Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2011, 11:37 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,780,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I wouldn't get into the impeaching stuff (it was silly talk under Bush, and it's silly now), but i'm most certainly angry as hell at the president. I'm still an Obama supporter, but if this Libya thing doesn't wrap up fast, i'm considering not voting for him in the next election.
I find your stance rather cynical.

You support him if Libya will "wrap up fast"?

If it is worth doing, is time that much of the essence? Or, if it was wrong in the first place, does its quick duration somehow make the wrong just a bit more palatable? Sounds like you are waiting to see if a decent outcome emerges before declaring Libya not such a bad idea. If Iraq had not seen a civil war and turned into an Arab version of Canada, would that have made invading it acceptable?

Sounds as if you are wetting your finger and holding it up to the wind.

I do agree the talk of impeachment is silly and I would consider the source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 11:37 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I don't think you know what "carpetbombing" means.
ok..how about illegally bombing a sovernation

the facts remain:
obama bombed the sovern-nations of pakistan (jan09), somalia(sep09), yemen, and now lybia.....killing civilians

the real irony:

Obama: "We've got to get the job done there......... not just air-raiding(bombing) villages and killing civilians" (Philip Elliott, "Obama Gets Warning From Friendly Voter," The Associated Press, 8/14/07

btw

carpetbombing....an extensive and systematic bombing intended to devastate a large target

Last edited by workingclasshero; 03-22-2011 at 12:02 PM..

Old 03-22-2011, 11:50 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
ok..how about illegally bombing a sovernation
How about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero
btw

carpetbombing....an extensive and systematic bombing intended to devastate a large target
You're welcome.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:24 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
This thread is funny! The idea that the LW anti War Dem, Kucinich, blasts Obama on joining into the UN action, is not surprising. He is, after all, anti-war. The funny part, is the RW people who are aligning themselves with the LW Kucinich. I guess it's a case of "any anti-Obama port in a storm".
No...it is called principles...most leftists seem to have none.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:25 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea, when the righties start aligning themselves with Dennis Kucinich, you have to laugh.
Principles...might be difficult for some to grasp.

Old 03-22-2011, 01:58 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I find your stance rather cynical.

You support him if Libya will "wrap up fast"?

If it is worth doing, is time that much of the essence? Or, if it was wrong in the first place, does its quick duration somehow make the wrong just a bit more palatable? Sounds like you are waiting to see if a decent outcome emerges before declaring Libya not such a bad idea. If Iraq had not seen a civil war and turned into an Arab version of Canada, would that have made invading it acceptable?

Sounds as if you are wetting your finger and holding it up to the wind.

I do agree the talk of impeachment is silly and I would consider the source.
Nothing that he does makes it palatable. It's not worth doing. And yea, time is of the essence because the longer we stay the worse it gets. And yes...it was wrong in the first place. And even if the outcome is decent, i still don't like the fact that we interfered.

And no..i NEVER hold up my finger to the wind on anything. Nothing. Nada. Donut. Zero.

Is all of that clear enough?

Old 03-22-2011, 01:59 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Principles...might be difficult for some to grasp.
Yea, for foreigners who talk about lining natives up against walls because of political persuasion, i can imagine how difficult it must be.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:03 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Just goes to show that neo-cons = leftists = progressives.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:23 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Best way to end Libya is bring in the Russians and make everyone else go home. All done in a week or less.

Old 03-22-2011, 02:26 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
No...it is called principles...most leftists seem to have none.
That is too funny. Great sarcasm!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies