Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 10:50 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,578 times

Advertisements

New York Television Executive Gets 25 Years for Beheading Wife - FoxNews.com

Can someone please tell me why this guy has not been sentenced to swing from the end of a rope? And how is 25 years the maximum sentence the judge could impose? Obviously the lousy reporter has left off some critical information. I don't understand this sentence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 10:53 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,771 times
25 to life. It's the maximum sentence available in New York for second degree murder.

Let's see how many people in this thread realize that this wasn't a 25 year sentence, but 25 to life. My guess will be few.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:53 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
The same way laughner (SP, the guy who shot the lady in the head in AZ) is going to get off, being mental....

Old 03-09-2011, 10:59 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
He'll be there longer than 25 years.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ifes-head.html

Old 03-09-2011, 11:00 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
He'll be there longer than 25 years.

My guess...life. No parole board is going to even consider letting his ass out.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:01 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,718,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
25 to life. It's the maximum sentence available in New York for second degree murder.

Let's see how many people in this thread realize that this wasn't a 25 year sentence, but 25 to life. My guess will be few.
Does it matter?

So I assume he is ellgibile for Parole after 25 years, but you expect the parole board to not grant it and therefore he "most likely" will spend his entire life behind bars?

Is that supposed to be some alternative to death? I think not. I would not call it justice to any of the victims family who are thinking.... this guy might be free again.

Just in the last year I can think of several cases of parole boards releasing someone who has at least committed attempted murder and they got out and killed someone?

I can think of the gentleman right now in the news who murdered a 5 year old child and ate HIM! who is getting out of prison this august

you make the settle jesture as if people are making a big deal out of this thinking they guy only got 25 year.... But I ask you .... was justice served? Will Justice be served?

I say NO! If your a father, or other family member or even a friend, of someone who had their head cut off wouldn't you want to know the person who did will NEVER get out of prison....EVER?

Old 03-09-2011, 11:02 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post

Oh geez, I missed that in the article -- thanks. I wonder why the editors allow a title that is so misleading?

It does still seem a bit strange that he would be eligible for parole in 25 years, though.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:02 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
New York Television Executive Gets 25 Years for Beheading Wife - FoxNews.com

Can someone please tell me why this guy has not been sentenced to swing from the end of a rope? And how is 25 years the maximum sentence the judge could impose? Obviously the lousy reporter has left off some critical information. I don't understand this sentence.
As to the reporter's ability...we're talking Fox News here, so you shouldn't be surprised. I would've expected Fox to take a story like this and turn it into a new reality TV show.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:03 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
Does it matter?

So I assume he is ellgibile for Parole after 25 years, but you expect the parole board to not grant it and therefore he "most likely" will spend his entire life behind bars?

Is that supposed to be some alternative to death? I think not. I would not call it justice to any of the victims family who are thinking.... this guy might be free again.

Just in the last year I can think of several cases of parole boards releasing someone who has at least committed attempted murder and they got out and killed someone?

I can think of the gentleman right now in the news who murdered a 5 year old child and ate HIM! who is getting out of prison this august

So though make a settle jesture I ask you .... was justice served? Will Justice be served?

I say NO!

Then write the NY Governor.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:03 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
Quote:
Together, the Hassans started the Muslim-oriented Bridges TV network as a way to counter negative media images of Muslims after 9/11 and build cultural understanding.

Ironic, isn't it?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies