Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support Obama's Libya War?
I support whatever Obama does, no matter what 1 2.78%
What the **** is this clown doing? 32 88.89%
When is American Idol on again? 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 09:19 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,910,467 times

Advertisements

Who supports Obama on this new war? Weren't we supposed to feel pure undiluted outrage over the Iraq war? At least this forum had trillions of words written on just how evil Bush was over the Iraq war. Now it's Iraq all over again in Libya...

Better yet, are the liberals now officially proclaiming "the Obama Doctrine" yet? Basically, the Obama Doctrine is "follow Hillary".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 09:22 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,326,902 times
well it not just US forces I support all of our close allies that are there this is more like the first gulf war

Old 03-19-2011, 09:25 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,452,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
Who supports Obama on this new war? Weren't we supposed to feel pure undiluted outrage over the Iraq war? At least this forum had trillions of words written on just how evil Bush was over the Iraq war. Now it's Iraq all over again in Libya...

Better yet, are the liberals now officially proclaiming "the Obama Doctrine" yet? Basically, the Obama Doctrine is "follow Hillary".
Oh, just watch, the libs will be proclaiming how intelligent this move is. They have zero idea what our military is for. I wonder how long it will take for him to put ground troups in. Yah, I know he said he wouldn't... but he's an empty suit. You can't believe anything he says or does.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:25 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Your poll is biased..I support what the UN is doing so far, but you adding "no matter what" to your first choice tells me what your bias is.

This is NOT an American war.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:27 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
This isn't a war and it's not a US-led effort. Aside from two countries with a lot of sand, the basics of Iraq and Libya and the reasons for invading are fundamentally different.

Remember, too, that most liberals supported the Afghanistan invasion, so this isn't about blindly following Obama.

I won't vote in your silly poll, but you should educate yourself on current events before posting threads about them.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:30 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,582,425 times
What a stupid question. It's not Obama's war in any sence of the word. It's UN action all the way. Doyou really think the French Brits Canadians and Italians would be interested in any "American" war???? The question is just typical stupidity of the Obama haters.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:30 PM

7,932 posts, read 9,158,452 times
Certainly is an American led war today. Vast majority of missiles were from US forces.

Germany Russia and China got to sit this one out. Why couldn't we? If this is supposed to be such a cake walk, why couldn't the EU countries and the Arab coalition (where are they?) take care of the situation?

Like everything we touch in the Middle East, this will come back to haunt us.

We've got the anti Midas touch in that part of the globe.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:31 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Your poll is biased..I support what the UN is doing so far, but you adding "no matter what" to your first choice tells me what your bias is.

This is NOT an American war.
The USA is doing most of the attacking of Libya....

Small point I know.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:35 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,910,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
This isn't a war.
Let see, we've launched 112 Tomahawk missiles and are deploying amphibious ships towards Libya. It's now called Operation Odyssey Dawn. Lots of parallels to the start of the Iraq war.

Please refresh my memory, was the Iraq war good or bad.

Sounds like a "supports Obama no matter what" person to me.

Old 03-19-2011, 09:36 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,326,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Certainly is an American led war today. Vast majority of missiles were from US forces.

Germany Russia and China got to sit this one out. Why couldn't we? If this is supposed to be such a cake walk, why couldn't the EU countries and the Arab coalition (where are they?) take care of the situation?

Like everything we touch in the Middle East, this will come back to haunt us.

We've got the anti Midas touch in that part of the globe.
not really seeing as the ME is quite messed up right now. I see a sunni and sheite muslim holy war and we will not get mixed up in that kinda stuff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies