Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 11:00 PM

46,979 posts, read 26,033,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Of course, people thought Galileo Galilei was a "loon," too, so I guess we are in good company
To wear the mantle of Galileo, it's not enough to support a minority viewpoint. You also have to be right.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:00 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,091,534 times
Quote:
On a serious note, I know that nurses are bogged down and extremely busy, just as I was working in upper management of Alzheimer's facilities. Like I said, I am trained to remember thousands of names and dates of people I have never even met because they are all dead But surely at least ONE person from the hospital would remember something? Even Alzheimer's patients remember events from 50 years ago when they can't remember what happened in the last 5 minutes.
I am only 5 years older than the president.

I know for a fact that everyone present at my birth is dead. This includes the attending physician and the L&D nurse... both of whom were personal family friends.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:02 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,334,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
To wear the mantle of Galileo, it's not enough to support a minority viewpoint. You also have to be right.
The papalwork said he was wrong.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:04 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,091,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
For every crackpot that was eventually vindicated by history as right, there are ten thousand crackpots who resolutely remained crackpots.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:13 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,573,754 times
Quote:
A blogger at ObamaCitizenshipFacts.org pointed out that West could not possibly have delivered Obama since, according to a Hawaiian Pearl Harbor history website, he retired in 1956, five years before Obama’s birth. “December of l956, after delivering at least 5,000 babies … he retired from the practice of medicine,” said the Pearl Harbor Survivors Project website.
for cryin out loud, you people truly need to stop making things up to cover his sorry arse. Abercrombie wanted to prove to us birthers that we were wrong - and he came up empty. There is no birth certificate here, because he was born in Kenya. Granny was savvy, and knew he'd have a better future if she conjured up a pretense of his being born in the U.S, she was no dummy, and it was easy to do. Besides that, even if he was born here, which he wasn't, he'd be a duel citizen, because his father was Kenyan. He's ineligible, he's a fraud, and has no respect for our Constitution. Remember, he said the sweetest sound in the world was the Islamic call to prayer.
quit watching MSNBC

Old 04-10-2011, 11:19 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,203,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
for cryin out loud, you people truly need to stop making things up to cover his sorry arse. Abercrombie wanted to prove to us birthers that we were wrong - and he came up empty. There is no birth certificate here, because he was born in Kenya. Granny was savvy, and knew he'd have a better future if she conjured up a pretense of his being born in the U.S, she was no dummy, and it was easy to do. Besides that, even if he was born here, which he wasn't, he'd be a duel citizen, because his father was Kenyan. He's ineligible, he's a fraud, and has no respect for our Constitution. Remember, he said the sweetest sound in the world was the Islamic call to prayer.
quit watching MSNBC
The doctor was born in 1910, that would mean he retired at 46, other sources say he didn't retire until 1975 at age 65, which makes much more sense, the doctor's niece said that he delivered her in 1961, same year as Obama, and he delivered over 5000 babies at Kapi`olani Maternity Hospital. Even if he wasn't the doctor who delivered him, he still could have heard about it, being a prominent OB in the area, and then told her the story, that makes more sense than any birther story about a Kenyan birth. The difference is that the truth of Obama being born in the US is not dependent upon stories, or rumors, there is a valid legal birth certificate, birth announcements, and proclamations from a Republican governor, and the head of the Health department who personally viewed his birth records.

My point is that people are saying that if someone at the hospital, including a roommate had remembered the birth it would make a difference, but birthers won't even believe legal documents, nothing will ever be enough for them.

Last edited by detshen; 04-11-2011 at 12:20 AM..

Old 04-10-2011, 11:21 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,321,711 times
Quote:
On a serious note, I know that nurses are bogged down and extremely busy, just as I was working in upper management of Alzheimer's facilities. Like I said, I am trained to remember thousands of names and dates of people I have never even met because they are all dead But surely at least ONE person from the hospital would remember something? Even Alzheimer's patients remember events from 50 years ago when they can't remember what happened in the last 5 minutes.
Why, I'm sure if they had known that Obama was going to grow up to be a president they all would have made it a point to remember his birth.

And maybe you're trained to "remember thousands of names and dates of people"---why is still a mystery---but many of the nurses and aids I run into don't bother. Instead, they call everyone "dear" or "honey."

Old 04-10-2011, 11:23 PM

22,194 posts, read 19,481,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
quit watching MSNBC
A STATE CERTIFIED AND VERIFIED LEGAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE was released to the public almost three years ago. If you do not believe in LEGAL DOCUMENTS and THE ACTUAL LAW, well then its your loss

Old 04-10-2011, 11:39 PM

46,979 posts, read 26,033,054 times
Quote:
Remember, he said the sweetest sound in the world was the Islamic call to prayer.
Actually, he said "one of the prettiest sounds" (NYT March 6th 2007), but look at the bright side - at least you didn't open your post with a request for people to stop making things up. Because then you'd look like a bit of a hypocrite.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:04 AM

13 posts, read 24,652 times
Quote:
Let me ask you this...if we were questioning the birth of McCain or Palin because they refused to show proper documentation, would you still be calling us "loons?" Of course, people thought Galileo Galilei was a "loon," too, so I guess we are in good company

For the record, I don't have any names to call you for believing differently than me. Must be because I was raised by parents who taught me some manners and to be respectful of other's opinions
Refused to show proper identification? Excuse me?

Obama has disclosed all proper identification needed to be qualified to serve as president of the United States. He has produced his birth certificate and if you're not satisfied the documentation shown then tough luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies