone else, don’t you think?

I don’t believe in this “emotional affair” rubbish. You kiss/blow/screw someone else, you’re cheating. That’s it. I have lots of male friends who I get on with and yes, some I am even attracted to, but I don’t consider myself a cheat because I happen to have a connection with a member of the opposite sex who isn’t my boyfriend. I am sure he is attracted to other women too. It’s human.

I once heard a brilliant quote that went something like this:
"You know you have achieved maturity when you dont have to screw everyone you're attracted to."
Sure wish I could remember where I heard/read that, because its sooooooo true.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:55 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
Low self esteem.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:57 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Quote:
So?

I grew up around boys and have been best friends with them since I was 7 years old. I still get on better with them than I do with women. I couldn’t imagine being with someone who would ask me to give those friendships up.

Because it does happen.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I once heard a brilliant quote that went something like this:
"You know you have achieved maturity when you dont have to screw everyone you're attracted to."
Sure wish I could remember where I heard/read that, because its sooooooo true.
So true!!!!!

If you can’t exercise self control, you’re better off single.

A tad off topic!

Feminism and so on… continue!

Old 03-10-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Low self esteem.
You think low self esteem makes someone a feminist??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies