Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 01:48 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
No, it wasn't safe for anyone. I'm glad it's gone.
Well, ok then...bye bye Magnolia Projects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 01:58 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm opposed to public housing in places where affordable housing is readily available for able bodied working people. I have nothing against public housing in places like NYC or San Fran....or some form of rent control in those places is perfect acceptable.

I'm for welfare for the folks who need it. I'm against it for the folks who don't.

It's that simple for me.
People will stand up for themselves if made to. A young girl shouldn't be able to get welfare for life. You should have to go to school as long as you are on welfare or living in public housing. The tax payer would get much more bang for the buck by providing child care for those girls to go school. They will come off welfare much quicker and raise better tax paying citizens. Also if you get welfare or public housing line up for drug test just like any working person has to. I'm telling you I talk to these people and their mentality is foul because of that type of life. Party wait for 1st of the month check. Hustle a little wait for check. Leave every light on in the house I don't pay for it. I'm talking real life experience not an article I read. Those places need to be pushed over.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:47 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
There are no marauding gangs of any race looking for another race of people in ANY neighborhood that i know of.

Go back to the post where i discussed what happens in the inner ring suburbs of Detroit. I'm not repeating myself.
Inner ring suburbs of Phila (in Pa and NJ), as well as ethnic white enclaves of New York (parts of Staten Island, Howard Beach, Bensonhurst) and Boston are the same way. Dangerous for black people.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:12 PM

589 posts, read 756,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Inner ring suburbs of Phila (in Pa and NJ), as well as ethnic white enclaves of New York (parts of Staten Island, Howard Beach, Bensonhurst) and Boston are the same way. Dangerous for black people.
You sure about that ?

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

"With a crime rate for both violent and property crime combined of 11 per 1,000 residents, the crime rate in Staten Island is one of the lower rates in America among communities of all sizes (lower than 70% of America's communities). One's chance of becoming a victim of crime in Staten Island is one in 87. Compared to communities within New York, Staten Island's crime rate is lower than nearly 80% of the state's cities and towns."

Im not saying White people are not violent...But statistics dont lie. Currently Black people commit 9x as many crimes as White people do on average. You really cant downplay that.

Last edited by Yac; 04-19-2011 at 05:39 AM..

Old 03-29-2011, 08:43 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
You sure about that ?

"With a crime rate for both violent and property crime combined of 11 per 1,000 residents, the crime rate in Staten Island is one of the lower rates in America among communities of all sizes (lower than 70% of America's communities). One's chance of becoming a victim of crime in Staten Island is one in 87. Compared to communities within New York, Staten Island's crime rate is lower than nearly 80% of the state's cities and towns."

Im not saying White people are not violent...But statistics dont lie. Currently Black people commit 9x as many crimes as White people do on average. You really cant downplay that.
I don't commit crimes. Therefore, all I have to worry about is crimes getting committed against me (or being framed for one actually or allegedly committed by another Black person). If I don't want to have crimes committed against me, I do not go into areas where that might happen. That includes some of the more dangerous inner-city Black areas and all of the dangerous inner-ring/inner-city/rural White areas.

Last edited by Yac; 04-19-2011 at 05:39 AM..

Old 03-29-2011, 09:21 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,759,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yeah, like you would walk through the ghetto at 2am right?

Because what Juan Williams said had anything to do with the ghetto

People like you are so see-through its ridiculous. Someone mentions young black men and the first thing you think of is the ghetto

Old 03-29-2011, 09:43 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
There are very few majority Black neighborhoods in America where it is perfectly safe for White people to venture into. Most are definitely no go areas for White folks, places you should avoid like the plague if you have a Caucasian appearance.

Can you imagine an old White man like George Burns for example walking through the Magnolia Projects in New Orleans, the chances of physical harm coming his way would have been very high.
Not just anglos. Im a light Hispanic and walking thru a Black area at night makes me uneasy. South Phoenix comes to mind.

Old 03-30-2011, 01:33 AM

769 posts, read 1,013,492 times
who is this guy and why should we care?

Old 03-30-2011, 01:15 PM

639 posts, read 1,289,873 times
Quote:
There are no marauding gangs of any race looking for another race of people in ANY neighborhood that i know of.

Go back to the post where i discussed what happens in the inner ring suburbs of Detroit. I'm not repeating myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x017z...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWgWB...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfXZB...eature=related

Old 03-30-2011, 01:22 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
You sure about that ?

Can you provide a source of information with a link so we can look at the information for your assertion that Black Americans commit 9 times the crime of White Americans?

Last edited by Yac; 04-19-2011 at 05:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies