Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2011, 02:42 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,372,847 times

Advertisements

US-born hispanics will speak English and will help to pay Social Security, I don't see the problem.They're like Germans 2 century ago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 05:32 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahnyc View Post
There is if the majority actually stood up and protected themselves. This country has gone from 90% White in the 60s to what it is today...

Has this change benefited us? More than likely not.

The rates of legal and illegal immigration are ridiculous and there is no benefit to the Middle Class from this nonsense. I don't know why this was pushed on us, I certainly don't remember anyone asking for it.

The idea that White Americans would voluntarily commit ethnic suicide makes me ill; then again all of Europe is doing it too and cheering it on.
I'm a dark boy myself, and an immigrant but I believe in controlled immigration. Take China, India or the Arab world. They do have immigration, but they still have the national face. That is not the case with America as the immigration floodgates have been opened by the establishment, and its very face is rapidly changing for the worse.

When you open the floodgates, you get the cream and the scum. While the cream betters the country, the scum always brings it down twice as much.

Old 03-24-2011, 05:40 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
America started as an English Puritan country than became infested with British Cavaliers followed by the Scots and Irish then German along with the Chinese and Japanese on the West Coast and the Mexicans that were already there way before the Puritans. Now we are being "invaded" by brownish people speaking Spanish. So what after a generation they become fine American Citizens and patriots. They just have a different second language.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:15 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
We do need yearly limits on immigration.

Also immigrants need to keep this in mind.

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt,

Old 03-24-2011, 01:55 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful Jellal View Post
US-born hispanics will speak English and will help to pay Social Security, I don't see the problem.They're like Germans 2 century ago
Oh Really? I don't recall seeing German signs anywhere, nor do I have to "press 2 for German". Germans seem to be smart enough to learn English when they come here, & I also don't recall seeing them marching in American streets, demanding handouts & waving the American flag while stomping on/burning the American flag. My father is 100% German, an Air Force vet, and had NO problem learning the language & becoming AMERICAN.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
We do need yearly limits on immigration.

Also immigrants need to keep this in mind.

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt,
http://bestsmileys.com/usa1/19.gif (broken link) http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/7.gif (broken link)http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/7.gif (broken link)http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/7.gif (broken link) http://bestsmileys.com/usa1/16.gif (broken link)

Old 03-24-2011, 02:07 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And this is where liberals show their hypocrisy most. They pretend to care about the environment and overpopulation except when it comes to massive cheap labor immigration. Then it's open the doors and pay the Medicaid and food stamps to entice them to come and reproduce like rabbits.

Now extremely high reproductive rates and population rates are good. As long as it's the correct people increasing their population at extemely high rates, it's all great.
really? what BS! the only people who love cheap labor are white Conservative business owners who would feed grains of bird seed to immigrants if they could!
The same exact reason why business owners in America exported American jobs overseas!

GregW? every hispanic knows you have to be fluent in English to make it in corporate America! Otherwise your carrer is regulated to a fast food franchise!

Last edited by MiamiRob; 03-24-2011 at 02:18 PM..

Old 03-24-2011, 02:35 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post

So what happens when Whites are the minority?

Do they get scholarships, and loans and contracts from the government that minorities get?

Or will they ever be considered the minority really?

Old 03-24-2011, 02:39 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post

Do they get scholarships, and loans and contracts from the government that minorities get?
And preferential hiring, too. Hey, a minority is a minority.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post

Or will they ever be considered the minority really?
Doubt it. one day people will wake up & realize just where illegal immigration is taking this country. States are going broke due to it, one day people will stand up & decide they aren't going to take it anymore, & decide they are sick of all the free rides & unemployment. Seems to me that day is getting closer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies