Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 06:57 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times

Advertisements

The rates of ignorance, racism, and xenophobia in this thread are reaching epic proportions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 07:00 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I look forward to Spanish becoming our official language :-P
Bah, why couldn't we be infiltrated by French or Italians? I like those languages better!

Old 07-07-2011, 07:04 AM

199 posts, read 365,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahnyc View Post
I don't understand why White people, and only White people, need to promote becoming minorities in their own countries. I don't see the Asians or Africans doing this.

Keep Europe White, that's what Asia and Africa are doing. Why is it somehow bad for White people to want this too?
Sarah, if you live in New York City and you still hold those views, you must be quite unhappy or very old. Perhaps certain regions of the Southeast would suit your worldview better. The weather is fantastic, by U.S. standards, though cities like Atlanta, Savannah and Charleston might not suit you, as they have become quite diverse. (You might love Tallapoosa, Alabama, though.)

Old 07-07-2011, 09:51 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I absolutely agree with you burdell that illegal immigrants were abused by US employers back in the day. This is not the past and large employers are not going to risk their companies by hiring illegals now
Border Fence Firm Snared for Hiring Illegal Workers : NPR

Philadelphia Businesses Fined For Hiring Illegal Immigrant Workers - Other Employment Law Issues - Philadelphia Employment Law News

multiple incidents showing companies still hiring illegal workers:
ICE: Few firms fined for hiring illegal workers

So, clearly there are still multiple LARGE business' continuing to hire illegal labor. Including those who are servicing contracts w/ security and sensitive customers/sites.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:04 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Another state that surprises me is Vermont.

Persons of Hispanic or Latino origin, percent, 2010 (b) 1.5% (http://http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/50000.html - broken link)

Yes, they're up to 1.5% of the population here. Why at that rate we'll be overrun by . . .

Never mind.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:21 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Default Evidence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And this is where liberals show their hypocrisy most. They pretend to care about the environment and overpopulation except when it comes to massive cheap labor immigration. Then it's open the doors and pay the Medicaid and food stamps to entice them to come and reproduce like rabbits.

Now extremely high reproductive rates and population rates are good. As long as it's the correct people increasing their population at extemely high rates, it's all great.

Can't fix stupid.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:25 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,606,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Looks the economic trends of the United States:

A decreasing middle class

More people living below the poverty level or in need of public assistance

An increasing wealth gap as incomes for the richest 10% continue to grow while middle class incomes stagnate.

It looks like we are well on your way.

The irony here is the economy in places like Brazil, Colombia and other South American countries are growing and their middle class is increasing.
Booming while we slowly die...

Old 12-05-2011, 11:34 PM

701 posts, read 1,032,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And this is where liberals show their hypocrisy most. They pretend to care about the environment and overpopulation except when it comes to massive cheap labor immigration. Then it's open the doors and pay the Medicaid and food stamps to entice them to come and reproduce like rabbits.

Now extremely high reproductive rates and population rates are good. As long as it's the correct people increasing their population at extemely high rates, it's all great.
And the "right people" are rednecks, I assume?

Old 12-06-2011, 12:30 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
I couldn't possibly care less. Whites have been the majority all of my life and i've done ok. Don't see why more Hispanics would make any difference. Well, at least not to me it doesn't.

(shrugs shoulders)

Old 04-24-2013, 08:57 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,107,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I couldn't possibly care less. Whites have been the majority all of my life and i've done ok. Don't see why more Hispanics would make any difference. Well, at least not to me it doesn't.

(shrugs shoulders)
hispanic are also white. just look at miami's census data
White persons, percent, 2011 (a) 77.5%
White persons not Hispanic, percent, 2011 16.0%
Persons of Hispanic or Latino Origin, percent, 2011 (b) 64.5%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies