Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 07:09 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,402,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Frankly Hillary was stupid to stick with the assignment this long under Obama's blatant ineptness.

Yep, She should have been offered the job while "Turd Blossom" was in power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 07:39 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,367,546 times
I loved Hill's comment that she "is, like, moving on." Moving on to where? Co-host with Oprah?

Clinton has been an absolute disaster as Sec of State. The world is going through momentous times, with multiple opportunities for the United States to effect lasting change without military adventures, and she does what? Dedicates herself to the advancement of women? With her the queen of the ball?

Total fool. A hole in the air.

Meaning that she will definitely be in the race for the Wihte House in 2016.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:19 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,429,469 times
My bet is on another Presidential bid. She sure is not going to announce that she is interested in running at this point.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:20 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,804,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
It gives the impression that Hilary is rejecting Obama. Absolutely wrong. The Pub narrative continues to stink and distort. Quite a shame this society has such an element present.

Also, Obama WILL be reelected.
I agree but newsmax knows it's audience. Tell them everything they want to hear. These same people were selling Hillary nutcracker dolls 90's to present tense. Hillary Clinton Nutcracker - Hillary Nutcracker Doll
Notice the crickets from the right when she's the hawk defending their pet issues (military secure communications/ Assange)?

If she doesn't want the duty beyond a certain date looks to me she's doing that for personal and professional reasons. She's 64 yrs old and has endured political/ public scrutiny since 1979. A few in office have decided the better use of their time was engaging think tanks. Service is service is service.

America has rough water ahead and it's best we all be prepared. The trade deficit unattended for 40 odd yrs has been a steady devaluation of American standards and USD that sees no end in sight. Warren Buffet dubbed the plan sharecropping with foreign ownership. That's exactly where we've been headed from the onset of 'free trade' which is a misnomer for corporate piracy operating in ports of convenience getting around slavery. Not many heard Ross Perot's message too busy mocking his ears. I heard him just fine. Anyone care to go back in archives? He's no longer involved in politics. Why?

Old 03-16-2011, 08:31 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,217,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
WASHINGTON — Hillary Clinton says she does not want to stay on as secretary of state if President Barack Obama wins re-election in 2012.
Clinton told CNN on Wednesday that she is happy in her current role and does not want to become president, vice president or defense secretary. In an interview in Cairo, Clinton says she has no interest in running for president in 2016 and plans to spend the next two years at the State Department.
Some have speculated Clinton could move to the Pentagon or mount another White House campaign.

Clinton: No Interest in Job If Obama Wins in 2012
I had to do a double take...
Quote:
WASHINGTON — Hillary Clinton says she does not want to stay on as secretary of state

Clinton told CNN on Wednesday that she is happy in her current role
She doesnt sound very happy if she doesnt want to stay on...

Old 03-16-2011, 08:37 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,894,043 times
Me thinks Hilliary was "unprepared" for the job of Secretary of State... how she ever expected to be President should bewilder other people... I am glad she wasn't elected, she was as corrupted as they came... anyone who has "tax-exempt" foundations and is profoundly wealthy is by definition already corrupt IMO....

Old 03-16-2011, 08:38 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,804,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I loved Hill's comment that she "is, like, moving on." Moving on to where? Co-host with Oprah?

Clinton has been an absolute disaster as Sec of State. The world is going through momentous times, with multiple opportunities for the United States to effect lasting change without military adventures, and she does what? Dedicates herself to the advancement of women? With her the queen of the ball?

Total fool. A hole in the air.

Meaning that she will definitely be in the race for the Wihte House in 2016.
Why U.S. Policy is So Bad: An Analysis of the Current Policymaking Process | World Opinion and Editorial Right Side News (http://www.rightsidenews.com/2011030913005/editorial/world-opinion-and-editorial/why-us-policy-is-so-bad-an-analysis-of-the-current-policymaking-process.html - broken link)
Quote:
In one group there are those with relatively more experience and a realistic view of the situation, especially Secretary of State Hilary Clinton, Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, and the uniformed military. Reading remarks from these quarters carefully shows subtle deviations from the White House line. They tend to see Iran as more of a threat and favor(ed) alignments with existing Arab regimes while being more skeptical of change and of Islamist groups.
[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-17-2011 at 08:13 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 03-16-2011, 08:48 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,367,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Why U.S. Policy is So Bad: An Analysis of the Current Policymaking Process | World Opinion and Editorial Right Side News (http://www.rightsidenews.com/2011030913005/editorial/world-opinion-and-editorial/why-us-policy-is-so-bad-an-analysis-of-the-current-policymaking-process.html - broken link)

'Fool' says so much more of the beholder than the intended target. Particularly when referencing the "Wihte" house.
"Fool" is the label she's stuck with unless objective facts, not opinons, evidence otherwise. Being cheated on by her husband might have won her New York, and the love of midde-aged female voters nationwide. It has not made her effective in any way on the international stage, as events have unrolled around her during her many unexplained absences. The President shunts her to photo-ops, to gatherings of overfed feminists, and otherwise ignores her embarrassing ignorance of world affairs.

Hillary the Fool. The choice of Fools. Most likely our next Fool President.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:06 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,317,078 times
Quote:
WASHINGTON — Hillary Clinton says she does not want to stay on as secretary of state if President Barack Obama wins re-election in 2012.
Clinton told CNN on Wednesday that she is happy in her current role and does not want to become president, vice president or defense secretary. In an interview in Cairo, Clinton says she has no interest in running for president in 2016 and plans to spend the next two years at the State Department.
Some have speculated Clinton could move to the Pentagon or mount another White House campaign.

Colin Powell said "No" to a second term with George W. Bush Jr.

I can't say that I blame him one bit. He tried to be a "Team Player" and ended up getting his reputation trashed in the whole fake WMD mess.

Paul H. O'Neill decide that he didn't even want to serve a full term as Treasury Secretary.

John ******** was a one term Attorney General

The reality is in many cases cabinet secretaries serve one term for a variety of reasons.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:44 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,327,122 times
Default I am getting out of here in 2012.

It seems that Hillary says she won't run in 2012 but that she is not having enough fun at her job to keep it beyond the end of the four years. I wonder what she really means with these words.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies