Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 08:54 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Palin is reviled because she is a vacuous snowbilly bimbo with a proven track record of being a failure and a quitter, who appeals only to the most irrationally biased, least educated and most ignorant segments of our society.

Do we need another reason to talk bad about her?
I rest my case on liberals. Liberalism is a mental disorder and full of hypocritical hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 08:57 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I rest my case on liberals. Liberalism is a mental disorder and full of hypocritical hate.
I blame the education system,it seems to turn out non-thinkers who function only on emotion....

Old 03-29-2011, 09:02 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I blame the education system,it seems to turn out non-thinkers who function only on emotion....
Thats part of it. Schools and universities that fill their minds with hate and garbage. Add our media and hollywood to that too. And **** poor parenting

Old 03-29-2011, 09:04 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Quote:
Palin is reviled because she is a vacuous snowbilly bimbo with a proven track record of being a failure and a quitter, who appeals only to the most irrationally biased, least educated and most ignorant segments of our society.

Do we need another reason to talk bad about her?

So much hate. How sad.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:16 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Makes me think Slick Willie is back in office with his spin.

Obama thinks everyone is stupid and really believes he can FOOL the American people into thinking we are not at war.

Someone please tell the fool in chief his past and his recent proves he just cannot be trusted for his word.

Hey Barry, we are onto you bubba.

2007 I believe was when he made the speech that we cannot go to war without asking congress, now he takes control and changes the rules. How amazing.

2012 cannot come soon enough.
After telling us that we would be out by Wednesday, word comes first thing this morning, that we're in for yet another week at least.

So, is Obama unbelievably uninformed, incredibly stupid, or completely dishonest?

Old 03-29-2011, 09:18 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Repub politicians fear what they are not allowed to control. They promote fear by the public so they can gain more control over what they were not allowed to control before. Their public reacts to the fear spread by the pols, which is natural. There is a whole industry made up of people exploiting that fear. Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh, Palin, O'Tidely, ....FOX.....etc. They make a lot of money from it, and the pols gain political influence from it, so there is the natural partnership. The problem they have with the left is that they don't fear what may happen, the left looks forward to it.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:46 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Default Mr President, give us the whole picture, please

I would have liked more clarification on what our role will be going forward. If and when Qadaffi duck is forced out, what will the US and NATO do along the lines of fostering/recognizing/supporting the new government? That was pretty much left blank. Open-ended commitments like Iraq and Afghanistan are exactly what we don't need here.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:55 AM

957 posts, read 758,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
So refreshing to watch and listen to an articulate, intelligent president make the case for the short campaign to support NATO in Libya. He's full of character and substance, doesn't hide the ball, precisely expressed the mission in clear terms, and defined the parameters that were met. We didn't go to war with Libya. We supported NATO in helping other allies by lending short-term support. What a stark difference from the acts of the village idiot from Texas. In essence, the president did what Republicans prayed that he wouldn't do: succeeded. Another exceptional speech!

By comparison, the shameful Republican George Bush lied to go to WAR then indicated through Rumsfeld that the "shock and awe" display would last a few weeks. An incredible flaw in the conservative ideology to pompously presume that such a quick show of military force would be more than enough to change the ideology of those proud people. When it obviously didn't work, to continue the ineffective, misguided, and excessive campaign while this country was bleeding to death...was unforgiveable.

Face it Pubs, this president is too much for your nonsense and has thus far proven to be an effective leader. Life is precious. Don't waste it being in denial.
Great Post I listened to the speech, and thought he laid out the objective quite well. As I read through this thread I noticed the usual Obama haters weighing in on the speech, even those who didn't listen to it, denigrating him. There's no pleasing these people. If Obama said it or did it, it's wrong, it's evil.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:58 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,328 times
Quote:
It only indicates to me that he's acting on facts and logic, and not one some slavish, stupid adherence to ideology.

You should be glad.
I'm with oz on this one, strel. Just what "facts" and just whose "logic" are involved here in a war that congress hasn't even signed off on?

Old 03-29-2011, 10:01 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Great Post I listened to the speech, and thought he laid out the objective quite well. As I read through this thread I noticed the usual Obama haters weighing in on the speech, even those who didn't listen to it, denigrating him. There's no pleasing these people. If Obama said it or did it, it's wrong, it's evil.

[IMG]//www.city-data.com/forum/
Strangely, I remember when american liberals/leftists/assorted marxists did the same thing with mr bush. Still, you have to give it to mr bush, iraq is the only democracy-like government in any of the arab countries........and he did this after a debate in and with the support of congress. Mr obama didn't even bother with that part of this whole situation. Do you people still consider this a "legal" affair?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies