Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 11:55 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
When was the date of the Declaration of Independence?

or the beginning of the Civil War?

or when Lewis and Clark set off?

or Pearl Harbor?

or the First Lunar Landing?

PFFFT! WHO CARES?

History sux...turn on "The Kardashians" or "Dancing With the Stars"

Y'know....serious, important stuff!
So, I take it you can't answer any of the questions I posed and are trying to deflect.
It was your topic, I thought you'd know this important information about when any PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES WAS ALMOST ASSASSINATED.
Apparently, you don't know the dates of the ones who were assassinated.

Pwned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 12:04 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
The day the inspiration for the Brady Campaign of Gun Banners was born. Law abiding gun owners have had to fight tooth and nail to keep thier rights ever since just because a crazed azzhat wanted to assasinate Pres. Reagan to impress Jodie Foster.

Letter to Jodie Foster

Since James Brady was shot in the head that day his wife has been as obsessed with removing the 2nd Amendment rights of all law abiding gunowners as Hinkley was with Jodie Foster.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:05 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
I was in 8th grade math class. A bully who sat in back of me was spitting in my hair (back when I had hair). When the news about Reagan broke everyone paid attention, even the bully stopped spitting for a few minutes. To this day I wish schools could torture (Gitmo style) school bullies, but that's a whole other topic.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:08 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Default Where was I 30 years ago?

....in kindergarten and playing with Barbie dolls

Old 03-27-2011, 12:13 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
So, I take it you can't answer any of the questions I posed and are trying to deflect.
It was your topic, I thought you'd know this important information about when any PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES WAS ALMOST ASSASSINATED.
Apparently, you don't know the dates of the ones who were assassinated.

Pwned.
lol. Shouldn't you log off and check out the latest Kardashian show episode?

No, but seriously this is about an important anniversary in America's history. If you care not for American history or are a foreigner that's all right.

Many of us here actually find our history an important guide to our future as a nation.

The pop culture horde may outnumber us but American History Buffs will never die!

Old 03-27-2011, 12:15 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,817 times
Was still a sperm floating around in my dad's balls

Old 03-27-2011, 12:16 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Watching TV in the living room with my Grandfather. I was 15...and i remember being pretty indifferent about it. I never believed for a minute that he was gonna die. My grandfather was even more indifferent than i was. We didn't have cable back then (our n'hood wasn' wired yet), so the news coverage took up all the channels. He got so mad about it that he went outside and started working on his old car project. We never even discussed it.

The one thing i do remember though, was constantly thinking.."Jodie Foster?" LMAO...why HER?

Old 03-27-2011, 12:17 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Do you remember what happened that day?

(History quiz)
I would have been one year old, so I would guess somewhere a baby would have been?

Old 03-27-2011, 12:25 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
lol. Shouldn't you log off and check out the latest Kardashian show episode?

No, but seriously this is about an important anniversary in America's history. If you care not for American history or are a foreigner that's all right.

Many of us here actually find our history an important guide to our future as a nation.

The pop culture horde may outnumber us but American History Buffs will never die!
I asked you about other significant days that you don't celebrate or even know about, apparently.
You, apparently, don't know very much about the history of the US or you would be acknowledging our assassinated presidents and all 13 who had assassination attempts.
Reagan is not the only one.

I don't live in the US, so I have no idea what you're talking about; you apparently do.
So sorry that you can't figure out or have interest in the dates of presidential assassinations.

Apparently, you don't know much about the history.
Like I said earlier, pwned.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:31 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Sorry. I thought the anniversary of the day the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES WAS NEARLY MURDERED would garner a mention. I guess the day the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES WAS NEARLY MURDERED should be totally forgotten.
Well, he didn't die, and went on to almost 8 more years as pres. So maybe not so significant as you think. What is the date of Eisenhower's heart attack? Of Reagan's onset of dementia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies