Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 09:42 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
The cubans for the most part vote republican and have a great deal of power in Miami and in certain other parts of Florida. This is why they have refugee status, while haitians and other less conected nationalities are sent back

The only reason that I don't agree with you totally is because many of these refugees are in that status because of American (CIA) involvement in their country's affairs in the first place
Cubans have refugee status because they flee a Communist country that was run by a dictator. Just like Vietnamese were allowed to come and Hmong are allowed to come as refugees as well as Somalians.

Mexico is certainly not a dictatorship, not by a long shot. Mexico isn't even a poor country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 09:57 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think most "latinos" are only nominally Catholic. There may be some very devout Catholics but the illegitimacy rate of "latinos" is 68% and their abortion rate is very high. I think the promises of more big government and race based preferences such as unlimited immigration for all "latinos" certainly trump issues like abortion and morality and most certainly beat out lower taxes.

70-80% of latinos are what 90% of blacks are -- a very consistent voting bloc for the liberal democrats.
Not sure what political party or ideology you belong to, but which ever one it is, I want no part of it.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:45 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
As a American of Cuban descent the reason we still have a Embargo against Cuba has to do with the Cuban-Americam "fossils" we have in Congress like Ileana Ros-Lehtinen & the Diaz Balart brothers who have been chanting the "Cuba Si / Castro No" bs ever since Reagan came to Little Havana in the 1980s.
A very large percentage of young Cuban Americans voted for Obama in 2008 & will probably vote for him again. The Cuban exiles were here 50 years ago and we are now into our Third & Fourth Genertions who really don't know anything about Cuba.
The next large Hispanic groups in Florida are Puerto Ricans who are American citizens & vote DEM, then Dominicans, Brazilians, Colombians who are into multiple generations with their children being US Citizens as well & mostly DEM as well.
Florida doesn't have a huge Mexican American population either so I wouldn't be surprised to see Obama win these groups here.
As for not liking the GOP many of them disparage all Hispanics as "one group" who are either "illegals" or don't want to "assimilate" and now here we have Governor Rick Scott trying to purge "Voter rolls" of mainly Hispanic & Black voters in the state. This leads the news every night on Spanish language TV & Radio stations. Keep going GOP and alienate the Hispanic community some more!
I see so the voter purges are intentional to target Hispanics and other miniorites? Well if they are citizens they will have plenty of time to prove their citizenships. Obviously, they weren't targeted because of their race but something was amiss in the database about them.

No, most Hispanics won't vote for the GOP simply because they aren't for amnesty and handouts. This would of course be most Hispanics who are of Mexican descent and other ethnically inclined Hispanics.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:50 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Poll reveals latinos have widely negative view of GOP .

Well golly gee. Now I am going to lose sleep tonight worrying about this. LMAO.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:37 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Cubans have refugee status because they flee a Communist country that was run by a dictator. Just like Vietnamese were allowed to come and Hmong are allowed to come as refugees as well as Somalians.

Mexico is certainly not a dictatorship, not by a long shot. Mexico isn't even a poor country.
Half of the countries in South America are run by dictators but that does not stop them from risking their lives coming through Mexico to the US to be deported

Old 06-13-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I see so the voter purges are intentional to target Hispanics and other miniorites? Well if they are citizens they will have plenty of time to prove their citizenships. Obviously, they weren't targeted because of their race but something was amiss in the database about them.

Not true, if it was why wait until the year of a Nation al election? This would have been done years ago. What about the blacks that treated the same way? If I'm not mistaken the majority of them have roots that date back to the birth of this country.

No, most Hispanics won't vote for the GOP simply because they aren't for amnesty and handouts. This would of course be most Hispanics who are of Mexican descent and other ethnically inclined Hispanics.

I think cases like this that are popping up all over this country is the reason why

Meet The 91-Year-Old WWII Veteran Targeted By Florida's Voter …

Old 06-13-2012, 09:49 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Hispanics distrust the GOP. Smart people! The Republicans can be predicted but NEVER trusted.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Why don't you ask our government? Like the Democrats or Obama for example? Why haven't they removed the sanctions? It is ridiculous to imply that this has something to do with just the Republicans.

That I will agree is a good question, the only reason that I can think of is that the old Cuban guard has a strong hold on Floridian politics not to mention a a couple of well place reps in Washington that have enough pull to possibly sway votes for this coming election

On the other hand Obama and company are promising amnesty for illegal aliens whom will more than likely vote Democrat if and when they become citizens. They are pandering for the Hispanic-American vote now with their promises to treat their illegal amigos special. Pot, kettle, black.

The way that the republicans are attacking everyone but straight white older males, the dems have their work cut out for them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies