Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 04:32 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,196 times

Advertisements

I never considered myself a feminist up until recently when I realised just how appalling I find the whole father giving his daughter away to her husband like some piece of land that comes with traditional marriage. It’s something I had never even thought about before.

I am of course also right behind women’s rights, e.g. equal pay etc.

Independent women to me are an inspiration. They have done it all on their own, without the help of any man. They are comfortable in their own skin, confident, and perfectly happy to be single. Does admiring these women make me a ball-breaking feminist? Does it make me delusional as "all women want to be married and those who say they don't are liars" in the eyes of some?

Feminism seems to have gained a rather ugly image. It is seen by a lot of people (mainly men) as something only “overweight bitter lesbians” take part in.

It’s also seen by a lot of people as women being unclear about what they want – some complain when a man doesn’t open the door/pull out their chair/pay the cheque, but then some become insulted when a man does these things. They find it degrading, i.e. I am an independent women and I am completely capable of doing these things myself, thank you very much.

So what do you think makes someone a feminist?

Last edited by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa*; 03-08-2011 at 04:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 04:49 PM

90 posts, read 153,792 times
Femenists don't have any intrest in men what so ever. So Femenists are basicly either asexual or lesbian.

I watched a little bit about a documentary about Femenism. And one of those hags said that all men rape, or would rape if they got the chance. They said complete networks of men who hate women() exist and their sole purpose is to basicly rape and kill women.

They also showed how these femenists had convinced a group of women that they were supposedly hunted by this secret network of men who hate women so they had to go hide in Norway.

Pretty much all of the Femenists in the documentary were Lesbians and all of them were convinced ALL men rape.

I could link to this Documentary(its on youtube)... But it's in Swedish. Sweden have probably the most extreme femenists in the World and the most of them. I assume you are in the U.S. I don't know if the Femenists over there are as extreme... But Swedish femenists are hardcore, they genuinly hate men, they remind me of Nazis... Blaming everything on men all the time, infact if you took that documentary and replaced the word "man" with the word "jew" every time it would come off as a typical Nazi propaganda video.

I hate everybody who hates me. So I feel nothing but pure hatred for femenists, and I wish them nothing but bad things.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:53 PM

81 posts, read 197,367 times
To me.. if a woman wants all the benefits of being a man without all the accompanying responsibilities of being a man then she is a feminist!

Old 03-08-2011, 04:53 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,676,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
I never considered myself a feminist up until recently when I realised just how appalling I find the whole father giving his daughter away to her husband like some piece of land that comes with traditional marriage.

its tradition. i wore a white wedding dress but i sure as heck wasnt a virgin LMAO

i think feminists are like what poker up there said.

i think manners are opening doors, pulling out chairs, etc.

im all for equal rights, but i also believe in chivalry. just because I CAN open a door or change a tire, doesn't mean i don't enjoy it when someone does it for me.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerby View Post
To me.. if a woman wants all the benefits of being a man without all the accompanying responsibilities of being a man then she is a feminist!
What are the benefits of being a man?

What are the accompanying responsbilities of being a man?

Old 03-08-2011, 04:58 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,400,032 times
What makes a woman a feminist? Jessica Valenti comes to my mind. I'm all for equal rights and still believe in chivalry, but I don't think I would consider myself a hard core feminist. The father giving the daughter away to her husband? It can be wrong but I guess finding the line is the right place to begin this. I guess some people would just take that whole picture out of proportion and twist it to say that it's not right...

Last edited by ho hey!; 03-08-2011 at 05:06 PM..

Old 03-08-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpokerpoker View Post
I feel nothing but pure hatred for femenists, and I wish them nothing but bad things.
I’m not a lesbian.

I love men.

But I also believe in equal pay and rights for women.

Do you hate me?

I don’t believe all men would rape if they got the chance. That’s ludicrous. Clearly it sounds like these women were quite extreme.

I do believe some men hate women though. I don’t know if this stems from the way their mother treated them or from other things. I have a friend who, after being stung too many times, believes all women are just sluts who will use you for your money, then leave you. I find his attitude very bitter and sad.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:00 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,825 times
I don't know when and how feminism became such a dirty word. To me it just means wanting women not to be oppressed by a male-dominated society, and to have choices that men typically have. A man can be a feminist if he cared about women's rights. I think of fanatics as "feminazis". It is really a disgrace to the feminist movement that the meaning has become so distorted.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:00 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,676,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
I’m not a lesbian.

I love men.

But I also believe in equal pay and rights for women.

Do you hate me?

I don’t believe all men would rape if they got the chance. That’s ludicrous. Clearly it sounds like these women were quite extreme.

I do believe some men hate women though. I don’t know if this stems from the way their mother treated them or from other things. I have a friend who, after being stung too many times, believes all women are just sluts who will use you for your money, then leave you. I find his attitude very bitter and sad.

nope, not at all. i dont hate anyone lol ( i know, you were referring to poker up there, i think).

theres varying extremes for everything- politics, religions, and yes, feminism. I don't consider myself a feminist but hell if I can't do (just about, im not an idiot) anything a man can LOL.

theres a lot of women like your friend too, women who think that all men only use them for their bodies or looks.

Just because you believe in equal rights, doesn't mean that you cant let a man be chivalrous and well mannered.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:02 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpokerpoker View Post
Femenists don't have any intrest in men what so ever. So Femenists are basicly either asexual or lesbian.

I watched a little bit about a documentary about Femenism. And one of those hags said that all men rape, or would rape if they got the chance. They said complete networks of men who hate women() exist and their sole purpose is to basicly rape and kill women.

They also showed how these femenists had convinced a group of women that they were supposedly hunted by this secret network of men who hate women so they had to go hide in Norway.

Pretty much all of the Femenists in the documentary were Lesbians and all of them were convinced ALL men rape.

I could link to this Documentary(its on youtube)... But it's in Swedish. Sweden have probably the most extreme femenists in the World and the most of them. I assume you are in the U.S. I don't know if the Femenists over there are as extreme... But Swedish femenists are hardcore, they genuinly hate men, they remind me of Nazis... Blaming everything on men all the time, infact if you took that documentary and replaced the word "man" with the word "jew" every time it would come off as a typical Nazi propaganda video.

I hate everybody who hates me. So I feel nothing but pure hatred for femenists, and I wish them nothing but bad things.
that seems quite an extreme case.

I think I'd be labelled a feminist, where in reality I am an equal opportunity seeker.

Open the door for me, its manners - I'd do the same for you.

Pay me the same as the guy sitting next to me. Afterall, I'm actually more knowledgable.

All men rape? No. I think these women are pushing another agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies