Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 05:43 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
but..butt. you just said..
Yes I said that to you. Not sanrene.

He answered the question. You did not.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 05:55 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Yes I said that to you. Not sanrene.

He answered the question. You did not.

She answered the question, and you avoided any intelligent response.. Now that its shown that we do know what the waivers are for, are you going to now respond to Charley, or are you again going to make nonsensical claims that you cant back up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyMcGarley View Post
....and the amount of "exempt" entities that don't have to participate will be past, what, 5,000? 6,000???

Funny how the supporters seemingly miss this glaring "NO CONFIDENCE" vote on Obamacare.

Silly me - I forget having critical thinking skills makes me an enemy of the state!
Try again..

Old 03-24-2011, 06:07 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
She answered the question, and you avoided any intelligent response.
And you still had nothing to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
Now that its shown that we do know what the waivers are for, are you going to now respond to Charley, or are you again going to make nonsensical claims that you cant back up?
You're several posts too late. I already responded to sanrene (had no idea she was a she). This is how the law was designed.

The waivers that have been issued are not waivers of Obamacare. They are waivers of specific features that were already written into the law because it anticipated that some entities would need them.

Spin as much as you want. They are evidence that its actually a very reasonable law.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:16 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Prisoners get free health care.

And we're paying for it.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Someone need to explain to you that this is a PUBLIC forum? Dont want people calling you out on where you are wrong, dont post...
Quote:
You're several posts too late. I already responded to sanrene (had no idea she was a she). This is how the law was designed.
I know thats how the law was designed.. That doesnt at all begin to answer the postings here.. It just deflects from the postings questioning why it was designed this way and the need for so man dam wavers..
Quote:
Someone need to explain to you that this is a PUBLIC forum? Dont want people calling you out on where you are wrong, dont post...
Quote:
The waivers that have been issued are not waivers of Obamacare. They are waivers of specific features that were already written into the law because it anticipated that some entities would need them.
Meaning, if you bribe the right person, you can get exemptions that the rest of society cant.. i.e. unconstitutional..
Quote:
Spin as much as you want. They are evidence that its actually a very reasonable law.
on the contrary.. If it was such a reasonable law, it wouldnt need waivers.

Under your synopsis, a law which punishes jaywalkers by executing them might be reasonable, no wait.. very reasonable, as long as some of those caught only get life in jail.. An exageration absolutely.. but allowing exemptions is not a sign of reasonability, thats just stupidity. Reasonable laws dont NEED exeptions.. They give people a $25.00 fine for jaywalking.. yep.. thats reasonable.. no exemptions needed..

Old 03-24-2011, 06:24 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times
Poll: Health care plan gains favor - USATODAY.com (http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2010-03-23-health-poll-favorable_N.htm - broken link)

Old 03-24-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Poll: Health care plan gains favor - USATODAY.com (http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2010-03-23-health-poll-favorable_N.htm - broken link)
Um.. that poll was taken last year..

Old 03-24-2011, 06:32 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,448,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
For repeal to come before 2013 enough Democrats in the Senate will have to vote to do so and surely they won't since they voted 60 to 40 to pass it. They would be admitting that they screwed up by voting before reading and debating. I say they are screwed and more and more of them know it with the passing days.

There is no doubt that the House would vote for repeal and the Senate would vote against it and we both know why that is.
Obviously they cannot repeal it. But even when they can, will they? And face the wrath of the people with pre-existing conditions and 22-26 year olds without jobs that offer health insurance that suddenly realize, hey, Obamacare isn't so bad?

They've been campaigning on repeal because they know they can't. If they could, would they? I doubt it.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:15 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
It all boils down to which trailer park you're polling.
I would guess that the "trailer park" group would
be in favor of this something for nothing law.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:16 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The Obama-haters will be quoting these polls until his last day in office January 19, 2017.

One does not need to "hate" Obama
to hate this POS law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies