Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 09:44 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times

Advertisements

Speaker Boehner tells Obama to define the mission of the US in regard to Libya.

John Boehner to President Obama: Define the mission - Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

Quote:
“The president is the commander-in-chief, but the administration has a responsibility to define for the American people, the Congress, and our troops what the mission in Libya is, better explain what America’s role is in achieving that mission, and make clear how it will be accomplished,” the Ohio Republican said in a statement. “Before any further military commitments are made, the administration must do a better job of communicating to the American people and to Congress about our mission in Libya and how it will be achieved.”
Good for him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 09:49 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,765 times
My how the worm turns.

Maybe the Prez can use....."Resistance is Futile".

Sure seems to work.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:57 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,452,647 times
Obama could pontificate for 3 hours and no one would understand what the mission is supposed to be at the end of that time. He uses double speak and gobbly **** to mislead everyone or put us to sleep. Me? I mute or turn the channel the second I see or hear that POS.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:01 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,098,105 times
Obama speeches are good for dry fire practice....

Old 03-20-2011, 10:03 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Adm. Mike Mullen won?t lock in on Libya goal - Simmi Aujla and Abby Phillip - POLITICO.com
Quote:
Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, trumpeted the success of the initial airstrikes against Libyan leader Muammar Qadhafi on his round of the Sunday shows, while being careful not to commit to any sort of long-term plan that might leave the Obama administration trapped inside a box of promises.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:06 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,531,081 times
Apparently crybaby Boehner was out getting a fake tan during Obama's speech; along with many of our posters......or simply many of you are all permanently "out to lunch" with severe comprehension problems.

Now kiddies try to follow along.......and pay attention>>>>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geqTT14AXwE

Old 03-20-2011, 10:21 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times
Where in that video did he give a clear definition of the mission? All I heard was a bunch of typical Obama teleprompter BS...

This worthless excuse for a leader just got us into ANOTHER unfunded war with no exit strategy and the idiots on the left who to this day attack Bush for doing the same thing seem to not care whatsoever about Obama's meddling in the Middle East.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:23 PM

623 posts, read 1,602,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Where in that video did he give a clear definition of the mission? All I heard was a bunch of typical Obama teleprompter BS...

This worthless excuse for a leader just got us into ANOTHER unfunded war with no exit strategy and the idiots on the left who to this day attack Bush for doing the same thing seem to not care whatsoever about Obama's meddling in the Middle East.
Bingo! No real definition and there will be no way out again. Let's see how many more wars we can be in. Thanks Obama!

Old 03-20-2011, 10:28 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,327,231 times
What a stupid question...a stupid partision based question...

That's why I find politics to be so transparent...fake...

If Sarah Palin were in office making the same decisions...those asking President Obama for a 'defined mission'...would be in all out support of interviening to save the all out slaughter of tens of thousands...

Politics is so fake and partial...support intervention when someone in your party is in power...be against it when someone of another party does it...

Such transparency...

Old 03-20-2011, 10:34 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
What a stupid question...a stupid partision based question...

That's why I find politics to be so transparent...fake...

If Sarah Palin were in office making the same decisions...those asking President Obama for a 'defined mission'...would be in all out support of interviening to save the all out slaughter of tens of thousands...

Politics is so fake and partial...support intervention when someone in your party is in power...be against it when someone of another party does it...

Such transparency...
Wrong wrong wrong, I'm one of the people in this thread who is asking for a defined mission and a clear exit strategy and Palin, Obama or Bush have NEVER been my "party".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies