Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 09:30 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,433,675 times

Advertisements

Locking a reporter in a closet? This must be an example of the transparent government Obama promised..

Quote:
An aide to Vice President Joe Biden has apologised to a reporter who was locked in a closet for hours after he was invited to cover a Florida political fundraiser because they did not want him talking with the guests.

Spokeswoman Elizabeth Alexander said the decision to hold local reporter Scott Powers there was a 'mistake'.
And she claimed an inexperienced staffer had put Powers in the closet instead of a 'hotel room' as was their normal practice.

As the unaware $500-a-head invitees dined on caprese crostini with oven-dried mozzarella and basil, rosemary flatbread with grapes honey and gorgonzola cheese, grilled chicken Caesar and garden vegetable wraps, last week, the veteran reporter was locked away.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1370371/Vice-Pr...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 09:32 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
And when will this person be prosecuted for kidnapping?

Old 03-28-2011, 09:34 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Once they found out he wasn't from FOX, hence an actual news reporter, they corrected their mistake.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:37 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Once they found out he wasn't from FOX, hence an actual news reporter, they corrected their mistake.
ok...

so you are saying its ok since liberals did it, and it would be ok if he was from fox...got it

more liberal BS... if this was bush they would be SCREAMING about the 1st amendment and bush

Old 03-28-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Good question..of course you know the answer..

Quote:
Some guests were shocked by the Vice President’s staff. One emailed the paper saying: ‘I was in attendance at the Fundraiser and enjoyed a nice lunch. ‘If I had known there was a reporter stuffed in the closet, I would have been compelled to stand up and demand answers. ‘I would also like to know if this is actually legal to treat people like caged animals. I’m disgusted by these actions.’

Florida state law says kidnapping entails ‘forcibly, secretly or by threat confining, abducting or imprisoning another person against her or his will and without lawful authority.’

Old 03-28-2011, 09:38 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post

Fail- again.....the list is getting long bobby

Old 03-28-2011, 09:40 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
If Eric Holder has anything to do with it the answer is never. Maybe the local jurisdiction can actually get involved.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:41 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
ok...

so you are saying its ok since liberals did it, and it would be ok if he was from fox...got it

more liberal BS... if this was bush they would be SCREAMING about the 1st amendment and bush
No, it's because access was to the Press.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Locking a reporter in a closet? This must be an example of the transparent government Obama promised..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1370371/Vice-Pr...
This is awful but boy did it make me laugh...

And Florida Bob, I hope you are kiding about the FOX comment!!!!

Nita

Old 03-28-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
This is awful but boy did it make me laugh...

And Florida Bob, I hope you are kiding about the FOX comment!!!!

Nita
I guess it is sort of funny in a way. Notice how in these type of situations, no matter which party is in power, they always trot out the "inexperienced staffer" to take the fall?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies