Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 03:12 PM

335 posts, read 376,150 times

Advertisements

So much for supporting the majority of Americans.

The majority of States want Obamacare gone. The latest Rasmussen poll shows the support against obamacare, among those polled, is not even close.
Health Care Law - Rasmussen Reports™

Yet the GOP goes along with a bill, not to defund it, but expand it. One that was not acted on last year. They are just as bad as the Dems. They only pander to the loud minority voice.

The bill involving veterinarians, and GOP support can be found with links from here:

House Leadership Let Obamacare Expansion Pass | RedState

I didn't see this posted as of yet. If it was, sorry for the double post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 03:17 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,827,646 times
Rasmussen is the fox news of polls and isn't reliable. The majority of people want healthcare reform, but think it needs to be altered as it doesn't go far enough.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:20 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,978,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Rasmussen is the fox news of polls and isn't reliable. The majority of people want healthcare reform, but think it needs to be altered as it doesn't go far enough.
No, the majority want reform but NOT socialized medicine. They want choice and affordability while keeping the federal government OUT of it! Only hte extreme far left, which is by no means the majority, thinks it did not go far enough.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post

Do you have any evidence to support your claim? Any independent polls to support Obamacare?

You do know that 26 states is also a majority with only 50 states, correct?

But I'd like to see majority poll information to support what you say here.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:24 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,191,991 times
This has NOTHING to do with Obamacare, even if the title of the story says it does

Its a NEW bill, to increase the number of veterinarians using federal subsidies to fund loans. Even if Obamacare dies due to a Supreme Court challenge, this one moves forward.. They have NOTHING to do with one another

This isnt expanding Obamacare, this has nothing to do with REQUIRING people to become a veterinarian. This is no different than offering loans to students to go to school..

Old 03-18-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
This has NOTHING to do with Obamacare, even if the title of the story says it does

Its a NEW bill, to increase the number of veterinarians using federal subsidies to fund loans. Even if Obamacare dies due to a Supreme Court challenge, this one moves forward.. They have NOTHING to do with one another

This isnt expanding Obamacare, this has nothing to do with REQUIRING people to become a veterinarian
No wonder people are not very aware, I don't think they read anything they don't want to know about, or they have poor comprehension skills.

"One of the bill’s provisions expands the Public Health Workforce Loan Repayment Program—a loan program created in Obamacare (Title V, Section 5204)—to include veterinarians in the definition of eligible public health officials.
After Obamacare was enacted, Democrats recognized that the loan program would not cover veterinarians and so they passed legislation late last year to expand its scope."

Old 03-18-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post
No wonder people are not very aware, I don't think they read anything they don't want to know about, or they have poor comprehension skills.

"One of the bill’s provisions expands the Public Health Workforce Loan Repayment Program—a loan program created in Obamacare (Title V, Section 5204)—to include veterinarians in the definition of eligible public health officials.
After Obamacare was enacted, Democrats recognized that the loan program would not cover veterinarians and so they passed legislation late last year to expand its scope."
I very much read the link, every single word of it..

Obamacare created a loan program. True..
But Obamacare did not FUND that loan program for vets

So this is a NEW bill, that will fund a loan program for vets, even if Obamacare is repealed...

And for the record, I disagree with the GOP on this, but that doesnt mean they are linked. Just because one dies, doesnt mean the other one will die, in fact its the opposite. If Obamacare dies, this will continue to exist.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
I very much read the link, every single word of it..

Obamacare created a loan program. True..
But Obamacare did not FUND that loan program for vets

So this is a NEW bill, that will fund a loan program for vets, even if Obamacare is repealed...

And for the record, I disagree with the GOP on this, but that doesnt mean they are linked. Just because one dies, doesnt mean the other one will die, in fact its the opposite. If Obamacare dies, this will continue to exist.
It is last years bill and was not acted on until now, that does not make it new, nor does it seperate it from Obamacare.

"The bill passed by voice vote in the early morning hour (1AM) of September 30, 2010, shortly before Members were about to recess to campaign for the November election. The Senate did not act on the bill….
Now, H.R. 2999 has resurfaced this Congress"

Are you sure you read this?

Old 03-18-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post
It is last years bill and was not acted on until now, that does not make it new, nor does it seperate it from Obamacare.

"The bill passed by voice vote in the early morning hour (1AM) of September 30, 2010, shortly before Members were about to recess to campaign for the November election. The Senate did not act on the bill….
Now, H.R. 2999 has resurfaced this Congress"

Are you sure you read this?
Its a NEW bill.. Yes that makes it seperate from Obamacare, unless there is wording in the text which kills this bill if Obamacare dies.. I havent yet looked at the text but I very well doubt this is the case. Are you telling me there is wording in the text to kill this bill if Obamacare dies?

If there is wording to kill the bill if Obamcare dies, then they are linked,
If there isnt wording to kill the bill if Obamcare dies, then they are not linked.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Its a NEW bill.. Yes that makes it seperate from Obamacare, unless there is wording in the text which kills this bill if Obamacare dies.. I havent yet looked at the text but I very well doubt this is the case. Are you telling me there is wording in the text to kill this bill if Obamacare dies?

If there is wording to kill the bill if Obamcare dies, then they are linked,
If there isnt wording to kill the bill if Obamcare dies, then they are not linked.
The Bill is under Obamacare. If you can't see that, I have nothing which can help you to do so.

If you do not understand that Obamacare is not only being fought wholesale, but also in part, I can't help you.

The Gop is supposed to be against this, but they supported it, that is what this OP is about.

If Obamacare is repealed, then yes, everything it funds and enacts is gone, thus the purpose for repeal. It does not mean that only the name goes away.

It is the same bill which they shelved last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies