Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 05:58 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

My gosh, isn't this nice to find out at this late stage, at the stage where obama is considering ARMING the Libyan rebels?

Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links - Telegraph

Quote:
Abdel-Hakim al-Hasidi, the Libyan rebel leader, has said jihadists who fought against allied troops in Iraq are on the front lines of the battle against Muammar Gaddafi's regime.

Some of them, he said, are "today are on the front lines in Adjabiya".

Mr al-Hasidi insisted his fighters "are patriots and good Muslims, not terrorists," but added that the "members of al-Qaeda are also good Muslims and are fighting against the invader".
Well, this is what you get when you have not a clue who these guys are.

Really not a surprise though, seems they've known all along that Libya sent the most militants to Iraq in 2006/2007.

Just Who Are These Libyan Rebels? - Swampland - TIME.com (http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2011/03/24/just-who-are-these-libyan-rebels/ - broken link)

Quote:
Drilling down into the data, the December 2007 examination from the U.S. Military Academy's Combating Terrorism Center showed that nearly all of the Libyan fighters came from the northeastern part of the country, which is where the rebels we are now helping hail from.
Time to end this. Obama is now directly supporting, possibly even arming AQ rebels, the same AQ rebels that fought against our soldiers in Iraq.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 06:00 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Time to charge Obama with treason for giving aid to the enemy.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:02 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,338,399 times
No surprise here.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:19 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,970 times
We're just fighting them there so we don't have to fight them here. Famous words from the decidamater.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:20 PM

I would think a president, who actually was pro-American, who has committed US military resources to these rebels, would rescind that order after finding out he is helping and arming and doing the dirty work of AQ....but maybe this was the plan all along, I mean, he had to have known of the links.

Maybe, like the Libyan commander, obama agrees that even AQ are "good muslims".

This is beyond criminal.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:21 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
REEEAAAALLLLLYYYY?

Obama treads carefully on Libya and rebuffs pressure

Quote:
"It would be premature to send a bunch of weapons to a post office box in eastern Libya," said White House spokesman Jay Carney. "We need to not get ahead of ourselves in terms of the options we're pursuing."

The Obama administration has faced sharp criticism, especially from Republicans and conservative commentators, for being too cautious over the turmoil in Libya but has signaled it will not be rushed into hasty decisions that could suck the U.S. military into a new war and fuel anti-American sentiment.
But who is really pushing this idea? Well, I'm glad you asked....

Quote:
Mitch McConnell, the top Republican in the Senate, said one option was "simply aiding and arming the insurgents," noting that the United States often did this during the Cold War.

I know, it sucks when the propaganda get's blown up like that, huh?

Old 03-25-2011, 06:22 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I would think a president, who actually was pro-American, who has committed US military resources to these rebels, would rescind that order after finding out he is helping and arming and doing the dirty work of AQ....but maybe this was the plan all along, I mean, he had to have known of the links.

Maybe, like the Libyan commander, obama agrees that even AQ are "good muslims".

This is beyond criminal.

Then you should be all over Sen. Mitch McConnell...the one who originally floated and pushed for the idea.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:31 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
We're just fighting them there so we don't have to fight them here. Famous words from the decidamater.
then lets fight them like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oB5wZXk3ig
lets fight to win these wars

Old 03-25-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
REEEAAAALLLLLYYYY?

Obama treads carefully on Libya and rebuffs pressure

But who is really pushing this idea? Well, I'm glad you asked....

I know, it sucks when the propaganda get's blown up like that, huh?

McConnell made the suggestion before we actually knew about the links to AQ. Now that we DO, should president just continue helping shield these guys, continue with the NFZ and even go so far as to arm them?

Old 03-25-2011, 07:43 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Then you should be all over Sen. Mitch McConnell...the one who originally floated and pushed for the idea.

If you think any true conservative respects McConnell then you truly dont know most of us or how we think.

McConnell is a joke. As far as im concerned, he can join the Democrats. I dont like the guy and think he's a phony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies