Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 10:12 PM

316 posts, read 596,287 times

Advertisements

Think about it.

Gaddafi kills, plunders, blows things and people up- all to enable his agenda.

now Mr. Obama, President non the less-

is answering the same way. (Of course with consent of the world!)

I mean- what is the difference exactly?

Both are using the same means to accomplish.

How is one more righteous then the other?

(At least madman Gaddafi is a sovereign leader trying to keep his grip on power- understandable to the same extent that the US fought a civil war. But now- what is exactly Mr. Obama's justification?)

Go ahead- I really would like full clarification from all. Thank You!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 11:24 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,096,532 times
The difference?

Pan-Am flight 103.

HUGE ****ING DIFFERENCE.

Your insane rhetoric in more akin to Qadaffi than anything in your post. Please return to your bridge.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:30 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
The difference?

Pan-Am flight 103.

HUGE ****ING DIFFERENCE.

Your insane rhetoric in more akin to Qadaffi than anything in your post. Please return to your bridge.
Thank you i was thinking the same exact thing.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:33 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
When Obama hires foreign mercinaries to murder his opponents and orders the US military to fire upon US citizens, then the OP will have a point. Until that time, not so much.

Thread Fail!

Old 03-21-2011, 11:36 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
Do you really not see the difference between a UN sanctioned international coalition to knockout air and communication systems of a madman bombing his own people and the true act of a terrorist?

It was absurd when liberals called Bush a terrorist and it's absurd when conservatives do the same for Obama.

Last edited by Bluefly; 03-22-2011 at 12:45 AM..

Old 03-22-2011, 02:58 PM

316 posts, read 596,287 times
Default Yup- Way too extreme- however

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Do you really not see the difference between a UN sanctioned international coalition to knockout air and communication systems of a madman bombing his own people and the true act of a terrorist?

It was absurd when liberals called Bush a terrorist and it's absurd when conservatives do the same for Obama.
I guess I was "too extreme," forgive me. however-

However- diplomacy and harsh sanctions- and perhaps a stratigic strike somewhat akin to 1986, should certainly be employed before just going and knocking out so many "important," "key" targets. (For a weeks time- nearly!)

Imeant- if you knock out an electric plane- or highway or who knows what of Gaddafi's infrastructure- you are certainly terrorising a populance! (It probably would lead to deaths as well.)

So my strong language should please be understood as giving our Prez, a mark of "F-" on what he has done.

PS- thanks for the gentle undertone of yur response!

Old 03-22-2011, 03:24 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,058,406 times
Wow, I think some people have been driven over the edge by this.

Do you consider a murderer, and the person who stops the murderer by defending people, morally the same?

Gaddafi is exterminating anyone who is guilty of the crime of disagreeing with him, should everyone sit by as he does this?

I am always amazed by people who screech a wail of horror if powers let nuts like this do horrible things, and then screech a wail of indignation if they do something about it. Can't please some people.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:48 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
I don't truly think that any one here feels that Gaddafi is an innocent Man, On the contrary he is a evil evil man, and left untouched, who knows what hell his people would have to endure. And others who disagree with his thinking.

I think in his case like the late Hussein power went straight to his brain, and in a evil evil matter. Do we let him go to continue his rein of terror, or try and stop him, but do we stop him for the moment, or are we there for a longer period of time, this is what i truly want to know. Is this war, so many of you are saying yes, so if so, how long should we be there.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:41 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RABBI JOE View Post
Think about it.

Gaddafi kills, plunders, blows things and people up- all to enable his agenda.

now Mr. Obama, President non the less-

is answering the same way. (Of course with consent of the world!)

I mean- what is the difference exactly?

Both are using the same means to accomplish.

How is one more righteous then the other?

(At least madman Gaddafi is a sovereign leader trying to keep his grip on power- understandable to the same extent that the US fought a civil war. But now- what is exactly Mr. Obama's justification?)

Go ahead- I really would like full clarification from all. Thank You!
GoDaffy murdered his way into office, murdered to keep his office, and now murders to stay in office.

Righteous is not the proper word to be used in the same sentence as GoDaffy.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:30 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,920 times
It somehow surprises me to find a Rabbi who can't seem to see beyond his spectacles.

Somewhere in this mix is the State of Israel, the Jewish homeland, the greatest mideastern ally of America.
As with all of Obama's predecessors, the issue of maintaining the preservation of Israel, is surely always, an issue
to be factored into the honest understanding, of why politicians do the things that they do. Like most of us, I
also have apprehension and a tad of anxiety, I worry that we're (America), being tied up too tightly to the mideast,
our resources are spread pretty thin and America in general, is facing other important issues that need attention now,
not down the road. I'm a Vietnam Vet and remember well the way our political leaders led us into a nasty war, scarring
our country for decades, I certainly don't want to see us bogged down in Libya and spearheading the effort to remove
Ghadafy, a deep-rooted tumor, willing ready and able, to join the ranks of Ghengis Kahn, Idi Amin, Pol Pot and the long
list of misfits who've made genocide, their way.

If you feel that any one specific person, is guiding this military action against the Libyan ruler, any one man, making
these decisions, you are wrong. The president acts on behalf of established policy, and they always do what's best for the
bankers, because money is usually the bottom line. Whatever strategy develops in the coming days, will come on the heels
of much deliberation and policy planning, we've got the biggest dog in this fight. As for me, I'm trusting that things will work
out for the Libyan people, I've got a lot of freedom here in hometown USA and it wouldn't bother me at all if they, those many
oppressed Libyans, got a little bit of it too. Besides, I heat my home with oil...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies