Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 02:22 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I can accept that Mr. Soros is an influential person with a point of view.

I can also disagree with his point of view without thinking he is up to some kind of sinister conspiracy.

That the rabid, frothing Right hates him so much just tells me that he's pissing off all the right people.
We are pissed because he's going to hurt everyone. Not just one group of people. I guess once he starts pissing you off, your eyes will finally be open. I must be nice looking through those purdy rose colored glasses of yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 02:23 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times
Anyone who trusts anything Fox News says about George Soros needs their head examined. Fox has made him their standard person to smear attack.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:24 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
We are pissed because he's going to hurt everyone. Not just one group of people. I guess once he starts pissing you off, your eyes will finally be open. I must be nice looking through those purdy rose colored glasses of yours.
Well that is YOUR point of view.

I'm well aware of his agenda.

And you know what?

I HOPE HE PULLS IT OFF.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
So when Soros says it HIMSLEF that his next target to try and collapse is America, you don't believe him? Is he lying when he says that?
Show me a quote so I can judge for myself.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:31 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Quote:
I can accept that Mr. Soros is an influential person with a point of view.

I can also disagree with his point of view without thinking he is up to some kind of sinister conspiracy.

That the rabid, frothing Right hates him so much just tells me that he's pissing off all the right people.
Oh, I see. You are a believer in the old, "An enemy of my enemy must be my friend" philosophy. Well, you may want to delve a little deeper than that with what is going on in the world today. Things are slightly more complex.
Unless you're a fan of a Fascist One World Order. In that case, sit back and relax and don't bother giving Mr. Soros and his 26 member team who are meeting next month with the goal of remaking economics, any further thought.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:35 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
You have no idea that Google DOES have the power to pull things from youtube since they OWN it? You didn't know that? That's where the video was, you can't download the clips from there, it was in one place and linked to from all over the net, it has been pulled and all of the sources that did link to it are now broken.
You do know that Google is not the only player on the internet, right? And certainly, if it was ever on YouTube, somebody of a right wing persuasion would have made their own copy. I mean... with Glenn Beck's resources, certainly he should be able to come up with one.

But after two tries you come up with bupkis.

I can only take this as a full (if tacit) admission that you cannot provide a source... any source... where Soros ever said that "his next target to try and collapse is America."

So, in a moment we will be able to identify the liars here. But first, your other comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD
I don't know what tactic you think you are trying to employ, but smart people would know that what Soros was saying was he needs to focus his attention on America to bring it down so he can continue on with his plan of an open society NWO which he felt was in danger because of AMERICA!
Oh... it's a very simple tactic and I'm stunned that you are unfamiliar with it. It is further extremely powerful in its simplicity. The tactic is this:

Ask the person to prove that what they said is true.

You insisted that Soros said that "his next target to try and collapse is America." And yet the quotations you link to don't say that. You further admit they don't by tossing out the pathetic excuse that wherever he actually did say it has been "scrubbed" from the net. How convenient for you.

We now have all the information we need to conclude who is lying.

When Glenn Beck said it, he was lying.

And now that you know this, if you persist in making the claim you will from now on also be lying.

Thanks for playing.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:36 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Anyone who trusts anything Fox News says about George Soros needs their head examined. Fox has made him their standard person to smear attack.
That's just saint Beck's spew. Even FOX is realizing it is detremental to their business. But some people continue to regurgitate the Beck spew for whatever their personal reasons may be.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Oh, I see. You are a believer in the old, "An enemy of my enemy must be my friend" philosophy. Well, you may want to delve a little deeper than that with what is going on in the world today. Things are slightly more complex.
Unless you're a fan of a Fascist One World Order. In that case, sit back and relax and don't bother giving Mr. Soros and his 26 member team who are meeting next month with the goal of remaking economics, any further thought.
Oh the "if only you knew what I knew, you poor ignorant sap" argument.

Well junior, I do know what you know.

I simply don't agree with you.

You'll get over it.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:41 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Oh the "if only you knew what I knew, you poor ignorant sap" argument.

Well junior, I do know what you know.

I simply don't agree with you.

You'll get over it.
you and all of you propagandists will lose in the end and then you are going to look around like a lost puppy and say, "how did this happen?!" I will just laugh hysterically.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:42 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
You have no idea what you are even talking about. I suggest you stay away from areas where you are clueless. Go try and DL a video from youtube, you can't.

Keep talking your nonsense, nobody takes you seriously with the garbage you spit out. Thanks for playing and say hi to Soros for me when you pick up your next paycheck.
That's it? That's your best shot?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies