Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 12:54 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
The cubans for the most part vote republican and have a great deal of power in Miami and in certain other parts of Florida. This is why they have refugee status, while haitians and other less conected nationalities are sent back

The only reason that I don't agree with you totally is because many of these refugees are in that status because of American (CIA) involvement in their country's affairs in the first place
When the Cubans first started to come here it was over 50 years ago. Are you saying it was allowed because the Republicans knew once they became citizens they would vote for them? Have you bothered to find out why the Haitians and other nationaliteis can't come under refugee status?

I disagree with your last statement. It simply isn't true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 02:07 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
When the Cubans first started to come here it was over 50 years ago. Are you saying it was allowed because the Republicans knew once they became citizens they would vote for them? Have you bothered to find out why the Haitians and other nationaliteis can't come under refugee status?

I disagree with your last statement. It simply isn't true.

Please explain to us all why the tiny island of Cuba still has sanctions against it if the Cuban-Americans still do not have clout within the republican party? The Haitians/Jamacians do not have a strong voting block like the Florida Cubans have

Old 06-12-2012, 03:11 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Please explain to us all why the tiny island of Cuba still has sanctions against it if the Cuban-Americans still do not have clout within the republican party? The Haitians/Jamacians do not have a strong voting block like the Florida Cubans have
Why don't you ask our government? Like the Democrats or Obama for example? Why haven't they removed the sanctions? It is ridiculous to imply that this has something to do with just the Republicans.

On the other hand Obama and company are promising amnesty for illegal aliens whom will more than likely vote Democrat if and when they become citizens. They are pandering for the Hispanic-American vote now with their promises to treat their illegal amigos special. Pot, kettle, black.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:36 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Why don't you ask our government? Like the Democrats or Obama for example? Why haven't they removed the sanctions? It is ridiculous to imply that this has something to do with just the Republicans.

On the other hand Obama and company are promising amnesty for illegal aliens whom will more than likely vote Democrat if and when they become citizens. They are pandering for the Hispanic-American vote now with their promises to treat their illegal amigos special. Pot, kettle, black.

You have valid points here, who could argue. This administation has been pandering to hispanics, ever since they have been elected. There is only one reason why they promise amnesty for lawbreaker illegals, all for the votes.

And i would say Obama treats them more then special.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:46 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Not looking good for the GOP. You don 't have the latino vote, along with the many others who are against what you stand for. Who the hell are you Pubs trying to fool? You stink and the '12 election will prove that. Your negative, inaccurate spin and narrative is not working.

Poll: Latino Voters Have 'Widely Negative' Views Of GOP

Sure, Lex-

Obama operatives, like yourself, are going to be unemployed after November. I guess if I was you, I would spend more time sending out your resume, as you will need a source of income after November. Fortunately for you, Romney will provide a better job environment such that even a liberal like you will be able to find an honest job, rather than spreading Obama propaganda.

The independents, who do not live off liberal kool-aid, have abandoned Obama en-masse. Further, the "youth", who were so enthusiastic about Obama in 2008, are now unemployed and disillusioned with the "new world" that Obama has created, which has delivered them to reside in their parent's basements.

Take a look at the polls of "likely voters". Young college students, those on welfare, and bums do not vote (with the exception of unusual circumstances such as 2008). The reliable voting base, when polled, HATES Obama. His title will soon be "former president". It is too bad that I cannot lay a $10K wager with you, as I would love to skin a liberal for all his savings. However, I am not vindictive, only sane. You can keep your paltry savings and I will relish the demise of the attempt at marxism in America. That was your best bet, and it fell flat on its face. So much for the marxist movement. Try again in 30 years when people have forgotten about Obama; you can be like Bill Ayers.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:52 PM

537 posts, read 818,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Not looking good for the GOP. You don 't have the latino vote, along with the many others who are against what you stand for. Who the hell are you Pubs trying to fool? You stink and the '12 election will prove that. Your negative, inaccurate spin and narrative is not working.

Poll: Latino Voters Have 'Widely Negative' Views Of GOP
Considering that many Latinos are Catholics, it's strange that the Democrats appeal to them more than the GOP. But since the GOP has been increasingly dominated by crazy people since Pat Buchanan's "Culture War" speech in 1992, it's not surprising.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:54 PM

537 posts, read 818,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Sure, Lex-

Obama operatives, like yourself, are going to be unemployed after November. I guess if I was you, I would spend more time sending out your resume, as you will need a source of income after November. Fortunately for you, Romney will provide a better job environment such that even a liberal like you will be able to find an honest job, rather than spreading Obama propaganda.

The independents, who do not live off liberal kool-aid, have abandoned Obama en-masse. Further, the "youth", who were so enthusiastic about Obama in 2008, are now unemployed and disillusioned with the "new world" that Obama has created, which has delivered them to reside in their parent's basements.

Take a look at the polls of "likely voters". Young college students, those on welfare, and bums do not vote (with the exception of unusual circumstances such as 2008). The reliable voting base, when polled, HATES Obama. His title will soon be "former president". It is too bad that I cannot lay a $10K wager with you, as I would love to skin a liberal for all his savings. However, I am not vindictive, only sane. You can keep your paltry savings and I will relish the demise of the attempt at marxism in America. That was your best bet, and it fell flat on its face. So much for the marxist movement. Try again in 30 years when people have forgotten about Obama; you can be like Bill Ayers.
Okay, seriously. Why is your tagline, "there's no excuse for ignorance" when this post reeks of it. There is NOTHING in Obama's policy that is even remotely "Marxist." Youth living in their parents basement was already a problem several years before Obama became President.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:02 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Can you explain why if a Cuban makes it to Miami he/she is given amnesty while a Haitian is not? would'nt that be considered to be a form of racism?
Not "racism". Some Cubans ARE Black. It's called kissing Cuban American butt IMHO. No, I don't like it either.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:24 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
As a American of Cuban descent the reason we still have a Embargo against Cuba has to do with the Cuban-Americam "fossils" we have in Congress like Ileana Ros-Lehtinen & the Diaz Balart brothers who have been chanting the "Cuba Si / Castro No" bs ever since Reagan came to Little Havana in the 1980s.
A very large percentage of young Cuban Americans voted for Obama in 2008 & will probably vote for him again. The Cuban exiles were here 50 years ago and we are now into our Third & Fourth Genertions who really don't know anything about Cuba.
The next large Hispanic groups in Florida are Puerto Ricans who are American citizens & vote DEM, then Dominicans, Brazilians, Colombians who are into multiple generations with their children being US Citizens as well & mostly DEM as well.
Florida doesn't have a huge Mexican American population either so I wouldn't be surprised to see Obama win these groups here.
As for not liking the GOP many of them disparage all Hispanics as "one group" who are either "illegals" or don't want to "assimilate" and now here we have Governor Rick Scott trying to purge "Voter rolls" of mainly Hispanic & Black voters in the state. This leads the news every night on Spanish language TV & Radio stations. Keep going GOP and alienate the Hispanic community some more!

Last edited by MiamiRob; 06-12-2012 at 08:36 PM..

Old 06-12-2012, 09:37 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebrehm View Post
Considering that many Latinos are Catholics, it's strange that the Democrats appeal to them more than the GOP. But since the GOP has been increasingly dominated by crazy people since Pat Buchanan's "Culture War" speech in 1992, it's not surprising.
I think most "latinos" are only nominally Catholic. There may be some very devout Catholics but the illegitimacy rate of "latinos" is 68% and their abortion rate is very high. I think the promises of more big government and race based preferences such as unlimited immigration for all "latinos" certainly trump issues like abortion and morality and most certainly beat out lower taxes.

70-80% of latinos are what 90% of blacks are -- a very consistent voting bloc for the liberal democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies