Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 12:41 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
OMG Soros has an agenda!

He must be stopped before....wait...why?
So you are totally comfortable with this conference and whatever is decided you will be blindly accepting of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 01:41 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
So you are totally comfortable with this conference and whatever is decided you will be blindly accepting of?
I can accept that Mr. Soros is an influential person with a point of view.

I can also disagree with his point of view without thinking he is up to some kind of sinister conspiracy.

That the rabid, frothing Right hates him so much just tells me that he's pissing off all the right people.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:43 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I can accept that Mr. Soros is an influential person with a point of view.

I can also disagree with his point of view without thinking he is up to some kind of sinister conspiracy.

That the rabid, frothing Right hates him so much just tells me that he's pissing off all the right people.
So when Soros says it HIMSLEF that his next target to try and collapse is America, you don't believe him? Is he lying when he says that?

Old 03-24-2011, 01:48 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
So when Soros says it HIMSLEF that his next target to try and collapse is America, you don't believe him?
Link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD
Is he lying when he says that?
First you need to show that he really said that. Only then can we figure out who's lying.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Link?

First you need to show that he really said that. Only then can we figure out who's lying.
Oh he said it alright and mysteriously all the videos of him saying it have been scrubbed from the net. Hmmmm.. I wonder why.....

Glenn Beck - George Soros Plan To Take Down America | The Economy Collapse

Here's a quote from Soros from that video:

"I became concerned with the problems of globalization. They have global markets, but you have politics based on the sovereignty states. So how do you deal with that issue. And then I came to the realization that open society is in danger by our current leadership in this country. And that is when we focused my attention on the United States."

Soros enjoys taking countries down – Glenn Beck

But take a look at this:

Soros's Next Target: Your State - American Thinker: Soros's Next Target: Your State

Old 03-24-2011, 02:09 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default "Why Are the Media Ignoring Plans by George Soros to Remake the Entire Global Economy?"

Of course. One wealthy individual controls the world's economy.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

Soros, is that you?

Old 03-24-2011, 02:16 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Then you provide two links from Fixed News.

And you want to know nobody is paying attention?

Fox News Network is a political propaganda media outlet nothing more.

Put the Kool-Aid down and start getting more information from a variety of sources.
Because other sources are being paid by these very people. Of course they are not going to report on it.
But lets say that they do. Other sources do start reporting on it. Then will you care?

Old 03-24-2011, 02:16 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Oh he said it alright and mysteriously all the videos of him saying it have been scrubbed from the net. Hmmmm.. I wonder why.....
I would suggest they never existed in the first place. The Internet has proven to be effectively "unscrubbable." It is riven with "wayback" machines, search engine caches and an army of people taking screen caps or making downloads. If such a statement ever actually existed anywhere on the Internet, certainly your connections with Beck would have them front and center.

The quotation you did share with us is striking in this particular facet:

It says nothing about "his next target to try and collapse is America."

So... I will give you another chance to prove that he actually said what you claimed he said.

And then (as you suggested) we'll start talking about who is lying.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:21 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,274,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Of course. One wealthy individual controls the world's economy.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

Soros, is that you?

Hmmmmm. How about One of the wealthiest men in the world and his 26 member team who are meeting next month to "rewrite economics."

Institute For New Economic Thinking George Soros

"George Soros has brought together a crack team of the world's top economists and financial thinkers.
Its aim: To remake the world's economy as they see fit.
The New Institute of Economic Thinking is to be centered in London, but also fund programs around the world, the first of which will be in Oxford.
In order to reinvent economic thinking, he's brought together a crack team of top economic minds.
They're a "Justice League" if you will."

For a complete list of his team and their somewhat impressive, influential backgrounds, see the link below. (And its not from FOX)

Read more: Institute For New Economic Thinking George Soros

Old 03-24-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I would suggest they never existed in the first place. The Internet has proven to be effectively "unscrubbable." It is riven with "wayback" machines, search engine caches and an army of people taking screen caps or making downloads. If such a statement ever actually existed anywhere on the Internet, certainly your connections with Beck would have them front and center.

The quotation you did share with us is striking in this particular facet:

It says nothing about "his next target to try and collapse is America."

So... I will give you another chance to prove that he actually said what you claimed he said.

And then (as you suggested) we'll start talking about who is lying.
You have no idea that Google DOES have the power to pull things from youtube since they OWN it? You didn't know that? That's where the video was, you can't download the clips from there, it was in one place and linked to from all over the net, it has been pulled and all of the sources that did link to it are now broken. I don't know what tactic you think you are trying to employ, but smart people would know that what Soros was saying was he needs to focus his attention on America to bring it down so he can continue on with his plan of an open society NWO which he felt was in danger because of AMERICA! If you can't see that, you are just deflecting and providing propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies