Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 09:11 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times

Advertisements

Just another great article by Larry Elder

Anti-Iraq War Bush-Haters Squirm to Justify Libya - Page 1 - Larry Elder - Townhall Conservative
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 09:19 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times
Paging Florida dude.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:23 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,518,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I didn't read the article, but being on the Left, I find it very disturbing that other Leftists aren't outraged by Obama's decision with Libya. Many of them screamed at Bush. War is war, military action is military action. If one opposes wars, it's not suppose to matter who is in office.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:35 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
I didn't read the article, but being on the Left, I find it very disturbing that other Leftists aren't outraged by Obama's decision with Libya. Many of them screamed at Bush. War is war, military action is military action. If one opposes wars, it's not suppose to matter who is in office.
Well, if you're one of the few who hate it now as much as you hated it then, one can at least say you're honest about it.

We knew that most of the squawking when Bush was CiC was purely political...and now we have the proof via the reaction of the Left. Total flip-flop because a democrat is in office.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:08 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,449,725 times
Aspetta....

I thought the conservatives hated Bush all along too? Wouldn't they be part of the Anti-Iraq War Bush Haters?

Old 03-27-2011, 10:13 PM

I always thought of myself as a Reagan Republican but now I'm jaded. I guess I've become a conservative independent. I thought Afghanistan had merit, but without an exit strategy, it felt Vietnam'ish (guess the feeling was right) and Iraq didn't sit well from day one. Now Libya is proof that both sides are exactly the same and wearing whichever coat sells.

The political marathon of hypocrisy has become a tight race. Boots on the ground to follow.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:14 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Do you know that few left leaners here will read this link? They will look at the last two words in the link and sail on by. They know how to attack Elder but not how to read him.

I liked the opinion piece, but then I think like he does as must you.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do you know that few left leaners here will read this link? They will look at the last two words in the link and sail on by. They know how to attack Elder but not how to read him.

I liked the opinion piece, but then I think like he does as must you.
I think you are correct because there isn't much to say against his article from either side. Elder is one of the few main stream columnists whom I feel are worth reading no matter what side of the aisle you sit. He might lean conservative, but he writes common sense.

Politicians have been gaming us, pitting us against each other. Meanwhile they appear to be doing the same when, in reality, they all have the identical goals, left and right. They figured out a way to get exactly what they want rather than standing up for what the people want. Now we're left with three people on the left hating three people on the right and four people in the middle wondering what the hell is going on.

This is by no means a conspiracy theory, but we are being set up for a fall. Many of us see it and there seems to be nothing we can do about it.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:03 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
While I think we should stay out of many places where we stick our nose including Libya I'd say there is a bit of a difference between air strikes and a full-scale invasion/occupation. I'm not all that fond of the author's casual acceptance of a terror sponsoring government because "they paid financial" settlements either. I wonder how many $$$ would make bin Laden acceptable to negotiate with?

Last edited by burdell; 03-28-2011 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-28-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
While I think we should stay out of many places where we stick our nose including Libya I'd say there is a bit of a difference between air strikes and a full-scale invasion/occupation. I'm not all that fond of the author's caual acceptance of a terror sponsoring government because "they paid financial" settlements either. I wonder how many $$$ would make bin Laden acceptable to negotiate with?
Bin Laden is either dead or retired. I think he did what he was told, like a good little boy, and that's why we just can't seem to find him. If the US really wants someone there isn't a hole deep enough to hide in. We create these regimes just to turn on them. We funded Saddam, Noriega, Castro, Sandinista, Guatemala, Mujahadein, Taliban and the list is endless. We try to mold countries in our image and then when the monster, we created turns on us, we kill it. I believe the only reason we still have any friends on this earth is from fear. Once the fear factor is gone, and it's slowly dropping worldwide, you'll see many other countries turn on us.

Keep in mind what the last no-fly zone turned into.

Last edited by steven_h; 03-28-2011 at 01:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies