Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2011, 08:36 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times

Advertisements

Anyone remember growing up and hearing that you could grow up to be "anything" including the President of the United States? Man, what a bunch of hooey that was. They should've mentioned the caveat that you need the money. Gotta have the money. If you ain't rich, you don't stand a chance.
You have to be part of an extremely select minority to become President.

Barack Obama (D-Ill) | Personal Finance Disclosure | OpenSecrets
I find it interesting we buy the same stocks.
I ain't worth as much as he is, though.

I wonder if we'll ever have a gay President. First Partner has a nice ring to it. I bet the White House would be totally fabulous, to boot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 08:42 AM

13,005 posts, read 18,906,017 times
Sorry, there are 300 million of us and only one President. But the chances of becoming a rock star or professional athlete are pretty slim, yet many parents spend big bucks preparing them for that. At least preparing for Presidency teaches more useful skills.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:48 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Anyone remember growing up and hearing that you could grow up to be "anything" including the President of the United States? Man, what a bunch of hooey that was. They should've mentioned the caveat that you need the money. Gotta have the money. If you ain't rich, you don't stand a chance.
You have to be part of an extremely select minority to become President.

Barack Obama (D-Ill) | Personal Finance Disclosure | OpenSecrets
I find it interesting we buy the same stocks.
I ain't worth as much as he is, though.

I wonder if we'll ever have a gay President. First Partner has a nice ring to it. I bet the White House would be totally fabulous, to boot.

This has to mostly do with the established beltway politicians and IMO they need to all go.
How much better would we be if we got people truly concerned with fixing problems instead of getting reelected.
For that matter how refreshing would it be if the voters grew a brain or were less selfish instead of expecting hand outs with no money.

We either get a Balanced Budget Amendment soon or we will have no country left to have a President for.

PS: No we will never see a gay President since they are tolerated with respect but they are not accepted as normal no matter what anyone wants to say or believe.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:44 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
nah, you don't need money. you just need votes.

the question is why you need money to get votes. maybe that tells us something about smart human beings are.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:46 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Sorry, there are 300 million of us and only one President. But the chances of becoming a rock star or professional athlete are pretty slim, yet many parents spend big bucks preparing them for that. At least preparing for Presidency teaches more useful skills.
Kids already know how to lie, cheat, steal, and bully.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:46 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
By my reasoning...somwhere in this 300+ million person population of ours there's a few President's in waiting. I still believe its possible for anyone to become President. Just gotta play your cards right.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:47 AM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times
President is nothing to aspire to.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:48 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Default Your kid's probably not going to grow up to be president

I realized decades ago that no one I've ever met would be president. It wasn't that big of a let-down.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:49 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Like golf and kissing European ass?

Old 03-29-2011, 09:50 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,402,934 times
The sad part is that we've gone from "Anybody can become President when they grow up," to "OMG he wanted to be President when he grew up!" and using that as a count against particular candidates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies