Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2011, 05:15 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,578,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Not necessarily. But don't you think she should be informed about the life she is killing and make a decision based on facts, not on emotions? I'm glad you support ignorance.
Why the assumption that she is not informed? How do you know this woman has not read up on fetal development? How do you know the clinic has not discussed fetal development. Sorry, but proposing this ultrasound has nothing to do with education, and everything to do with emotional manipulation. To believe othwerwise would be exceedingly naive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 05:39 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Not necessarily.

I don't see a body or a beating heart here.

Nor does it matter.
Well, of course you don't. You got the wrong picture, no surprise there;

Second Trimester Ultrasound Gallery - Ultrasound Pictures from the 2nd Trimester of Pregnancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
This picture is of an embryo that has not implanted in the endometrium yet. That is NOT what an abortion is terminating. How about you knock off the hyperbole and get some REAL facts?
See above.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:40 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,622,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Well, that's incredible. So viewing an ultrasound will provide a woman with money to raise a child? Viewing an ultrasound will provide a woman with the support system needed to raise a child? Viewing an ultrasound will provide a woman with the maturity needed to raise a child? Viewing an ultrasound will provide a woman with the stability needed to raise a child? All of the reasons she had for not bringing a child into the world are going to miraculously change once she views the ultrasound? The miracles of modern emdicine. This is nothing more than unashamed emotional manipulation, and this is all about the pro-lifers getting their way. If they seriously had the best interests of the child at heart as opposed to the embryo, they would not resort to these ridiculous tactics.
You've said a lot, but what What I'm reading from you is that it's better to just kill the kid because he'll have a crappy life anyway. Is that about it?

Old 03-15-2011, 07:01 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
You've said a lot, but what What I'm reading from you is that it's better to just kill the kid because he'll have a crappy life anyway. Is that about it?
Yeah, that seems like the gist of it. Because the kid may be poor with a not so perfect home environment, that's enough to justify the abortion.

Similar to those women who are willing to abort but can't stand the thought of carrying through and putting the baby up for an adoption.

Again, what exactly is the harm of being required to hear a heartbeat before snuffing it out?

Old 03-15-2011, 07:14 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinC View Post
Eleanora is absolutely right! The contradictions of a political party advocating having personal freedoms, individual rights, less Government, less intrusion of Government into people's lives and then want to form a special Government "We want to know what is going on up in there" committee and have a "No zygote left behind, no vagina left unturned" policy are evident. This is a matter of a bunch of self-righteous in your face religious zealots trying to shove their particular brand of morality down everyone else's throats whether they like it or not!

Even if I am not all that keen on abortion, I am even LESS keen on this intrusive invasion of individual rights. At the 8 weeks along stage of the game, it IS in fact a clump of cells that has no human thoughts, feels no pain and has no nervous system as of yet. A woman should not be forced to bring a child into the world that she is not financially, mentally or emotionally prepared to deal with. The quality of life of both the mother and the child come into question and a woman completely unready and unprepared to deal with the rigors of raising a child being forced to do so against her will is flat out wrong. A young woman makes a mistake so she should be forced to deal with it for the rest of her life? She should be "guilt-tripped" into having a child she is unprepared to raise?

A little birth-control fundamentals can go a long way toward avoiding an unwanted pregnancy before it ever becomes an issue of having to get an abortion but a teenager getting pregnant is the equivalent of a baby having a baby. Having the baby can mean missed opportunites for education and advancement in life, destroying opportunities and forcing her into a very difficult situation that she is unable or completely unprepared to contend with which undoubtedly would have a detrimental effect on the child's quality of life factor.

Even if I am not too keen on abortion, I don't feel I have any right to tell a woman whether she can get an abortion or not, nor should the Government, nor should a bunch of religious nut cases... that very difficult decision should be solely up to the woman involved. I am strongly against violations of individual human rights of any kind and a woman should have the say on whatever is going on with their body, no one else. Human rights do not apply to a clump of cellular matter that has no brain function, no sense of pain, no human thoughts and no nervous system so at that point is not a human being yet.
Great post!

"""The contradictions of a political party advocating having personal freedoms, individual rights, less Government, less intrusion of Government into people's lives and then want to form a special Government "We want to know what is going on up in there" committee and have a "No zygote left behind, no vagina left unturned" policy are evident. This is a matter of a bunch of self-righteous in your face religious zealots trying to shove their particular brand of morality down everyone else's throats whether they like it or not!"""

And shows the Obvious hypocrisy of righties.

They ONLY believe in smaller government when it comes to things like HELPING the OTHERS, the poor, the LIVING ...THAT they object to.

But anything that benefits THEM , no matter how big government gets, is OK with them....

Old 03-15-2011, 07:15 AM

38,006 posts, read 22,193,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defective14 View Post
Anyways, in before baby murder propaganda and Christians who feel they have the right to judge everyone but themselves!

*Source Article: Texas approves bill requiring sonogram before abortion | The Raw Story *
We get it, abortion good, babies bad.

If a woman gets raped, why would she wait over two weeks before getting checked by a doctor, to make sure she is okay and to ensure she will not become pregnant?

Old 03-15-2011, 07:17 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,831,688 times
Please note abortion is a control issue not a moral issue. The goal of the anti abortion folks is to maintain complete economic and political control of women by using forced pregnancy as their primary threat. The men involved do not appear to be willing to take responsibility for the woman and child but are still willing to use the threat of pregnancy to force women to conform to the male standards. These standards are based on ownership and control of women for the benefit of the male population not the freedom of the women as individuals. Women are people not pets or property.

I make a point of never demanding of other what I would not tolerate anyone demanding of me. If I were female I would never tolerate someone telling me I had to remain pregnant. As I am male I would not tell any woman she had to remain pregnant. I am a free individual and prefer the company of other free individuals. Women included.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:31 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,563,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Please note abortion is a control issue not a moral issue. The goal of the anti abortion folks is to maintain complete economic and political control of women by using forced pregnancy as their primary threat. The men involved do not appear to be willing to take responsibility for the woman and child but are still willing to use the threat of pregnancy to force women to conform to the male standards. These standards are based on ownership and control of women for the benefit of the male population not the freedom of the women as individuals. Women are people not pets or property.

I make a point of never demanding of other what I would not tolerate anyone demanding of me. If I were female I would never tolerate someone telling me I had to remain pregnant. As I am male I would not tell any woman she had to remain pregnant. I am a free individual and prefer the company of other free individuals. Women included.
Some think taking life is wrong except in certain situations (rape, danger to mother). Using abortion like it's a contraceptive has gone too far in America.
A friend of my son has had 3 abortions so far and she's barely 20. And she is not poor by any means.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:39 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,065,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
We get it, abortion good, babies bad.

If a woman gets raped, why would she wait over two weeks before getting checked by a doctor, to make sure she is okay and to ensure she will not become pregnant?
How uninformed you are. Many women do not report being raped because they cannot face what they have to go through to try and prosecute their rapist.

Women who are raped are: 1. severely traumatized by the rape, then 2. traumatized again by the system when reporting the rape. Many women simply cannot face the added trauma of reporting the rape. And, 3. maybe the rapist said he would come back and kill her or her family if she reports the rape, maybe she is just too afraid to report the rape.

Please, get educated on the subject before you presume to tell a woman what you think she "should" do.

Do you even know what the taking of a "rape kit" involves?

I suggest you find out.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:47 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,168,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

A great post....it would be a miracle if the self-righteous, who consider themselves perfect(Pride=Sin) would read it slowly and at least attempt to understand it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies