Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2011, 08:20 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
Most of the problems really come down to White people not having enough kids, their population is starting to go the way of the dinosaur.
Stop the hyperventilating and fear mongering (or is it gleeful giddiness?). It is a natural progression when a population reached economic maturity that birth rates decline or stabilize. Japan, several countries in Europe, etc. Populations do not just "go away" without major external forces acting upon them like war or genocide... they ebb and flow like tides, and have throughout history, across all races.

For god's sake in 19 years in the mid-20th century, 75 million babies were born!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaos
If they had as many kids as Hispanics do, then guess what ? Those young white folks would be the ones buying homes in "their" neighborhood and not young Hispanic people. There is just alot more young Hispanic/Black/Asian/Muslim people in the general population that there are Whites. Someone has to buy those homes afterall.
People shouldn't have children to fill up houses. Maybe new houses shouldn't be built. Explosive population growth is NOT good for the environment, NOT good for resource allocation and NOT good for maintaining a standard of living that we have become accustomed to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaos
And even without immigration this country would never be like it was in 1900. The black population is growing fast to. So if Hispanics were not here then America would be a Black majority country in the far future instead. The black population nearly tripled from 1950 to today, the White one did not even come close to doubling in those years. Just pure math. /shrug.
Without immigration, the black population would mirror white population growth (or decline) in the future as blacks continued to reach economic parity.

In the future, it will become increasingly difficult to label people. Inter-ethnic and inter-racial marriage will make all of your nostradamus predictions fly out the window.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 08:13 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialrequest View Post
I think you misunderstand me, if you look at my original post in this thread, I admit to there being a big illegal immigration problem. I am not saying I want to let in unlimited immigration. I do not try to say I know the answer to this problem. My point is that I feel that there are those that use the problem to attack hispanics in general, and attack their culture as well, a culture that I have found interesting and one like many that has given things to the melting pot that is the U.S. I am not looking to go back to 1900, far from it-far too many people think that they can go back to some point in history that they have some sort of nostalgia for. I am saying that if you look at the trends in population in this country, the white european anglo or whatever you wish to call them is going to be a small minority of the population of this country (and the world for that matter) and there is nothing that is going to stop that. I am just saying that it would be wiser to accept the fact. I hear a lot of people using rhetoric and scare tactics regarding immigration as a way to vent about their racist feelings for hispanics. I have heared complaints about neighborhoods being 'over run' and the like, but if you look at any major city, there are areas that become enclaves to different ethnicities- it is just human nature to stick with those who share your beliefs, cultures, etc. in Chicago there are Polish neighborhoods, Italian neighborhoods, Indian neighborhoods, etc. It becomes tiring to hear hispanics singled out for behaviors as immigrants that all the other waves of immigrants-i.e. Irish, Swedish, Poles, Germans, etc. did when they came over here in waves in the past.
Sure their cultures might be fine but then why don't they ever immigrate to hispanic countries and insist on their amnesties and welfare handouts in them?

The fact is, the high unemployment rates in the USA show that immigration really has nothing to do with coming for jobs. And just try to cut off some of the many handouts that really encourage this huge flood of people pouring in.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:18 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The white population is contracepting and aborting themselves out of existence really. It's already too late. No population has ever come back to majority when they got as low as the white population is now. We just need to accept it.
Abortion of course is just wrong, but one problem in these hispanic nations that causes so many millions of them to come here is they breed irresponsibly. They cannot afford their kids in their own countries where they speak the language and know the culture. That's because they're having them at very young ages, and they have very many of them. Then they use the excuse that as they cannot feed their kids back home, they must be allowed to come here in unlimited numbers and with no rules at all to limit how many come.

When they get here, they certainly cannot afford health insurance policies, they cannot afford those very large families without food stamps and WIC. And our high unemployment rates don't justify the huge rates of immigration.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:22 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
A good controversial read about immigration and social contracts.

"Camp of the Saints" written in 1973 and translated from French to English.
Available for free in PDF, ebook and other forms or you can buy paper version on Amazon

The Camp of the Saints - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Camp of the Saints : Jean Raspail : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

The above is fiction, written over 30 years ago by a Frenchman.
But..sometimes fiction becomes fact....

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...-rhetoric.html
"As boats carrying hundreds of Africans set sail for a better life in Europe, they were met on Italy’s Lampedusa island with two words by a 5-foot, 8-inch blonde: go away."

Old 03-20-2011, 09:57 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Default Having babies with a plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
What are all those hispanics doing in Mississippi! Another state that surprises me is Vermont.
Wonder what the welfare provides in these states. People don't come to Idaho for welfare, you have to get a job when your child turns 2.

I believe they only allow a certain number of children to be on it. Stop the welfare, they will not be able to afford to breed. They are trying to take over AMERICA and break us.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:51 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,859 times
Considering that immigrants have much higher birthrates than native-born Americans, there will continue to be more and more kids that have to be educated through high school. Considering that minorities get paid even less than white people, they aren't going to be paying the bulk of taxes necessary to educate all these kids.

Let alone the effect on the future workforce, which is already bloated with far too few jobs for the population.

"The Pew projections also offer a unique analysis of immigrants' role by taking into account the different birth rates of first-, second-, and third-generation immigrants. The authors estimate that immigrants arriving after 2005, and their children and grandchildren, will account for 82 percent of the population growth between 2005 and 2050." http://www.prb.org/Articles/2008/pewprojections.aspx

Old 03-20-2011, 01:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Considering that immigrants have much higher birthrates than native-born Americans, there will continue to be more and more kids that have to be educated through high school. Considering that minorities get paid even less than white people, they aren't going to be paying the bulk of taxes necessary to educate all these kids.

Let alone the effect on the future workforce, which is already bloated with far too few jobs for the population.

"The Pew projections also offer a unique analysis of immigrants' role by taking into account the different birth rates of first-, second-, and third-generation immigrants. The authors estimate that immigrants arriving after 2005, and their children and grandchildren, will account for 82 percent of the population growth between 2005 and 2050." U.S. Population Could Reach 438 Million by 2050, and Immigration Is Key - Population Reference Bureau
Besides the regular education, many of these kids need special services over and above curriculum education.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:02 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
I'm foreign-born myself, but I'm sick and tired of all that Hispanic pampering! There are plenty of other foreigners in this country who manage to make it somehow without signs in their languages, buttons for their languages, forms in their languages, etc. What makes Hispanics soooo special?! Their friggin' laziness?! If you go live in a foreign country, you learn its language!

Old 03-20-2011, 01:09 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'm foreign-born myself, but I'm sick and tired of all that Hispanic pampering! There are plenty of other foreigners in this country who manage to make it somehow without signs in their languages, buttons for their languages, forms in their languages, etc. What makes Hispanics soooo special?! Their friggin' laziness?! If you go live in a foreign country, you learn its language!
Their numbers maybe I guess if blacks spoke a common, different language, say Yoruba, you would see the same thing.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:25 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,309,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Eugenics has long been a favorite tactic of racists.

In this day and age there is no way you are going to achieve forced sterilization in this country.
You force them to be responsible by stopping welfare after 2 kids and offering free sterilization. There is nothing racist about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies